IGNORED

Baylee the Awesome and the fraktastik Bates fan page

Buzzard

I could be wrong, but I think I remember someone on FJ saying they were setting up a Bates fan page, and that being how I knew about it and why I "liked" the page.

And then I just assumed that there wouldn't be two Bates family obsessives going by the name Baylee or a variation thereof. I find it hard to believe there are that many Bates Family obsessives at all, the name similarity is quite a coincidence. And the FJ Baylee has been inconsistent with her story re her relationship with the Bates family.

God only knows why she would lie about her involvement though, unless it's because she insists that she isn't a fangirl here, and a fan page would kind of negate that.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me, too, since my name is not Baylee, I don't have a Bates fan page, AND I am 69 years old, which Bayley obviously is not. I don't post on the Bates site, neither have I written anything on ANYONE'S fan page. I take that back, I am a fan of Animal Planet and GeoWild and have a Cause an Uproar T-shirt. I am also a fan of Deadliest Catch, but do not know a single person on any of those shows. If I were Bayley and I did have a Bates fan page, why would I deny it? Some people on FJ are clearly obsessed with this nonsence. What I said was I know the Bates and like them although I do not share their beliefs. Why on earth does this upset people? Whatever!!! If it is true that they will be filming the Bates family in January, I wish them well. No doubt they could use the money, but no doubt having a show will change that family forever even if I would wish otherwise.

If you are going to be here, can't you at least answer if good parents immediately go into denial when hearing about accusations that their religious leader sexaully harrassed a teen? You seem to think that it is.

Does Baylee even know the Bates personally like she claims too? Or is she just a leg-humper like Dianne?

Whatever happened to that "Diane" thread...anyone hear of her anymore???

If you are going to be here, can't you at least answer if good parents immediately go into denial when hearing about accusations that their religious leader sexaully harrassed a teen? You seem to think that it is.

And you're making the rules now?

The rules say you can post here, the rules also say that I can also bring up this question every single time you post. That way people won't forget that you were horrified when you originally read the post about Gothard sexually harrassing teens and said that he should be in jail, said that if you brought this up to the Bates their knee jerk reaction would be denial and then to cut you out for daring to question Gothard, and then you still claim that they are good parents.

By the way, I sent them an e-mail with my concerns. No response yet.

BayLee_10, how can the facebook page and this:

Former Lurker, just joined.

Since I know Kelly Bates, although I am not a fundie by any stretch of the imagination, I always feel called upon to defend her. Kelly is a very humble woman who tries very hard to be a good wife, mother and Christian. Some of the messages on her blog reflect her lack of ability to put into writing what she is thinking. Although both she and Gil have drunk deeply of the Kool-Aid, they do not try to push their beliefs on others, and they do freely associate with us heathens. Kelly's older brother is dying of cancer and this is causing her great stress, which might explain some of her topics. I know this is about snark, and I do snark about her belief system, which is, jmho, crack pot. Reading the Bible doesn't interest me, reading anything else, to include the phone book if nothing else was available, and watching TV do interest me. I don't know where Kelly's statistics came from, possibly Gothard induced?

be a coincedence?

FJers: How do you quote from another thread that's on here? * is quite embarassed that she doesn't know how :oops: I had to cut and paste *

I did not light the mesquite. It could be the smell of my morning espresso that brought this one in again. But but but, she said she wouldn't be back :lol:

I swear, experiencedd, you're like the 1st ever fundie-whisperer. Not sure if that's a good/bad thing. :?

BayLee_10, how can the facebook page and this:

be a coincedence?

FJers: How do you quote from another thread that's on here? * is quite embarassed that she doesn't know how :oops: I had to cut and paste *

I can't help you with you question since I don't know how to do that either. But where is this quote from? FB or here? Did Baylee post it?

I did not light the mesquite. It could be the smell of my morning espresso that brought this one in again. But but but, she said she wouldn't be back :lol:

I was unable to sleep last night, so I was looking around BayLee's posts (and as far as I can tell, she has always claimed to be a 69 year old female, for those wondering). Back in January she said she wasn't going to say any more about the Bates family. So, guess we're just too tempting. Maybe it is our cake?

