IGNORED

FRC, these aren't my values, and I vote!

U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan and House Majority Leader Eric Cantor should be embarrassed.

Why?

Because they're lending the prestige of their offices to hate groups that spread incendiary lies about the LGBT community and others.

Ryan and Cantor are among a number of high-ranking public officials slated to speak this week at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, D.C.

The summit is hosted by the Family Research Council (FRC), a group that portrays gay people as sick, evil, perverted, incestuous and a danger to the nation. It insists that gay people are "fundamentally incapable" of providing good homes for children - a myth that has been rejected by all relevant scientific authorities. One of its key leaders has actually said that homosexual behavior should be criminalized.

One of the summit's co-sponsors, the American Family Association, has gone so far as to link homosexuality to the Holocaust. Here is what Bryan Fischer, the AFA's director of issue analysis, wrote in 2010: "Homosexuality gave us Adolph Hitler, and homosexuals in the military gave us the Brown Shirts, the Nazi war machine and 6 million dead Jews." He also once said that welfare rewards black people who "rut like rabbits."

More here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/j-richard ... 75300.html

How on earth did homosexuality give us Hitler when he had two parents of the opposite gender? Someone ought to clue this fool into the fact that two people of the opposite gender who procreate are generally heterosexual. And since nearly 98% of the population is hetero, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that it is the heteros that have caused all the problems in this world. Morons.

One of the summit's co-sponsors, the American Family Association, has gone so far as to link homosexuality to the Holocaust. Here is what Bryan Fischer, the AFA's director of issue analysis, wrote in 2010: "Homosexuality gave us Adolph Hitler, and homosexuals in the military gave us the Brown Shirts, the Nazi war machine and 6 million dead Jews." He also once said that welfare rewards black people who "rut like rabbits."

:shock: What. the. fuck? Last I knew, Nazi Germany persecuted especially homosexual men, and sent an estimated 5000 to 15 000 to KZs. They had a program called "Extermination through work", which was even more horrid than it already sounds, and that's saying something. Considering that fellow's comment about black people, he really needs to pick up a history book, and maybe, just maybe he'll see that his way of thinking isn't all that far from the racism that was the foundation of Nazi Germany. Oh, who am I kidding, he's not going to do that, is he?

You're going to hurt yourselves trying to figure out what their "logic" could be -- it's worse than a game of Twister with an octopus.

There is no thought behind it besides "OK, I already hate this group, how do I twist vague 'science' and inaccurate 'history' (ooooh, and religion -- don't forget religion!) around to make it fit?

I think 'rutting like rabbits' applies to fundies more than to the black population in general. If they can't convince the general populace to embrace their way of thinking they will pop out babies to brainwash.

Ryan and Cantor should be more than embarassed. What fools! The Family Research Council is pretty well known as a hate group. Also, FYI, this is where a lot of Fundies get their "we Christians are soo persecuted in the US" crap. See the FRC's latest on their bullshit *survey* results here:

http://www.frc.org/newsroom/pervasive-r ... -hostility

Although, part of me is glad that the Republican Party is being so freaking open about their utmost contempt for women and the LGBT community this time around. There is no pretense at being centrist or moderate. Their far-right agenda is right out there and I hope they are truly shooting themselves in the foot.

We have to work incredibly hard to turn out as many voters as possible this time. Get enough women, LGBT, moderates, and Independent voters to the polls and defeat Romney/Ryan.

Archived