IGNORED

Oldest unmarried fundies living at home?

Karsaroni

The blonde Botkin, is that Elizabeth? I think that she might be gay.

The blonde one is Anna Sophia. Where do you get the gay vibe?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blonde one is Anna Sophia. Where do you get the gay vibe?

Ok, Anna Sophia. I'm not sure....it could just be that she is massively unhappy with her life, but in pictures I just get the feeling that she is hiding something. It's not one thing that I can put my finger on.

Sarah Malley is 32. It's easy for me to remember because I was born in the same year. She's still selling the koolaid through her organization called Bright Lights.

http://www.brightlights.info/gracenotes/

It's funny, she makes so much money on the SAHD industry (her product seems to have a lot of crossover appeal to girls across the fundie spectrum) but has expressed zero interest in getting married. No surprise since her whole business would go up in smoke. I think that had she not been warped into thinking college is evil and that she could have a career or a husband she'd probably have become a youth pastor or teacher or something.

I wonder how much the bad economy is affecting fundie matchmaking, because the expectation is that a guy has to be able to support a family before he gets married. With the emphasis that fundie guys have to start their own businesses, on top of having a terrible SODRT education it seems like a lot of guys are stalling out. I think the Ardnt guys are in that position, they are can't make enough money in the family business to support a wife and kids. Of course they all have super stockholm syndrome on top of that.

There is no way that the gay population is only 2-4%, especially when you look at situations like mine. My husband and I are both bisexual, but we look like your average, straight couple with 3 kids and a cat. Technically, we should both be counted in the LGBTQ numbers, but because we are in a heterosexual marriage we never would...I would think that if you added people like Mr Pixy and I in, the number would be closer to 25%.

I agree. I think the population of people who are 100% gay all teh time no exceptions or so few exceptions they don't count it might be that small. But the population of people who aren't totally straight would probably be closer to 25%. I know lots of seemingly heterosexual married couples that are actually two bisexual people married, and I doubt they'd be counted in such a survey (a lot wouldn't even count themselves, because of their marriage).

Whatever the real percentage is (I always though 10, myself), fundies have just as much chance of being gay as anyone else. No matter what they believe about upbringing and choice, their children are no more less likely to be gay than anyone else's children. But their children who happen to be gay are guaranteed to be miserable, and it worries me for them. I have no speculation on which ones are gay, but there have to be SOME. I think it's possible of some unmarried older fundies, because I'm gay and if I was raised fundie I'd ensure I never got married, as that could be the best I can hope for. And you don't need to be taught what gays are to know you're gay. You're still taught, in fundie terms, that girls are attracted to boys, and if anything you'll know that you're not. I knew I wasn't attracted to men long before I knew I was attracted to women. And though they're probably in denial if they're gay, it doesn't make the feelings disappear.

There is no way that the gay population is only 2-4%, especially when you look at situations like mine. My husband and I are both bisexual, but we look like your average, straight couple with 3 kids and a cat. Technically, we should both be counted in the LGBTQ numbers, but because we are in a heterosexual marriage we never would...I would think that if you added people like Mr Pixy and I in, the number would be closer to 25%.

My biggest problem with that study is it ONLY counts those who are coupled in a same-sex relationship. It doesn't count singles (either gay or bi) or bi's in a hetero relationship. If you're trying for an accurate picture of things, that's a HUGE problem in my view! I believe sexuality is much much more fluid than US society as a whole - but specifically the fundies - admit to.

My biggest problem with that study is it ONLY counts those who are coupled in a same-sex relationship. It doesn't count singles (either gay or bi) or bi's in a hetero relationship. If you're trying for an accurate picture of things, that's a HUGE problem in my view! I believe sexuality is much much more fluid than US society as a whole - but specifically the fundies - admit to.

It did? Wow! So I guess that means even I don't count, even though I'm a woman who's only attracted to women and has never been attracted to a man. So as gay as you can get right? But I wouldn't count simply because I'm currently single? Fundies would throw a fit if it was decided single people didn't count as heterosexual. If they weren't counting singles, which I didn't know, or bis in hetero relationships which I knew they weren't counting, then the number should be much much higher.

Considering how sheltered the Maxwell kids are, especially the reversals, do you think they even know about LGBTQ? Think about it. No tv, no radio, no newspapers or magazines, monitored Internet, never alone, only family and limited approved contact with like minded people, and everything they know goes through the Steve filter before it reaches them. I don't think they even have a clue. If baseball can lead to a lifetime of debauchery and sin I can only imagine what steverino thinks acknowledging the existence of gays would do.

I've said this many, many times. Coming out wasn't a big deal for me, thankfully, but I had the advantage of growing up without hearing judgement against gay people. I very sincerely doubt that fundies would know they were gay, they'd bury any desires so quickly and so deep. For them, after decades of indoctrination, it is simply not an option to be gay, end of story.

I agree. I think the population of people who are 100% gay all teh time no exceptions or so few exceptions they don't count it might be that small. But the population of people who aren't totally straight would probably be closer to 25%. I know lots of seemingly heterosexual married couples that are actually two bisexual people married, and I doubt they'd be counted in such a survey (a lot wouldn't even count themselves, because of their marriage).

