IGNORED

Oldest unmarried fundies living at home?

Karsaroni

Just wondering... do we have a thread where the oldest unmarried Fundies (female and male) are noted and accounted for? Sort of like our "Baby Season" thread?

I was trying to think of the Fundies that are 25+ (because that's considered "old" in Fundieland) and clearly there are a lot of them, especially females. I quickly lost count. Especially considering there are some entire families that could be added (i.e. The Arndt man-boys).

Anyway, if such a thread doesn't exist maybe it's something some of our Fundie experts can put together. :D And if so, let's go ahead and put the Botkinettes at the top of the list! Hee Hee!

**edited due to horrific spelling.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent idea.

The Botkin "girls" are far from the oldest, though. The oldest SAHDs I can think of are the Reinses, the older of whom is 35 or 36. I don't know who the oldest SAH son is, but I'm sure the Arndt "boys" are contenders for that title.

The "child" that is Sarah Maxwell, of course. And another Sarah. Malley (sp?) The one who wrote "Before You Meet Prince Charming." Still looking for him, I guess.

What about the two sisters that share a blog...? Both are SAHD and one of them prayed that God would provide her with a bed that couldn't cost more than $20 - and he answered her prayers!

Can't remember their names (or the name of the blog) but they both looked like they were over 30. Anybody can remember the name of the blog?

What about the two sisters that share a blog...? Both are SAHD and one of them prayed that God would provide her with a bed that couldn't cost more than $20 - and he answered her prayers!

Can't remember their names (or the name of the blog) but they both looked like they were over 30. Anybody can remember the name of the blog?

Is it ahthelife?

Yes, thank you!

Yep, that's the blog of the rapidly aging Reins sisters.

At what point does stay-at-home daughterhood go from "I am a nubile yet pure young maiden who needs my father's protection before I marry" to "I am probably never getting married, so I'll just stay here and freeload because it's easy"?

The "Ah, the Life" girls are now like 31 and 36. I just remember they both turned 35 and 30 a while back. I mainly know them as the girls who wrote the "Bringing Rebecca Home" entry. They blogged about how their church came together to "surprise" Rebecca on her last day as a "wage-slave" and to celebrate her coming home. It was pretty nausea inducing and insulting to, you know, people who work. A slave is someone who don't get paid for working. People who are financially secure through a wage is, by definition, not a slave! I wonder how the two girls feel now that they've been home into their 30's with no hubby in sight. Sometimes I feel bad for them, but then I remember how they view salaried jobs, and especially, females who work and I feel vindicated (vindictive?) since I met my hubby at work.

Sarah Maxwell is the only other 30's SAHD I know. I don't anticipate she'll get married. Ever. I think by the time women enter their 30's and are still a SAHD, she is no longer a "young maiden" waiting to get married. She's past her fundie prime and essentially have to wait for a widower to come along. Her job now consists of raising nieces and nephews and caring for her parents' home.

Kelly from ahthelife will be 36 in December:

ahthelife.blogspot.se/2005/12/happy-birthday-kelly.html

Andrea looks about the same age, so I'd guess that she's between 32 and 35 years old. They congratulate each other on their birthdays in 2005, 2006 and 2007, but not a word about birthdays or their age after that.

Found this from 2006:

PS And thank you for plan B. The pink house and white fence where two old spinsters enjoy each other's companionship.

ahthelife.blogspot.se/2006/01/happy-birthday-andrea.html

What seemed like a joke in 2006 may seem like reality six years later.

I feel sorry for them, especially after I found this:

ahthelife.blogspot.se/2009/01/in-hopechest.html

I think Cecily Bradrick (older sister of Sippy Cup) is still living at home. Katherine got married quite old, too (by fundy standards). I think she was well over 30, maybe something like 34 or 35.

familydiscipleshipmin.com/about/

One or two of the Bradrick sisters is/are 30+. I think Cecily is one of them. Although they did just have Katherine, who was 35 or 36, get married, so maybe there is hope for some of these girls!?

I feel sorry for them, especially after I found this:

ahthelife.blogspot.se/2009/01/in-hopechest.html

I was feeling really sorry for her thinking that she must have put HOURS AND HOURS into stitching that until reading the comment that she paid someone else to make it.

Never seen that blog before .....

those girls from "ahthelife" are so cute. what bad luck they were born into this cult. in the real world they wouldn't be single for a long time!

The "child" that is Sarah Maxwell, of course. And another Sarah. Malley (sp?) The one who wrote "Before You Meet Prince Charming." Still looking for him, I guess.

Hmm. Worked out nicely for her, huh. I wonder how she rationalizes it.

At what point does stay-at-home daughterhood go from "I am a nubile yet pure young maiden who needs my father's protection before I marry" to "I am probably never getting married, so I'll just stay here and freeload because it's easy"?

I'm reminded of a scene in "The Corn is Green" (one of Katharine Hepburn's lesser-known movies, but a real winner, IMNSHO):

MISS MOFFAT (Hepburn, who wants to set up a school in a poor Welsh mining community)

Miss Ronberry. I used to meet friends of yours at lectures in London.

You live alone, you have just enough money, you're not badly

educated, and time lies heavy on your hands...Isn't that so?

MISS RONBERRY

Not at all. When the right gentleman appears...

MISS MOFFAT

If you're a spinster well on in her thirties, he's lost his

way and isn't coming.

As for the oldest unmarried SAH son, I'd say the mysterious Isaac Botkin is a contender. He has to be at least 30 by now.

Hmm. Worked out nicely for her, huh. I wonder how she rationalizes it.

I wonder how all of them rationalize it. Clearly it's not working for them.

Are there just more fundie daughters about than sons so there are "leftovers" that don't get matched up?

There could be, or we might just be more aware of the daughters because they're more likely to have their own blogs than are the sons. I think that the problem is less a numbers issue than it is an imbalance of agency--the daughters can't proactively seek husbands, they have to wait to be picked.

I wonder how all of them rationalize it. Clearly it's not working for them.

Fundies rationalize everything with "It's God's will", that is a code phrase for "This shit is not working out, but I'm not allowed to question it!", but also many of them actually believe it.

Well since the sons are the ones doing the courting, they likely will pick from the younger, fresher crop of fundie girls in the 18-20yr range so I guess being an Isaac Botkin isn't as bad as being a Botkin sister.

Well since the sons are the ones doing the courting, they likely will pick from the younger, fresher crop of fundie girls in the 18-20yr range so I guess being an Isaac Botkin isn't as bad as being a Botkin sister.

Agreed. Uteri age quickly. Better to be a 30 yo male fundie than a 30 yo female fundie.

Archived