IGNORED

Mormon Blogger on Mocking Religion

lilwriter85

That posting seems playful, but I get a strong feeling it was resentful. There have been other things on Annette's blog that also hint that not all is well in that house. Her husband doesn't seem likable. In the most posting about her son's birthday, she was pissed that some of the kids in his preschool class didn't like cupcakes. I think maybe some of the kids might have said that because their parents might have strict rules on sweets. Annette had to have realized beforehand that some kids were going to refuse the treats.

That reminds me of a food blog I read (for a short time), in which the blogger was offended the kids in her child's day school class didn't like her snack of miniature carrots (like, she bought a bunch of itty-bitty young carrots with little green sprouts hanging out the tops, which was admittedly cute, but, I mean, they were still vegetables). So the next week she was going to bring blueberry muffins but not everyone liked those either, so she went on this rant about how her precious snowflake never ever ever ate fast food, and how her excellent parenting was totally unlike the parenting of the picky eaters of the class. And I was like, you really need to get over yourself if you're taking the opinions of a bunch of five year olds personally.

I can understand being disappointed when you put a lot of working into making a food and a bunch of kids are unappreciative, but it seems like you'd try to get over it before telling the internet.

Yup, it was written by the South Park guys. I don't think they ever intended to Mormons. I remember there being an SP episode about Mormonism and it wasn't really offensive. I think Matt and Trey do know about the dark side of Mormonism.

The main character of their movie Orgazmo was a Mormon missionary.

That reminds me of a food blog I read (for a short time), in which the blogger was offended the kids in her child's day school class didn't like her snack of miniature carrots (like, she bought a bunch of itty-bitty young carrots with little green sprouts hanging out the tops, which was admittedly cute, but, I mean, they were still vegetables). So the next week she was going to bring blueberry muffins but not everyone liked those either, so she went on this rant about how her precious snowflake never ever ever ate fast food, and how her excellent parenting was totally unlike the parenting of the picky eaters of the class. And I was like, you really need to get over yourself if you're taking the opinions of a bunch of five year olds personally.

I can understand being disappointed when you put a lot of working into making a food and a bunch of kids are unappreciative, but it seems like you'd try to get over it before telling the internet.

That blog sound hilarious. I have been on a few mommy blogs where they talk about their snowflakes not being picky. I agree, Annette should have gotten over it. I can sort of see why she was a bit upset, but she should have thought about the possibility that some of the kids might have been told not to accept certain foods at school.

On a related side note: I found Annette's husband Joseph's twitter account. I saw it a few months back. Heather used to have a twitter account and I remember Joseph on her following list.

He hasn't updated in months, but the main theme of the tweets is basically "I love being a Mormon".

https://twitter.com/cof99001

It will be interesting to see how Annette feels when they move to New York. A few times before she has been P.A. towards Joseph wanting to move to certain areas. On the topic of Heather and the mocking religion post, she has only got 1 comment so far. I guess some of her fellow Mormons haven't checked her blog. The only people that will comment on that post are her fellow Mormons. She does get some readership from the disabled community. But a lot of them likely ignore some of the religious postings. I found Heather's blog because another quadriplegic blogger had issues with her blog and she did posting about Heather. It was kind of a nasty situation and Heather found out about the posting because the other blogger hotlinked her blog.

It will be interesting to see how Annette feels when they move to New York. A few times before she has been P.A. towards Joseph wanting to move to certain areas. On the topic of Heather and the mocking religion post, she has only got 1 comment so far. I guess some of her fellow Mormons haven't checked her blog. The only people that will comment on that post are her fellow Mormons. She does get some readership from the disabled community. But a lot of them likely ignore some of the religious postings. I found Heather's blog because another quadriplegic blogger had issues with her blog and she did posting about Heather. It was kind of a nasty situation and Heather found out about the posting because the other blogger hotlinked her blog.

Was that Christina Symanski? She had an issue with Heather. I read Heather's response yesterday, but I don't think she posted about it until Christina died.

The main character of their movie Orgazmo was a Mormon missionary.

Off topic, but I thought that movie actually made the Mormon missionary look good. It was very much a 'look, nice guy who wants to do right' character.

Was that Christina Symanski? She had an issue with Heather. I read Heather's response yesterday, but I don't think she posted about it until Christina died.

Yup it was Christina Symanski. Christina was told about Heather's blog from a friend. Christina didn't like Heather's blog that much because she said that she couldn't really believe that someone would happy being a quadriplegic. Christiana's blogged about Heather. Heather responded to it very graciously. Christina liked her response and she asked Heather on the comments section if she had a strong faith in God before her injury. Heather never replied to that question.

http://lifeparalyzed.blogspot.com/2011/ ... t-joy.html

Sometime after Christina died, someone responded on Heather's blog about the situation. The commenter said that he was glad he found Heather's blog and that he disliked Christina's blog because she was very negative. I really felt bad for Christina Symanski and I understood some of her frustrations.

ETA: Heather's sister Laura once blogged about Christina. She was mad about what Christian said about Heather. She said that she almost considered emailing or commenting to defend Heather.

Off topic, but I thought that movie actually made the Mormon missionary look good. It was very much a 'look, nice guy who wants to do right' character.

Yeah, I think it did too.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. It's on now, btw.

I loved that episode! :lol: At first I wasn't sure if "dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb" was actually the word "Dumb" or just the musical refrain until a character questioned the "Golden plates in a hat? Really?? Then the refrain was "Smart, smart, smart,smart...." Completely awesome! Most of my Mormon friends thought it was hilarious as well, but they are not heavily invested in drinking the kool-aid.

Edited for sp and general clarity...

Archived