IGNORED

Anonymous Antagonist is enrolled in CollegeMinus

formergothardite

Well, we traditionally name electronics for our network. I've had computers named Charles, Leonard, my husband named one Julia, don't know what the name of his current computer is. He also calls his GPS Maggie, but that's because it's a Magellan. My children have named their computers, but then again, that was always for the home network. Had a boss once who laughed at me for naming my computer. He said you're supposed to give them names such as 'laptop1'. I told him that would be dull and boring. Never had one engraved. If I did, I'd engrave it with id information, not a name.

I wound up naming my phone because iTunes prompted me to. It's called "Gil's Life" because, seriously, everything I ever do, ever, is accessible from my phone.

My girlfriend wanted me to name my laptop Snuffalupagus. I'm not really sure why.

My old ipod was named POS because, for a period of time, it kept randomly deleting all my music and forcing a factory reset. Every time I had to re-register the thing and load the contents of my itunes on it FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, there was only one thing I could think to call it :x

I name all of my electronics because they ask me to name them. :)

All of them (aside from my iPhone) are named after Harry Potter characters. My phone is named 'my cock in your mum's arse'. Why? Because when I connect it to iTunes it says 'Syncing my cock in your mum's arse'. :D

All of them (aside from my iPhone) are named after Harry Potter characters. My phone is named 'my cock in your mum's arse'. Why? Because when I connect it to iTunes it says 'Syncing my cock in your mum's arse'. :D

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

My vibrator is called Bob. Does that count?

I name certain items. My home computer and any external harddrives are named after Greek & Roman goddesses. My car has a name, and yes, the GPS has a name, too (Gypsy, since it takes us wandering). But nothing's engraved. My husband has an engraving on his ipod because it was free when he ordered it, but it's one of his favorite quotes, not a name for the ipod.

I name everything that hooks up to the network. We name them all after Mystery Science Theater characters. 8-)

I guess we're boring, all the gadgets on the network are mere descriptors, i.e., "Shadowy's iPhone" or "MrShadowy's iPod," etc. But I do love a good, clever network name! Ours is a bit too much of an in-joke to explain, but does anyone else love to discover a funny network name when trying to find a wi-fi network? It always tickles me... I believe there was a website that listed funny wi-fi names, but I am to tired and lazy at the moment to google it. And agreed with everyone else that security info is legit to have engraved, but not the "name" of the device itself, that does seem a bit too weird.

I can't remember if I've ever specifically named an electronic. I call my iPod my iFun, and there's Renard the Foxy Corolla, but that's about it.

My computer nerd husband puts a lot of thought into naming his electronics--it's part of the excitement of getting a new thing. It's usually a name that suggests that the thing is carrying a lot of information and also usually in a different language, like, "Libro" or something.

The name "Anonymous Antagonist" sounds like you're trying to be a troll.

Well, I had to name all the computers and peripherals on our wireless network, but I don't actually call them by those names.

I do, however, refer to the Google Navigation voice as "Mildred."

My home network is named for my two dog-daughters, Lola + Dolly = Lolly. The only other thing I name is my car: Molly the Miata. My former Miata was Mia and she became known as such to all my friends: "Where's Mia?" "She's sick & in the shop." Then I'd get get well e-cards from two of my more insane friends.

All my electronics are "Fire's iPod" and "Fire's Kindle" etc etc, but my car is Sam the Honda Accord. Before him, I had William Wallace aka the Shaggin' Wagon aka the Green Machine.

He...engraved...it...?

I understand naming things. I'm a musician and musical instruments need names. Every Stradivarius Violin has a name. I've named my Violas just in case they end up that famous one day. (Haha) Besides, I have a very close relationship with my instruments. I am far more attached to my instruments than I have ever been to a pet and nobody sees anything wrong with naming a pet.

Engraving a possession with your own name for security = Yes

Naming an inanimate object = Yes

Engraving an inanimate object with your geeky name = I don't think so

Archived