IGNORED

Oldest unmarried fundies living at home?

Karsaroni

Yes.I could list every major family talked about here and the vast majority either have more daughters than sons or daughters at the top With the younger brothers marrying first.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There could be, or we might just be more aware of the daughters because they're more likely to have their own blogs than are the sons. I think that the problem is less a numbers issue than it is an imbalance of agency--the daughters can't proactively seek husbands, they have to wait to be picked.

I guess as all the blogs I read by fundie SAHD are written by the daugters.

Can't think of any that are under 24/5

Isn't it simply that there are fewer fundy men than women? Jboob himself said it on the episode where Sarah Malley came over.

Fundies rationalize everything with "It's God's will", that is a code phrase for "This shit is not working out, but I'm not allowed to question it!", but also many of them actually believe it.

yep pretty much. Malley probably thinks it was her purpose and God's plan for her to write the book and help others

Well, there is one bright spot where these fundies with expired sell-by dates are concerned: no marrying means no breeding.

Well, there is one bright spot where these fundies with expired sell-by dates are concerned: no marrying means no breeding.

So true! Their 200 year multigenerational plans going up in smoke too. I bet Mama Arndt never thought she'd end up with 14 kids and 0 grandkids! :lol:

A stale dated fundy is always something to celebrate :dance: :clap:

There could be, or we might just be more aware of the daughters because they're more likely to have their own blogs than are the sons. I think that the problem is less a numbers issue than it is an imbalance of agency--the daughters can't proactively seek husbands, they have to wait to be picked.

Are there any escaped offspring from lesser-known fundie families? Sons would be slightly more capable of leaving than daughters, so that could be a source of an imbalance.

Sometimes I wonder if the "older" SAH fundies are made up of the LGBTQ population of fundieland. You're gay in fundiedom? Don't get married, that is if you figure it out. I can't imagine someone like Sarah Maxwell knowing that she is gay, she would just think that she is super holy for not being to men, and any attraction to women she would brush of as "seeing God in her" or some such nonsense. Even more worldly fundies could talk them selves out of it ("I'm not a pervert!", "I don't want to be with children.", "I don't want to rape people." -those are all things that I was taught as a fundie lite that gay people were).

10% of the population is LGBTQ, I would assume that the same would be true of fundies.

Also, men have a larger spectrum to pick from - a fundie guy can get a fundie-light(er) wife and since she's to submit to him, he's fine. A SAHD can only marry an equally -or more- fundie man.

Sometimes I wonder if the "older" SAH fundies are made up of the LGBTQ population of fundieland. You're gay in fundiedom? Don't get married, that is if you figure it out. I can't imagine someone like Sarah Maxwell knowing that she is gay, she would just think that she is super holy for not being to men, and any attraction to women she would brush of as "seeing God in her" or some such nonsense. Even more worldly fundies could talk them selves out of it ("I'm not a pervert!", "I don't want to be with children.", "I don't want to rape people." -those are all things that I was taught as a fundie lite that gay people were).

10% of the population is LGBTQ, I would assume that the same would be true of fundies.

Considering how sheltered the Maxwell kids are, especially the reversals, do you think they even know about LGBTQ? Think about it. No tv, no radio, no newspapers or magazines, monitored Internet, never alone, only family and limited approved contact with like minded people, and everything they know goes through the Steve filter before it reaches them. I don't think they even have a clue. If baseball can lead to a lifetime of debauchery and sin I can only imagine what steverino thinks acknowledging the existence of gays would do.

How long must a fundie SAHD live with her parents before she's allowed to accept spinsterhood and move out? Menopause? When her parents die?

I wonder how all of them rationalize it. Clearly it's not working for them.

I wonder how they rationalize the utter failure that is their entire relationship model. How come when we experience heartache it's our fault because we didn't do it their way, but when they experience heartache it's God challenging them?

Wow--I never considered this, but it is entirely believable that the Maxwell "children" don't even know it's possible to be LGBTQ. Other fundies like to rail about "sodomites," but Steve-o would prefer his kids not know they exist. After all, if they don't know about same-sex attraction, they can never experience it. Right? Right?

I definitely think that a certain portion of the unmarried, older fundies are LBGTQ. They always knew growing up that they weren't the "marrying kind" or never saw themselves as married with children. They may not have articulated in their blogs, because to say it would be unthinkable. Feeling that it wasn't in your lifeplan to ever get married used to be common among gays and lesbians and probably still is among fundie LGBTQ folk.

I remember reading years ago about two elderly brothers, bachelor farmers in Minnesota or the Dakotas, who thought that they were the only people like them in the world. They'd never met anyone else who was gay. They were so relieved to know that they weren't alone and that there were other people like themselves.

Ruth Wissman must be 29. She is the eldest unmarried Wissman, the next is only 21 IIRC

I think that the practice of using the older daughters to raise the younger siblings can also contribute to their singlehood. Father is going to be much, much more picky about the potential suitor if it means losing all the help.

What would the Duggar adults do, for example, if Jana, Jessa, Jinger, and Jill all found (or Jim-Bob found) husbands who were totally suitable within 2 years of each other. Suddenly there's going to be a whole lot more work for those left at home. By the time the little ones grow up, the girls are into their 30's and 40's.

The "child" that is Sarah Maxwell, of course. And another Sarah. Malley (sp?) The one who wrote "Before You Meet Prince Charming." Still looking for him, I guess.

Sarah Malley is 32. It's easy for me to remember because I was born in the same year. She's still selling the koolaid through her organization called Bright Lights.

http://www.brightlights.info/gracenotes/

Sometimes I wonder if the "older" SAH fundies are made up of the LGBTQ population of fundieland. You're gay in fundiedom? Don't get married, that is if you figure it out. ...

I think you are on to something. I definitely think it might be more prevalent with the male fundies. Guys like Issac Botkin can just say they haven't met the right "one" yet, etc. but I definitely have my suspicions about him. Same goes for Joshua Phillips and Audri Vernier's brother. There's just something about those 3 in particular that makes me think they will be lifelong bachelors..

Well, there are Israel Wayne's sisters...Sony or Mercy is surely about 40 or older now. Then there are the Naylor girls...Sage is about 40. There is a fundie girl I know who used to have a blog and she is almost 40. I am sure there are more I don't even know of.

I think you are on to something. I definitely think it might be more prevalent with the male fundies. Guys like Issac Botkin can just say they haven't met the right "one" yet, etc. but I definitely have my suspicions about him. Same goes for Joshua Phillips and Audri Vernier's brother. There's just something about those 3 in particular that makes me think they will be lifelong bachelors..

The blonde Botkin, is that Elizabeth? I think that she might be gay.

The right-wing just LOVES to diminish the numbers of the LGBTQ population. It's a tactic they've been trying for for a long time as if it makes their hatred any less reprehensible.

There is no way that the gay population is only 2-4%, especially when you look at situations like mine. My husband and I are both bisexual, but we look like your average, straight couple with 3 kids and a cat. Technically, we should both be counted in the LGBTQ numbers, but because we are in a heterosexual marriage we never would...I would think that if you added people like Mr Pixy and I in, the number would be closer to 25%.

Archived