ETA: Anxious Girl, if you want to add quote tags, type this: at the start and at the end, but with square brackets: [ ] instead of angled ones. If you want to include who said it, the first tag would be: , but with square brackets. Is that what you were asking?

I was unable to sleep last night, so I was looking around BayLee's posts (and as far as I can tell, she has always claimed to be a 69 year old female, for those wondering). Back in January she said she wasn't going to say any more about the Bates family. So, guess we're just too tempting. Maybe it is our cake?

Hell she reflounced about two weeks ago. It's the sweetness of the Hive that keeps them coming back.

Hell she reflounced about two weeks ago. It's the sweetness of the Hive that keeps them coming back.

How much time do you give her this go-around? I say by supper tonight

How much time do you give her this go-around? I say by supper tonight

I'm vaguely disappointed she hasn't called us out on the FB page, but I think she considers that space hallowed ground.

I lean towards believing that Bayley of FB and BayLee of FJ are the same person for all the reasons that others mention, plus one more: They both make the same glaring grammatical error. Both of them use "Bates" when referring to more than one member of the Bates family. It should be Bateses.

Words that end in -ch, x, s or s-like sounds, however, will require an -es for the plural:

more than one witch = witches

more than one box = boxes

more than one gas = gases

more than one bus = buses

more than one kiss = kisses

more than one Jones = Joneses

ETA: And the ugly collages on the UBoA FB page are a copyright violation. The Bateses (see what I did there, Bayley?) own the copyright for those photos.

But would BayLee of FJ have a Duggar fan page? She's claimed numerous times to abhor the Duggars.

My amateur google sleuthing has revealed the following: Bayley of Facebook is Bayley Paharik picture and she lives in Pennsylvania. According to her personal FB page, BayLee of FJ lives in New York and is not named BayLee. Her picture also shows her to be as she described and looking nothing like the person in Bayley P.'s photo. She also posted a photo in 2009 of her dog named...Baylee. I could post more but I don't want to cross the line when it comes to posting members' personal information, although you can access that information for yourself with information BayLee has provided on FJ. I can now almost guarantee, short of an IP/DNA check, they are not the same person.

I don't mean to be a pain; I'm just a fan of the truth. And this one comes across to me a bit like a witch hunt.

But would BayLee of FJ have a Duggar fan page? She's claimed numerous times to abhor the Duggars.

My amateur google sleuthing has revealed the following: Bayley of Facebook is Bayley Paharik picture and she lives in Pennsylvania. According to her personal FB page, BayLee of FJ lives in New York and is not named BayLee. Her picture also shows her to be as she described and looking nothing like the person in Bayley P.'s photo. She also posted a photo in 2009 of her dog named...Baylee. I could post more but I don't want to cross the line when it comes to posting members' personal information, although you can access that information for yourself with information BayLee has provided on FJ. I can now almost guarantee, short of an IP/DNA check, they are not the same person.

I don't mean to be a pain; I'm just a fan of the truth. And this one comes across to me a bit like a witch hunt.

Thank you for your detective work. I never thought of using my FB page to defend myself, and I am not sure I would have, because other people who are family and friends don't deserve having their personal information invaded. Hopefully this is the last I will have to hear about 'my' Bates' fan page.

And hopefully you will be done with telling us how the Bates are "wonderful" parents all while refusing to address the shitting things they do.

By the way, the only reply I got from your friends the Bates is the form letter that includes links to Bill Gothard. So, are you still so scared of their reaction that you can't bring up your concerns or do you no longer feel like he should be in jail for what he did?

Now I'm going to feel all self-conscious about using Bates instead of Bateses. My grammar nazi self knows the latter is correct but it's too awkward for my liking. Maybe I just won't refer to them at all. :oops:

Doesn't look like Baylee reads through the comments on the page properly.

1. Comment praising the Bateses.

bateses.png

2. But when you click 'more', you get the entire comment.

bateses2.png

Ooops. :lol:

Doesn't look like Baylee reads through the comments on the page properly.

1. Comment praising the Bateses.

bateses.png

2. But when you click 'more', you get the entire comment.

bateses2.png

Ooops. :lol:

:clap:

Archived