IGNORED

GOPer claims disability punishment for abortion

Rosa

I'm going to be doing a lot of canvassing in NC (this next weekend and other times) so maybe we'll run into each other.

Thank you both for working towards the appointment of three new liberal supreme court justices. That's how many our next president will appoint. These are the judges that will hear the appeals on much of the anti-woman legislation passed by states.

I appreciate your hard work, and although I live in a Blue state I'm canvassing as well.

I've been noticing how people that were once considered staunch conservatives and Republicans, like David Frum, are suddenly on the outs with the party. Apparently, if you dare to say that people should have health care, or think that the whole "birther" thing made your party look like it was filled with idiots, or think that the alliance with talk radio hosts and FOX news is a bad thing, or (gasp!) admit that you are no longer opposed to same-sex marriage because there is no objective proof that it harms the family, you are not wanted.

http://nymag.com/news/politics/conserva ... m-2011-11/

That is a great article, but I really think the "why has the party gone crazy" Republicans are failing to admit something important:

their economic ideals FAILED. Deregulation caused the housing bubble crash. Too-low taxes left state governments unable to cope with recession without HUGE federal aid.

So what's left of the party? The crazy religious people that the business wing of the GOP thought they were just humoring to get votes. They're not new. They've always been there (or at least for the last 20 or 30 years). Bible-quoting anti-science anti-progress anti-knowledge types have taken over - not inevitably, but because the pro-business side overreached so badly.

I had to terminate my first pregnancy. My son, who was my second pregnancy, is a happy, healthy two year old without any issues. In fact, the only illness he's ever had was a head cold at 9 months old. I'm not sure what this fool is talking about, but whatever it is, it's blatantly false.

I have a sister who once told me that her friend was to blame for said friend's daughter's cancer. It was because of the mother's sin that the daughter got sick. I asked her why on earth this person was still her friend. I would have dropped her ass in a heart beat. And this is the sister that keeps trying to convince me to go to church. Yeah, I think I'll pass.

I've been noticing how people that were once considered staunch conservatives and Republicans, like David Frum, are suddenly on the outs with the party. Apparently, if you dare to say that people should have health care, or think that the whole "birther" thing made your party look like it was filled with idiots, or think that the alliance with talk radio hosts and FOX news is a bad thing, or (gasp!) admit that you are no longer opposed to same-sex marriage because there is no objective proof that it harms the family, you are not wanted.

http://nymag.com/news/politics/conserva ... m-2011-11/

So they are now eating their own....not surprising.

My son was born disabled and he was my first pregnancy, no abortion here. On the other hand, my sister had an abortion in high school and then went on to have 2 perfect healthy kids.

I can't even comprehend some of the crap they come up with. I think someone needs to research the correlation between hard right wing conservatives and serious mental illness.

There used to be quite a few moderate, senseable repubs around and they've all been run out of town. It really struck me when former Gov. Charlie Crist spoke at the DNC and said he didn't leave the republican party, the republican party left him.

How can a human brain come to conclusions like that?

I can't remember ever meeting someone this stupid and superstitious in my life, let alone someone this stupid and superstitious who ends up elected to office.

It just floors me.

Archived