IGNORED

Hopeful Aspiring Homemaker

Deleted08

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She would rather die of injuries than wake up in a hospital after an accident? I think we might be dealing with a complete moron here.

And the statistics she cites. Wow. Even if true, they're a small percentage of the whole. Doctors aren't gods, after all, and patients should do their own research before assenting to any surgeries.

ETA: When my mom was nine years old, she was run over - not merely hit, mind you, but run over - by a car. She has a massive zipper scar around her midsection to prove it. It reaches around from one side of her spine to the other. Experimental surgery not only saved her life but, by some miracle, allowed her to have children.

A few years later my husband was born with a condition that might have killed him in another era. Without the rods in his bones - without surgery and antibiotics - his life would be less enjoyable, assuming he would survive at all.

When I was 24, I crushed my ankle in a skydiving accident. It was what the doctors called a "hard fix" but it held and now I walk with a limp on two legs, rather than with one leg.

My mother's father was crippled by polio. Thank God for medical science.

If she doesn't go to a hospital after an accident, she just might get her wish.

Considering doctors pretty much ensured that my daughter wouldn't be confined to a wheelchair for her entire life, I take major issue with people who dismiss them as evil or unnecessary.

That most recent post about the house was just mind blowing to me. She is sad the house is being sold, and is completely resigned to the fact that the only ways she can have a home to be a "homemaker" in is to wait for a man to marry her and give her one.

Here is a thought: go to college or trade school, obtain a credential in something that enables you to earn a living, actually go work for a few years, be frugal and save, and thenbuy a modest house for yourself to live out all your "homemaker" fantasies in. In the meantime, you can be a homemaker in an apartment too!

Go achieve your goals yourself and stop sitting around waiting to get married, as though a husband is some kind of reward for good behavior. Ignorant little twit.

Guest Anonymous

Today, this made me angry:

hopefulaspiringhomemaker.blogspot.fi/2012/09/weird-beliefs-and-opinions-hospitals.html

Oh my God! Seriously! One of her sources is this guy: Gary Null, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Null

The blog post contains a ton of conspiracy bullshit about doctors butchering people for those fat profits.

And this just makes no sense:

A large part of the problem with the medical community is the average American's lack of interest in changing their lifestyle. Do they really expect to eat the SAD (Standard American Diet) - sugary pastry breakfast, fast food lunch, microwave TV dinner, veg out on the couch, junk ice cream before bed, and still somehow expect to live a "healthy" life? Doctors might give them the standard advice that everyone knows: get exercise, eat your veggies. But the average American tends to ignore that advice, and when they get diabetes, heart disease and cancer, who makes money off of their poor health choices? Think about it, why would doctors push healthier lifestyles on people who are perfectly happy to just pay for them to "fix" the damage?
(Original emphasis)

Her complaint about the 'medical community' is actually a criticism of society at large and the non-medical world. Yet, she somehow makes it the fault of doctors. I think she's even implying some sort of conspiracy, as if doctors aren't really recommending people live healthily, that's just for show, they really want you weighed down by every potential preventable health problem.

And then she complains about metal pins and transplants, because they're unnatural and doctors are ignoring the body's 'miraculous ability to heal itself'. Like somebody's going to magically grow back a healthy liver, even after it has been irreparably damaged!

That most recent post about the house was just mind blowing to me. She is sad the house is being sold, and is completely resigned to the fact that the only ways she can have a home to be a "homemaker" in is to wait for a man to marry her and give her one.

Here is a thought: go to college or trade school, obtain a credential in something that enables you to earn a living, actually go work for a few years, be frugal and save, and thenbuy a modest house for yourself to live out all your "homemaker" fantasies in. In the meantime, you can be a homemaker in an apartment too!

Go achieve your goals yourself and stop sitting around waiting to get married, as though a husband is some kind of reward for good behavior. Ignorant little twit.

I've been a perfectly happy homemaker in an apartment for *years* now, so I can personally call bullshit on this one. As a result unlike many of our peers we're not underwater on a mortgage or house poor. The only drawbacks are that I can't paint and I hate having carpet, oh poor me.

And for the record my husband works with our doctor, he's a hard-core Primal diet follower and does gently suggest it to his patients, so yeah, some doctors do look at diet. So that's bullshit too.

Guest Anonymous

I was so angry when I wrote about the medical post that my comments here are almost incoherent. There was a lot of silent screaming going on as I wrote that.

