IGNORED

What is the craziest thing you'd do for Jesus?

kpmom

In the Maxwell's most recent blog post (you know, the one where they DON'T talk about the visit by FJ's holy trinity), there are some pictures of Joseph's presentation, What Does Jesus Mean To You? (AKA, What Really Does Jesus Mean To You? and What Does Jesus Session Mean To You?)

One of his slides is entitled, What is the craziest thing you would do for Jesus?

So how about it, FJers? What is the craziest thing you would do for Jesus?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craziest? Hmmmm...not be an asshole in his name. Read HIS words instead of Leviticus. Help my niece know she doesn't have to choose between books and Jesus. Damn, none of that is crazy, it's good to really know that now. Kind of like if Huckleberry Finn ever realized that he in fact was NOT on his way to Hell for helping Jim escape.

So we've got to do crazy things for Jesus now like he's a Klodike bar?

+1, and wins the internetz. I can just picture the slickly-produced commercial now.

I await his second coming. After all, it's been 2000 years. It should be a gusher.

At this point, he'd probably be better off just faking it so we can all get some sleep.

Get a TARDIS, take him off the damn cross before he died, and prevent all this fuckery in his name.

I'd go back farther and nab a pregnant (probably 14 year old-ish) Mary and take her to a time where she wouldn't have to worry about being killed by her fiancee for being pregnant before the wedding.

I'd go back farther and nab a pregnant (probably 14 year old-ish) Mary and take her to a time where she wouldn't have to worry about being killed by her fiancee for being pregnant before the wedding.

Ooh, good point. Which era, d'you think?

Live and fully experience the life he supposedly died to give me?

Other than that, I got nothin'

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

For Jesus? I should think a God has no need for people to do “crazy†things for him. For my fellow dust creatures, however, I am willing to do a lot of crazy shit – partly in thanks to the Creator for my own life, and partly because everyone is born with inalienable rights: Rights that are often ignored or maligned or denied, but rights all the same.

The craziest things, then? A few months ago, I learned something about my origins that I could have gone forever not knowing. My anger at certain persons was...rather extreme. I stayed well clear of said persons until such time as I stopped killing them over and over in my dreams. After that, when I settled down, I looked at myself and my own past actions and decided to “forgive those who trespass against us.†It turns out such an act of will is not a one-time thing. I had to do it every day for a few weeks, then every few days, and now it's down to about twice a month that I have to forgive yet again.

Each human being is described as the naos – the Holy of Holies wherein the spirit of God dwells. And God help all of us, because we all fail so flagrantly sometimes, but especially those who have failed to recognize that their duties to God are carried out almost entirely in service to one another.

Ooh, good point. Which era, d'you think?

Probably sometime in the future. Even present day America's not exactly a great place for an unwed pregnant teen to raise a child.

I would start with re-claiming the religion that is supposedly in his name, which has been totally hijacked by people who bastardize his message. Then I might love some neighbors, feed some homeless, and judge not lest I be judged. Then I might enjoy some really good wine 'cuz making really good wine was one of his first miracles at the wedding in Cana (and they made a point about how his wine was better than the wine served earlier in the celebration), so clearly he meant for us to enjoy good wine, not just the cheap Carlos Rossi jug.

I might serve pancakes and tortillas. Jesus eating a pancake on which His own image magically appears would be priceless.

I would paint Jesus's toenails in rainbow colors.

And yes, I once got a couple of scholars in an argument about what the proper plural possessive of Jesus would be. Wish I could remember what the answer was.

Edited for riffle

I would bring him to the present so He could see what people are doing in His name. And then put him on national television to do the proverbial throwing-things-in-the-temple act.

FREE JESUS.

I'm not sure I'd do anything especially crazy for his sake. However, if I met Jesus I'd challenge him to a game of Scrabble. Seeing as how I always boast that I could beat him at said game, I may as well follow through.

Not sure if he'd be up for a game of strip poker, anyway.

I'd go with the anti-crazy and drag him along to all the meetings I'm due to attend this week.

Introducing him as "a Palestinian comrade who's interested in...[topic of meeting]" :lol:

Get a TARDIS, take him off the damn cross before he died, and prevent all this fuckery in his name.

Fuckin' amen to that!

Seriously, if Jesus were to turn up again today, I don't think Steve Maxwell would like him very much: too tolerant, too compassionate, too fucking actually good.

Edited for second thoughts.

In the Maxwell's most recent blog post (you know, the one where they DON'T talk about the visit by FJ's holy trinity), there are some pictures of Joseph's presentation, What Does Jesus Mean To You? (AKA, What Really Does Jesus Mean To You? and What Does Jesus Session Mean To You?)

One of his slides is entitled, What is the craziest thing you would do for Jesus?

So how about it, FJers? What is the craziest thing you would do for Jesus?

I told Mary and Sara we could help them escape their father's cult.

ETA: I am gonna be coasting on that for awhile.

Archived