IGNORED

Harold Camping has Stroke

xDreamerx

Probably from the stress of trying to make a failed rapture make sense biblically while at the same time proclaiming his superiority as a prophet.

Yeah, and a pretty shoddy job he did to cover his ass (spiritual apocalypse?) I agree, can't say I feel too badly for the guy.

I'll have you know that I'm the real prophet, and I predict that the rapture will actually occur whenever. Of course, you may send your money and worldly possessions to me forthwith, er, for safe transportation. You know, cause I'm trustworthy. My word is my bond. So there.

I have a history with Camping. When I first came in contact with him over 30 years ago, he was still a member of a church. My parents, after shopping, joined that church because Camping led the Bible studies and Family Radio was the Bee's Knees as far as they were concerned.

That asshole led my parents into the world of fundies; thankfully, they dragged my sullen 16 year old butt to those bible studies and his schtick, what I listened to at any rate, turned me off Western religion forever. I just sat there reading the bible as fiction for two years until I could get the hell out of that house and poisonous church (Dutch reformed).

When he struck out on his own and went completely batshit crazy, my parents finally realized he was a false prophet. I had a ball telling them "I told you so." Credit to them, after they realized they'd been duped, they took inventory and moderated their stances on just about all issues. They were even socially drinking wine for the last 10 or so years of their lives.

I hope Camping lingers on for a while, totally conscious of his hell on earth, before he shuffles off this mortal coil.

I hope Camping lingers on for a while, totally conscious of his hell on earth, before he shuffles off this mortal coil.

What marmalade said.

Archived