I feel a lot better now, having read another blog entry. This post examines some of the heavier thoughts weighing down on the Hopeful Aspiring Homemaker's mind: hopefulaspiringhomemaker.blogspot.fi/2011/04/do-you-make-your-bed-every-morning.html

:D

Edited: punctuation

Don't read the comment. Apparently, insulin is a hormone that just makes Type 1 diabetics sicker. Who knew? Also, in a different post, Lizzie advocates coconut oil in tabor of sunscreen. The stupid, it is strong with this one.

Guest Anonymous
Don't read the comment. Apparently, insulin is a hormone that just makes Type 1 diabetics sicker. Who knew? Also, in a different post, Lizzie advocates coconut oil in tabor of sunscreen. The stupid, it is strong with this one.

I'm trusting (in the Lord) that the comment about insulin was sarcasm and the work of an FJer (Caelem?).

I'm trusting (in the Lord) that the comment about insulin was sarcasm and the work of an FJer (Caelem?).

It was a Caelem. That makes me feel better. The comment on sunscreen still stands though. ;)

I can't believe it never even occurred to her to get a job & rent or buy the house for herself.

And, yeah, check back in 20 years or so (or less) to read about her many natural and healthy options for curing skin cancer.

What doctors has this wingnut interacted with that did not stress the importance of a healthy, balanced diet? I wish I had had Gary Null to advise my on the proper juicing to resolve a burst appendix. You know, something that would have acted with the body's "natural" ability to heal.

There is some migh-tee prime fuckwittery on this blog. Another daughter of a king waiting for Prince Charming and asking daddy and the little brothers if her outfits are modest enough. Vaccines kill people, and the infectious diseases they prevent aren't any biggie anyway. Daddy said so. :roll: A woman without even basic biology knowledge is able to discern that she caught a cold by not being dilligent in her echinaceae and Vitamin D intakes.

I am so glad that blogging did not exist when I was 21 and knew everything.

My dad recently had a heart attack. No amount of herbal or homeopathic medicine could have opened up his clogged artery.

I feel bad that she feels like she's "behind" on her life schedule, because she's still single and childless at 21. In just about any other culture within the U.S., her status wouldn't warrent any concern. But knowing she's a redhead who uses coconut oil to achieve the "slightest shade of pink" tempers my concern. Try putting coconut oil on melanoma and see what happens.

Guest Anonymous

I need to stop reading this blog, it just gets worse and worse. Coconut oil as sun protection is just plain stupid (she also uses coconut oil in her chocolate fudge recipe. For some reason, I find that double duty very odd). She rants about unpasteurized milk (sorry, 'real' milk), as if food safety is a waste of time. She calls homosexuality a 'perversion' and says the idea of people having different sexual orientations is 'ridiculous' (where's the smiley face for "very, very angry"?). And then there's this one: 'Imagine 9/11 happening every day...' Because, according to her, comparing legal abortion to terrorism is completely reasonable.

I can't even roll my eyes at this; I find it too unbearable.

Edited to tweak wording and punctuation.

Anyone else having trouble following her train of thought on sexual orientation? Does she really think gay people don't exist or are lying? Seriously, I can't figure out her point to save my life.

why do some fundies not see medical and scientific advancements as perhaps part of God's plan. What if God's answer to someone's prayers was insulin, a vaccine, antibiotics, surgery, and whatnot. So that person dies and they ask God why he didn't cure them and his answer is "I tried! I sent you a skilled surgeon but you sent him/her away"

why do some fundies not see medical and scientific advancements as perhaps part of God's plan. What if God's answer to someone's prayers was insulin, a vaccine, antibiotics, surgery, and whatnot. So that person dies and they ask God why he didn't cure them and his answer is "I tried! I sent you a skilled surgeon but you sent him/her away"

I just commented and asked her if she thought that maybe God helped people to discover that insulin helps with diabetes. I also used my diabetic cat as an example of how insulin does work. Can't wait to see what she says.

I just commented and asked her if she thought that maybe God helped people to discover that insulin helps with diabetes. I also used my diabetic cat as an example of how insulin does work. Can't wait to see what she says.

Silly SealFan, your cat is doing. it. wrong. Of course, Lizzie knows this because she has medical texts, and chooses to contradict the information they contain. Oh, how my head hurts.

Her responses to the comments are a Treat. The cat is diabetic because it was fed food with grains....the young type 1 diabetic children have already been ruined by poor diet at age 4....she really is a special snowflake who knows everything!

I am anticipating a blog flounce or major hysterics very very soon.

Archived