IGNORED

Anonymous Antagonist is enrolled in CollegeMinus

formergothardite

I thought that since he wasn't actually homeschooled like most fundie he would go to a real college and be forced to mingle with people who don't think he is wonderful which would do him a world of good. But, no, he is doing College Plus. And by signing up for CP he won a free iPad!! Which he named Enoch and paid to have that name engraved on it.

Is naming electronics a thing now? I know Miss Raquel does it, but she is so silly that I just thought it was her.

http://wilsonftw.blogspot.com/

Not breaking the link because he already knows about us and it isn't like he is going to flounce or come here to dirty the rug.

I.... can't say I've ever named my electronics... My cousin, however, had a computer that had so many problems she named it Screwtape. My friend who is like a brother once had a computer with so many issues he named it Legion.

My iPod is named Sooty because of autocorrect... I meant to type, "sorry, my iPod messed up." and instead it came out, "Sooty my iPod cut us off." Then my friend asked if the iPod's name was Sooty... um, I guess.

I don't think it's normal, though. I think we're just weird, though I could be wrong.

I named all my electronics when I set them up on my computer network. They all had to have a "name" anyway so I just named them like pets. My mp3 player is named "Shipoopi", for example. My husband did not think this was cute and his mp3 player is named "mp3 player".

I name some of my electronics. :oops: My old computer was called Harry and my new one is Susan. Hahaha. I don't go so far to have them engraved, but when I got both my old and new computer, on the first start-up it asked me to name it.

None of mine are engraved, I do find that a bit overboard. I did have to "name" all the computers and sundry when I connected them to the network though. Just to be clear. I wasn't naming them randomly or something......the computer asked "and what is this one's name?" and I typed "Shipoopi".

I name mine, but the only one we refer to by name is the GPS (named Kathy because that is the name of the voice we use). None of them are engraved, though. That's a bit much. :-D

I won my iPod in a raffle at a professional conference. (I have no clue about other fields, but in mine, you get entered in raffles if you listen to the vendor spiel). So it came engraved with the name of the company who was doing the raffle. Personally, I'm not a fan of Apple, so no way would I own one except that it was free.

I'm the type of weirdo to name electronics. I'm also the type of nerd to use fandom names. My old laptop was "Chauncey" (short for "Chaunzaggaroth") from The Dresden Files, my new laptop is "Nightmare Moon" from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, my (blue) hatchback is "the TARDIS" from Doctor Who, my GPS is "GlaDOS" from Portal, and my smartphone is "Diane" from Twin Peaks.

...yeah. Nothing engraved yet, though, so there's that!

Speaking of names, I've always thought that "Anonymous Antagonist" is one of the most pompous and lame name out of all fundie bloggers.

Not surprised at all that he "attends" College Minus.

Wouldn't coveting a piece of electronics so much as to name it be vaguely evil in the fundie mind? Graven (or craven, I'm never sure which) images and all that.

On another note, aren't Ipads the result of evil science? And Steve Jobs was not a Christian, why he was even half Middle Eastern! *gasp* I think AA should be careful, there may be godless liberal cooties on that Ipad. :shifty:

I also talk to my GPS and call her sheila "Sheila will you chill the eff out?!"

I don't name all my electroncis. It seems like a fun activity for a fatuous 18 year old.

Speaking of names, I've always thought that "Anonymous Antagonist" is one of the most pompous and lame name out of all fundie bloggers.

Not surprised at all that he "attends" College Minus.

I also don't know why he chose Anonymous Antagonist. He's not anonymous, and as far as cool supervillain names go, really? This would not pass muster at Marvel or DC.

My GPS is named Daniel because that's the name the company assigned the particular voice I used. None of my other electronics are named. I don't think the naming is weird, but the engraving is a waste of money.

The naming is pretty common, I don't do it to all my devices but a couple of my laptops have been named and I have had friends who have done it to GPSs (they talk!), laptops, iPods. The engraving with the device's name is quite bizarre. Engraving with your own is normal.

My laptop (of beloved memory) was called Jezebel, but only because I had to name it on the network. My work computer is generally "You bastard"....

I tend to name everything. It came from my father always naming his cars. I began naming appliances to annoy an awful roommate, and the practice just stuck. So, the car has a name, the ipod has a name, the laptop has a name. Even the anatomically correct medical skeleton in the living room has a name. But going so far as to engrave the item, that's just absurd. The name of this blog and the dreck this kid is posting makes me want to punch him in the throat.

I guess he hopes it will never die:

Enoch (Hebrew: חֲנוֹךְ, Modern H̱anokh Tiberian Ḥănōḵ; Arabic: إدريس‎ ʼIdrīs) is a character that appears in the Book of Genesis and a figure in the Generations of Adam. Enoch is described as the greatx4 grandson of Adam (through Seth) (Genesis 5:3-18), the son of Jared, the father of Methuselah, and the great-grandfather of Noah. The text reads—uniquely in the Generations—that Enoch "walked with God: and he was not; for God took him", (Genesis 5:22-29) suggesting he did not experience the mortal death ascribed to Adam's other descendants.

The naming is pretty common, I don't do it to all my devices but a couple of my laptops have been named and I have had friends who have done it to GPSs (they talk!), laptops, iPods. The engraving with the device's name is quite bizarre. Engraving with your own is normal.

Yeah, my father called his GPS "Ginger", because there's an old saying that redheads are deceitful, and his GPS lies quite a lot. Most GPSs I "met" had a pet name - I guess it makes it easier to talk back once you make it personal.

I'm the type of weirdo to name electronics. I'm also the type of nerd to use fandom names. My old laptop was "Chauncey" (short for "Chaunzaggaroth") from The Dresden Files, my new laptop is "Nightmare Moon" from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, my (blue) hatchback is "the TARDIS" from Doctor Who, my GPS is "GlaDOS" from Portal, and my smartphone is

...yeah. Nothing engraved yet, though, so there's that!

Good one. I love that show.

My work computer is "You Sorry Piece of Junk!"

Otherwise, I don't name electronics. I have a hard enough time coming up with names for my cats.

Archived