IGNORED

Liz's "I gave my gift back" post is gone....

Justme

Maybe she thought about it some more, realized just how close she came to getting sucked into the vortex and decided she had no regrets, so why not get rid of that somewhat self-pitying post.

I doubt they are back 'on', More likely they'd rather pretend it didn't happen. Kind of like how I deleted all my ex bf's photos & messages on my fb wall...

I doubt they are back 'on', More likely they'd rather pretend it didn't happen. Kind of like how I deleted all my ex bf's photos & messages on my fb wall...

Pretend is a big part of the lives of fundies. If the blog post is deleted, the event just never happened.

I hope she deleted it because she's just so over it, and not because big bad Steve told her to do it...

I don't think the deletion had anything to do with Steve. The Muncks are fundies, they like rewriting history.

I think that post was just so much venting on her part. It was sort of nonsensical to me but chalked it up to emotions over making a tough decision. Now she's over it, probably looked at it and decided "oh geez, I can't believe I wrote this" and got rid of it.

I think that post was just so much venting on her part. It was sort of nonsensical to me but chalked it up to emotions over making a tough decision. Now she's over it, probably looked at it and decided "oh geez, I can't believe I wrote this" and got rid of it.

yes. And all within the space of a few months! Lol fundies.

I'm surprised they deleted it, they didn't seem like the type.

Their last two birthdays look pretty cute.

Pretend is a big part of the lives of fundies. If the blog post is deleted, the event just never happened.

This. But I'd go a step farther. It's more than a big part of their lifestyle. It IS their lifestyle, what it's based on, how they maintain it, every part from start to finish. A big, wasted pile of pretend life.

The entry on September 10 still refers to the wedding being called off, so it isn't a complete whitewash.

I'm glad she took it down. She was in a deeply vulnerable position when she wrote it, and I certainly hope that posting it in the first place wasn't because of any kind of pressure (from her own family or the Maxwells, whether external or internalised) to justify her decision.

yes. And all within the space of a few months! Lol fundies.

I'm surprised they deleted it, they didn't seem like the type.

Their last two birthdays look pretty cute.

Yeah, as well as discussed on FJ before, she couldn't have been that emotionally involved with Joseph being the long distance fundie arranged marriage and all that. Emotions were probably more associated with cancelling the wedding on short notice, knowing she was going to disappoint people, she's bucking the trend for fundie women, hassles/lost deposits due to the cancellation and I am sure dealing with Steve was no FUN at all. Now the hoopla over the wedding cancellation is past, she knows she dodged a major bullet, so she may have decided there was really no "gift" to give back. Plus she and her family are having FUN! instead of living in Maxhell. Don't think there was pressure from Steve at all, as her family is no doubt on his permanent sh*t list and have ceased to exist for him.

I see it as similar to removing all pics of your ex after a breakup. I know people who do that. It's like an exorcism for them. I don't blame the Maxwells nor the Muncks for wanting to remove references to their broken courtship. No one wants that out in the open for others to read nor to be reminded of it at home.

Yep, this.

I wonder if she gave the ring back? I wish I could have seen a picture of it. I am kind of a jewelry-hound.

Has anyone seen Rebekahs post on the 'corner of joy' blog?

The Munck SistersSeptember 27, 2012 3:34 PM

Hi Amy!

I enjoy your blog so much you are a great Godly Lady to look up to! I have not been to your blog in a long time, we (my sisters and I ) closed our blog down at the beginning of the summer, do to my sister getting married, well to make a long story short, she ended the engagement, so we started our blog up again, and I saw your blog and have enjoyed it very much! I will be keeping you in my prayers!

Your sister in christ

Rebekah

Hi Amy!

I enjoy your blog so much you are a great Godly Lady to look up to! I have not been to your blog in a long time, we (my sisters and I ) closed our blog down at the beginning of the summer, do to my sister getting married, well to make a long story short, she ended the engagement, so we started our blog up again, and I saw your blog and have enjoyed it very much! I will be keeping you in my prayers!

Your sister in christ

Rebekah

SODRT spelling fail aside, that sure sounds like the sisters' blog was shut down at Steve-O's insistence and not because of any noble aim of family unity as stated on the main Munck blog.

Hi Amy!

Your sister in christ

Rebekah

What does being engaged have to do with shutting down your blog? Oh yeah, she was engaged to Steve Maxwell progeny. 'Nough said. :roll:

I hope it wasn't because she was getting nasty comments on the post from Steve Humpers...

I too think its weird and also telling that they shut down the sisters blog before the wedding and now its back to business as usual with both their blogs!

I Also think she, and the entire family, is realizing she dodged a huge bullet, that even if she indeed had feelings for Joseph, she knew that Stevo and their cray-cray family would be running their entire lives and it wouldn't be a proper marriage.

I hope it wasn't because she was getting nasty comments on the post from Steve Humpers...

I too think its weird and also telling that they shut down the sisters blog before the wedding and now its back to business as usual with both their blogs!

I Also think she, and the entire family, is realizing she dodged a huge bullet, that even if she indeed had feelings for Joseph, she knew that Stevo and their cray-cray family would be running their entire lives and it wouldn't be a proper marriage.

ruining, you meant ruining, right? :roll:

I'm so confused by that comment. There aren't any new posts on their blog yet, and she seems to think that it is not possible to read other people's blogs unless you have a blog yourself...? :think: It will be interesting to see what they post once they do get around to it, though.

OT, Rebekah reminds me so much of a smiling version of Ann Veal.

Is the post discussed in another thread? Any way of pulling it up? I tried, but my internet skillz are not great!

Here's where it was discussed:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12106&start=180

Still trying to find an archive of the post itself, but no luck yet.

ETA: you can see the full post, more or less, on page 12 of that thread :)

Archived