IGNORED

Hopeful Aspiring Homemaker

Deleted08

Hi Raìne! Thanks for dropping in! I appreciate your comment, but I don't take prescription medicines. I'm an herbal/all-natural health "nut." Usually I do pretty well, it's been a year since I've had so much as a cold.

Even if a doctor prescribes it, it's still a vitamin. Going through the pharmacy doesn't magically add Big Pharma Cooties to your supplements. It just gets you insurance coverage sometimes.

Also, I'm against taking any kind of hormones, because it causes your body to produce less of the hormone. If you have an imbalance, it's better to naturally stimulate your body to produce the correct levels of the hormone, so you don't become dependent on an unnatural source.

Thanks for commenting!

Vitamin D isn't a vitamin. It's supposed to be synthesized by the body ... so, wouldn't the same logic apply?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_D

edited to fix formatting

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What doctors has this wingnut interacted with that did not stress the importance of a healthy, balanced diet? I wish I had had Gary Null to advise my on the proper juicing to resolve a burst appendix. You know, something that would have acted with the body's "natural" ability to heal.

true story: a friend of mine eats very little carbs, lots of veggies and lots of "charcuterie" so pork processed products that have been found to increase risks of colon cancer. She brought it up to the doctor who said there was no problem with her diet. :lol:

I think some doctors are weird, but I think that in terms of diet, general doctors can't do much. I went to see a nutritionist and making food logs seem more efficient, than just saying at one appointment eat better.

she's crazy, and most probably if she applies what she says she'll have enough problems to go through.

That most recent post about the house was just mind blowing to me. She is sad the house is being sold, and is completely resigned to the fact that the only ways she can have a home to be a "homemaker" in is to wait for a man to marry her and give her one.

Here is a thought: go to college or trade school, obtain a credential in something that enables you to earn a living, actually go work for a few years, be frugal and save, and thenbuy a modest house for yourself to live out all your "homemaker" fantasies in. In the meantime, you can be a homemaker in an apartment too!

Go achieve your goals yourself and stop sitting around waiting to get married, as though a husband is some kind of reward for good behavior. Ignorant little twit.

I think it's funny she named the house like it was a plantation or an estate.

I got married at 18, my husband and I would buy Lynnwood from my parents, and my children would get to live in the same house where I lived my 4th-10th birthdays

Even if a doctor prescribes it, it's still a vitamin. Going through the pharmacy doesn't magically add Big Pharma Cooties to your supplements. It just gets you insurance coverage sometimes.

I'm not an "herbal/all natural nut" and it's been at least a year since I've had a cold either. I put it down to a healthy immune system, limited contact with germ factories children, and simple luck :? Guess I'm just not god's specialest snowflake...

" I don't remember any of my few trips to the doctor, and what I have learned, and continue to learn about doctors and the modern medical practice, gives me no desire to ever experience being a patient at a hospital."

Yeah, because people in hospitals DESIRE to be there.

Stupid moron.

" I don't remember any of my few trips to the doctor, and what I have learned, and continue to learn about doctors and the modern medical practice, gives me no desire to ever experience being a patient at a hospital."

Yeah, because people in hospitals DESIRE to be there.

Stupid moron.

Yeah, let's see how long that desire of hers will hold up if she has the joy of experiencing a kidney stone that won't come out and causes multiple attacks, gallbladder stones, or appendicitis. I'm sure she'll just sit at home on her couch praying to God and rubbing that coconut oil on her skin, and all will be well. Good luck with that!

I'd like to bet that she's never had a serious health issue and never suffered any pain worse than a headache. One of these days she'll end up with a wake up call.

I wonder if she would recommend me stopping wearing my glasses - perhaps my eyes would naturally correct themselves. No matter that I inherited shockingly bad long-sightedness from my dad, and have passed it on to my son. I'm sure after I'd sat at home unable to read, drive, work or recognise anyone for a few weeks, my body would start sorting itself out. :roll:

I hate it when people who have the good fortune to be healthy behave as if those who don't are somehow bringing it on themselves. Of course, there are things you can do to increase your wellbeing, and risks that it would be stupid to take, but I honestly believe some people are just made with more health problems than others, and the vast majority would much prefer not to be that way.

I think it's funny she named the house like it was a plantation or an estate.

Lynnwood! Home! I'll go home! And I'll think of some way to snatch a doctor-hating, Jesus-loving headship. After all, tomorrow is another day.

I wonder if she would recommend me stopping wearing my glasses - perhaps my eyes would naturally correct themselves. No matter that I inherited shockingly bad long-sightedness from my dad, and have passed it on to my son. I'm sure after I'd sat at home unable to read, drive, work or recognise anyone for a few weeks, my body would start sorting itself out. :roll:

I hate it when people who have the good fortune to be healthy behave as if those who don't are somehow bringing it on themselves. Of course, there are things you can do to increase your wellbeing, and risks that it would be stupid to take, but I honestly believe some people are just made with more health problems than others, and the vast majority would much prefer not to be that way.

