IGNORED

No Greater Joy Is Hosting A Texas Shindig

debrand

nogreaterjoy.org/articles/big-texas-shindig/

The Texas Shindig will be a joyful gathering of families growing in the grace of God, and will be an opportunity for your kids to meet their life partners. Bring the kids, your smile, and your musical instruments. We’ll see you there! -Shoshanna Easling

So, any FJers wanting to meet your life partner? Strange that Shoshanna uses the term, life partner instead of spouse. I realize that the Pearl girls aren't legally married to their husbands but by now, they would be common-in-law wives, woudln't they?

I would never bring a child to anything involving the Pearls. They should be as far away from children as possible.

nogreaterjoy.org/articles/big-texas-shindig/

So, any FJers wanting to meet your life partner? Strange that Shoshanna uses the term, life partner instead of spouse. I realize that the Pearl girls aren't legally married to their husbands but by now, they would be common-in-law wives, woudln't they?

Depends on what state they live in, but most states do not recognize common-law spouses. So they're up shit creek if their husbands ever decide to leave/kick them out. They'd only be entitled to child support. No alimony, no common property, no Social Security, etc.

http://www.unmarried.org/common-law-mar ... sheet.html

Anything having to do with the Pearls makes my physically ill, so I'm sure I missed reading up on this, but why weren't the daughters legally married?

Anything having to do with the Pearls makes my physically ill, so I'm sure I missed reading up on this, but why weren't the daughters legally married?

They had a ceremony but they don't believe in allowing the state to dictate if they are married. It has something to the Pearl family not being connected with sodomites. I'll have to find a link because what I typed just confused me even though I know that is what they actually said. LOL

None of my daughters or their husbands asked the state of Tennessee for permission to marry. They did not yoke themselves to government. It was a personal, private covenant, binding them together forever—until death. So when the sodomites have come to share in the state marriage licenses, which will eventually be the law, James and Shoshanna will not be in league with those perverts. And, while I am on the subject, there will come a time when faithful Christians will either revoke their state marriage licenses and establish an exclusively one man-one woman covenant of marriage, or, they will forfeit the sanctity of their covenant by being unequally yoked together with perverts. The sooner there is such a movement, the sooner we will have a voice in government. Some of you attorneys and statesmen reading this should get together and come up with an approach that will have credibility and help to impact the political process. Please contact me when you do and I will assist with publicity.

Michael Pearl

http://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/the-wedding/

Not breaking the link because it is an online magazine and I think that they know that we discuss them

http://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/the-wedding/

Not breaking the link because it is an online magazine and I think that they know that we discuss them

Thanks. I thought it would be something like that.

Every single word that comes out of the mouths or keyboards of the Swines is either condescending, smug, dismissive or all of the above (usually the last). Why any adult would want to feel scolded and demeaned at every turn in order to follow them is beyond my comprehension.

The Texas Shindig will be a joyful rigid, tense (but pretending to be happy) gathering of families growing in the grace of who are terrified of God, and will be an opportunity for your kids daughters to meet their life partners slave owners, and for us to make a buck off of your fear that they will live with you forever, and that you will all burn in hell (as usual -- selling fear is the way we make our living, you know). Bring the kids human punching bags, your fixed, phony smile, lots of plumbing line, some tree limbs, and your musical instruments. We’ll see fleece you there! -Shoshanna Easling

Fixed for honesty.

I've wondered if the Pearl sons - Gabriel & Nathan -- also refused to get state marriage licenses.

Since they seem to be attached to Daddy's hips chances are good they, too, are living in shack-up arrangements with their "wives."

Fixed for honesty.

QFT

I had to go to a Baptist church when I was little and am thus scarred for life, and am not snarking or kidding when I say that. It's been over 20 years since my shadow has darkened the door of one of those cursed places and I'm now a flaming (and I really mean flaming) liberal who is bordering on atheist...but still agnostic. The hellfire and damnation sermons (and let's not forget the guilt! Thanks guilt! I'm pretty sure you're part of my constant anxiety!) that Baptist denominations ensure are a magical part of childhood are very damaging psychologically to a child, at least from my perspective. All the better to keep the sheep in line, I suppose.

The fact that it is at the Alert Academy in Big Sandy seems to show that ATI at least approves of the Pearls' teachings, regardless of what loyal Duggar fans may say. It could be argued that NGJ is just renting the facilities, but I'm sure a pagan attachment parenting group couldn't rent them for a conference.

I like to pretend it's in solidarity with the many homosexuals that can't legally get married. :D

I guess it's because they are so not-worldly that they use the term "life partner" as if there's no history of the term being used to describe common law marriages in the homosexual community.

They did not yoke themselves to government. It was a personal, private covenant, binding them together forever—until death. So when the sodomites have come to share in the state marriage licenses, which will eventually be the law, James and Shoshanna will not be in league with those perverts. And, while I am on the subject, there will come a time when faithful Christians will either revoke their state marriage licenses and establish an exclusively one man-one woman covenant of marriage, or, they will forfeit the sanctity of their covenant by being unequally yoked together with perverts
None of that makes sense. It is a logic fail from beginning to end. How delusional do you have to be to come up with that word soup?

None of that makes sense. It is a logic fail from beginning to end. How delusional do you have to be to come up with that word soup?

At the very least, I think "unequally yoked" does not mean what he thinks it means :?

Yipe! Here's a question, shouldn't they be equally, if not more, offended by the divorce rate among married couples? Heterosexual couples are doing just fine messing up the "sanctity of marriage" all on their own. I really just cannot fathom where the fundies are coming from (that's probably a good thing.) What on earth does anyone else's marriage have to do with their's? Have they never heard of "Mind your own damn business?" (Or it's Biblical translation: "Judge not, lest ye be judged.." I'm really too lazy to look up chapter and verse right now....

I would never bring a child to anything involving the Pearls. They should be as far away from children as possible.

Truer words were never spoken. The Pearls are dangerous.

Archived