IGNORED

Fundie Walmart Employees?

Deleted06

There are 2 women working at the Walmart near me, they are always dressed in the approved Walmart shirt but they also wear floor length khaki (sp?) skirts. This makes me wonder...does Walmart prefer to hire fundies? Anyone else have the long skirted Walmart workers near them?

There's one at my Walmart.

I don't think it's preferred, it's just allowed as part of the uniform. I used to work at JoAnn's. We had to wear a white shirt and khaki pants. Well, we kept our store thermostat set to "Finnish Sauna," and I sweat like crazy when I'm warm (not something you want to do at work!), so after working there a few weeks, I asked my boss if I could wear a long khaki skirt instead. She said sure, so I made the switch immediately. SO much better. Way cooler than pants.

I had long hair for a while, and I got mistaken for a fundie by our local fundies. One woman seemed very, very pissed when I cut my hair up to my chin.

There are 2 women working at the Walmart near me, they are always dressed in the approved Walmart shirt but they also wear floor length khaki (sp?) skirts. This makes me wonder...does Walmart prefer to hire fundies? Anyone else have the long skirted Walmart workers near them?

The walmart in Salem, Or has a few Russian orthodox women working there. The russian orthodox community is actually quite progressive out there. They also wear floor length skirts. So, dont assume that a floor length skirt= fundi.

I was a WM supervisor for...more years than I care to remember. There were some fundies in a few of my stores. One, whose daughter also worked there, was completely illiterate. I always felt bad for her. Her husband was dead and she only had one child. Her daughter got married and moved a few hours away, and her mother was just lost. She didn't know how to pay bills or anything, even if she'd been able to read. They were Assembly of God, I think, but on the strict side of that denomination.

At least you could spot those fundies. One woman I supervised was a Chaldean fundie. She had a full-on hissy fit when another Chaldean, a really nice woman, showed us her wedding pictures. One was of the newlyweds sharing a pretty mild kiss. It wasn't anywhere near a Smuggar-sucks-off-Anna's-face pic. She was a SAHD except she had a job. She dressed (well) in modern clothes, so it was kind of a surprise when she went off on people.

I was a WM supervisor for...more years than I care to remember. There were some fundies in a few of my stores. One, whose daughter also worked there, was completely illiterate. I always felt bad for her. Her husband was dead and she only had one child. Her daughter got married and moved a few hours away, and her mother was just lost. She didn't know how to pay bills or anything, even if she'd been able to read. They were Assembly of God, I think, but on the strict side of that denomination.

At least you could spot those fundies. One woman I supervised was a Chaldean fundie. She had a full-on hissy fit when another Chaldean, a really nice woman, showed us her wedding pictures. One was of the newlyweds sharing a pretty mild kiss. It wasn't anywhere near a Smuggar-sucks-off-Anna's-face pic. She was a SAHD except she had a job. She dressed (well) in modern clothes, so it was kind of a surprise when she went off on people.

So, basically, Walmart will hire anyone but me. I do have a masters degree in chemistry. So, thats the main problem. But, its nice to know that I am special because walmart wont hire me.

I'm surprised fundie women work at Walmart. The job exposes workers to the full spectrum of society. Plus, they don't pay very well. I guess many SAHD and fundie women don't have many options and may be forced to take any job that will hire them.

The walmart in Salem, Or has a few Russian orthodox women working there. The russian orthodox community is actually quite progressive out there. They also wear floor length skirts. So, dont assume that a floor length skirt= fundi.

The Russian girls that sell berries at our farmers market are pretty defrauding but they still cover their hair. Woodburn girls, I usually chat with them about fundies when I'm buying fruit from them. Parts of their family are still Old Believers and they are now Pentecostals. They change their clothes in the van as they're coming to market, and change back on the way home.

Archived