She probably agrees with Cheryl that going on a juice fast can improve your eyesight to the point of not needing glasses.

I hope someone buys Lynnwood and turns it into a Brothel that just happens to give away free medical care and lots of Rx drugs.

I'm more concerned that she could get very sick and need to see a doc. With her attitude, she'll be one of the crazy ones who will "pray" it away.

Still, despite her snarkability, I still remember when I was 21 and thought I had it all figured out. Yeah, it was good I didn't have a blog then.....

I asked her about type 1 diabetes because I expected an answer along the lines of "well take insulin but pray really hard and take this magic vibrating water, too." I've never seen any anti-med person go so far as to say "don't take insulin ever;" most of them, misguided as they may be, have a vague knowledge of how the endocrine system works. I have a really hard time believing her mother is a nurse; mine is an RN, and if she knew I was running a blog saying diabetics should never take insulin she'd hunt me down and beat me with a stick. :violence-smack:

I think she's bright, but she reminds me of a boarder collie in a backyard the size of a postage stamp. She's fairly well-written, and likes to do research, and in another life could probably be a good nurse or public health worker, but she won't go anywhere on a diet of paranoia and really bad science. It's terribly sad.

I really do have a cousin with T1D, who is valiantly kicking the disease, and would probably laugh until she wet herself if I showed her those websites. In the interest of not going absolutely crazy after writing all that, I spent last night reading up on this fascinating study that may hold a cure for not only T1D patients, but others with autoimmune diseases. I recommend it if you'd like to redeem yourself (and your IQ) from that drivel.

I think FJ is getting to be more well known because I've noticed many fundie bloggers (SAHD especially) are shutting their blogs down as soon as they pop up on the FJ radar.

She only had five people following her. How will she get her messages out into the public?

I often get frustrated with doctors because they can not figure out what my problems are. I get discouraged because of this and sometimes choose not to see one when I really should. However, first off, I would absolutely tell someone else they should go to the doctor, secondly, I am absolutely certain that without modern medicine I would be dead. And or more hard of hearing than I already am. I believe in modern medicine, I just... wish it was better.

TEH HORROR!!!!

I seriously CRINGED at her recommendation of coconut oil in place of sunscreen. I'm not a redhead (my hair is naturally very dark brown), but I am as pale as pasteurized milk, and I would burn to DEATH if I did that. Hell, I tan (my version of a tan, which is still very fair) through 50 SPF sunblock during about a week's worth of 30 minute walks in the evening. Ugh.

Um, does she not realize that oil is used to FRY things and make them crispy?

Not a redhead, but I do have auburn hair and redhead type skin. It's a family complaint that when we go to buy makeup we have to argue with them that we need paler than they think that we need. (and my mom and grandma both had nearly black hair, I'm sure I have it easier since I have hair like my great grandma.)

Holy Smokes! It looks like Lizzie has made her blog invite-only. Is it something we said?

Damn. I missed it.

Guest Anonymous

Damn. I missed it.

The blog is public again. The more troublesome comments have been expunged. There are still a couple of dissenting opinions, but only so Lizzie can look tough smacking them down (or she's missed the sarcasm).

hopefulaspiringhomemaker.blogspot.com/

Oh Lord, this girl sounds like an insufferable bore.

What a prideful and ignorant woman.

I love her "plans" to get married and get the house and have the kids. I love that her plan to reach these goals is to sit at home doing the dishes and writing a silly blog. There's a saying she should heed "A goal without a plan is just a wish". And I hope her wish doesn't get fulfilled. All we need is for this woman to procreate and raise even more ignorant versions of herself.

What is so Godly about sitting at home and accomplishing nothing? What is so Godly about ignorance? Yet another poser who thinks that wearing a skirt and being judgemental of others is the path to righteousness.

I'm also worried about her future children (if her "goals" are attained) and the medical care they may need and then are denied. Like this:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-135307 ... rison.html

The picture of the second dad crying and wiping his eyes really tugs at my heart. If they had just seen a doctor, their son would've lived. It seems that prayer really doesn't work well well......

She witnessed one home birth and that makes her an expert. If only.

And please tell me "Mrs. Annie" is a FJer. A preemie dying is the same as an abortion???

I cannot tolerate these "doctors and modern medicine are evil" wackos! :x BOTH of my sons would probably be dead were it not for those evil doctors. My 13 year old was born with a potentially deadly infection and my 6 month old is recovering from RSV/bronchiolitis right now. I THANK God for modern medicine!

Archived