Whatever the real percentage is (I always though 10, myself), fundies have just as much chance of being gay as anyone else. No matter what they believe about upbringing and choice, their children are no more less likely to be gay than anyone else's children. But their children who happen to be gay are guaranteed to be miserable, and it worries me for them. I have no speculation on which ones are gay, but there have to be SOME. I think it's possible of some unmarried older fundies, because I'm gay and if I was raised fundie I'd ensure I never got married, as that could be the best I can hope for. And you don't need to be taught what gays are to know you're gay. You're still taught, in fundie terms, that girls are attracted to boys, and if anything you'll know that you're not. I knew I wasn't attracted to men long before I knew I was attracted to women. And though they're probably in denial if they're gay, it doesn't make the feelings disappear.

Do you really think that if Sarah Maxwell were gay, she would know? I think that she would just think that she was really holy, not being attracted to men, waiting for God to show Daddy who she should marry. She doesn't know what sex is, so she can't get grossed out thinking about having sex with a man. Crushes on women, she could talk herself out of (because it's socially acceptable to think that another woman is pretty, etc). I was raised fundie lite, and it took me until I was leaving my first marriage to admit to myself that I MIGHT be bi....(and I had left Christianity already). I had always talked myself out of crushes on girls. I liked her style, I wanted to be friends, she made me laugh, it's just a "girl crush", etc.

I dont think a gay fundie would know it. With no ability to think about sexual things with someone, due to not knowing what it is, and the lack of social skills from growing up in isolation from the rest of the world (and probably not knowing what gay is other than it is a sin), I dont think they would recognise what it is.

I have to admit, I did have something similar growing up-I had no idea I had crushes on people as a teenager because I didnt have the social skills or sexual attraction to realise that I was feeling the same way as other people were when they had boyfriends or girlfriends. I rationalised my interest in girls as just friendship, and boys the same as I never thought about sex with them and didnt know people could like both, I thought you were either gay or not gay. I was also similar to pixydust with the thinking of boy crushes as crushes, but trying to rationalise my female crushes as something else until I fell in love with a girl and had thoughts about kissing her, which then made me realise my true orientation.

They also are taught sexuality is a choice, so they might think everyone gets feelings towards the opposite sex sometimes, but has to just ignore it, or even that people are naturally gay but just have to force themself to like the opposite sex, or that everyone is bisexual and we just choose which sex we want to be with.

They might also blame the devil or something for these feelings, and think he is leading them into temptation and ignore it.

Rick and Laralee Seargeant at Plymouth Rock Ranch has a stay at home daughter who is over 30. They go to Dougie's church. I know she isn't the oldest, but happy that she is still single. It will be hard for her to pop out lots of children the longer she waits.

I agree with those who said that I love these older unmarried fundies. Less breeding and soon they will die out. :dance:

Isn't the oldest Dervaeses reaching 40 (or may be there already)

I read an interview with Anais Dervaes where she's recalling a moment at SOTDRT in 1979, when she was 5. So, yeah, she's getting up there. Didn't their father "ask" the three remaining children to not marry until they had moved to a rural area?

It's funny, she makes so much money on the SAHD industry (her product seems to have a lot of crossover appeal to girls across the fundie spectrum) but has expressed zero interest in getting married. No surprise since her whole business would go up in smoke. I think that had she not been warped into thinking college is evil and that she could have a career or a husband she'd probably have become a youth pastor or teacher or something.

I wonder how much the bad economy is affecting fundie matchmaking, because the expectation is that a guy has to be able to support a family before he gets married. With the emphasis that fundie guys have to start their own businesses, on top of having a terrible SODRT education it seems like a lot of guys are stalling out. I think the Ardnt guys are in that position, they are can't make enough money in the family business to support a wife and kids. Of course they all have super stockholm syndrome on top of that.

My guess is Sarah Mally's bucket of lies is extremely profitable.

Just wondering how old do you guys think the Duggar girls and John-David will be when they finally leave the nest?

I am making a guess that Jinger may be the first one to leave Proably around 25 the others maybe in there 30's

Expect for Johanna I say as soon she is old enough she say bye bye to the family lol.I don't think

John-David will ever leave neither will Jill.

This is my prediction (I think I've already said it a few times but I may as well say it again, lol): Jana will get married, probably in the next 3-4 years. Jessa and Jinger will get bored waiting for guys to come calling and pass the Jim Bob approval test, and will go off and do their own thing. I'm not saying they'll break with the family entirely, but I can't see them being content to be perpetual stay-at-home daughters, or just settling for any schmuck JB tries to push at them. Jill I can see as a Sarah Maxwell-esque SAHD. Her smugness will probably reach its zenith in the next couple years, but once she hits 25 she'll start getting nervous, and by 27 the quiet desperation will set in. Jill might very well be a 'blessing' at home, helping with the births of her nieces and nephews, for the rest of her life.

But of course this is just conjecture. For all I know Jill will suddenly announce that she's a lesbian and she's going to medical school, and Jinger will get married when she's 20 and have 16 kids.

Archived