IGNORED

WTF Arizona?? Unbelievable

0 kids n not countin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there's a good way to ensure most young women in Arizona get themselves sterilized: Take practically all the rights away from those of child-bearing age who may be pregnant because that condition now occurs two weeks before conception. I'd laugh if it weren't so terrible.

Somehow, I think a court somewhere is going to have a problem with this. If not, then anyone with half a brain should consider changing states. From what I know of Arizona law, however, a lot of people should have been planning that well before now.

Republicans are falling over themselves to pass the most restrictive abortion bill. There is no thought or consideration going into these bills...it's only to gain GOP brownie points.

Arizona is a really scary place.

My god, what idiots. Of course, that makes EVERY woman pregnant ALL THE TIME, even if she hasn't had sex in months or years. Their warped logic of "who knows when she might conceive, whether planned, accidental, or be raped in the next two weeks" is twisted beyond belief.

These fuckwits need to be stopped.

So basically if you have a womb and working ovaries, you have an active sex life, you are always pregnant until your period arrives?

WTF?

So I am pregnant before even expelling the egg that may or may not become a pregnancy. Ladies, this means we are always legally pregnant between menarche and menopause. Always. It could be used as an impetus to make the pill, IUD and other birth control illegal. Next we will hear about how condoms are bad because the egg/pregnancy has a right to be fertilized.

This is just nonsensical bullshit.

It's Schrodinger's Pregnancy- All women of reproductive age exist in a pregnant limbo until otherwise proven not pregnant.

So.... 2 weeks after giving birth... by AZ law... I'm pregnant? :o That's..... insane (and biologically impossible if you all grok what I mean)

So.... 2 weeks after giving birth... by AZ law... I'm pregnant? :o That's..... insane (and biologically impossible if you all grok what I mean)

Heck, you could be considered pregnant the day after you give birth because you could theoretically ovulate at any time. I know quite a few women who had full-term babies 10 months apart.

Also required is abortion counseling for women aiming to abort pregnancies due to fetal abnormalities, and if the abnormality is certain to be fatal, the counseling incorporates perinatal hospice information before ending the pregnancy.

They are trying to make women carry a fetus to term, even when certain the fetus won't survive.

The bill was sponsored by extremist Arizona State Rep. Kimberly Yee, (image, right) who last month penned an op-ed titled, “No drug test, no welfare.â€

A real brain trust, this one. In addition to the perpetual pregnancy bill, she's still advocating drug testing for "welfare", despite the fact that it's been tried and failed. It cost the state of FL over $45K more than it saved because, despite republican rhetoric, most people who apply for welfare benefits aren't actually drug addicts. Who would've thought? :doh:

A real brain trust, this one. In addition to the perpetual pregnancy bill, she's still advocating drug testing for "welfare", despite the fact that it's been tried and failed. It cost the state of FL over $45K more than it saved because, despite republican rhetoric, most people who apply for welfare benefits aren't actually drug addicts. Who would've thought? :doh:

Facts? Pfft. Facts are just those pesky things that exist only to oppress Republicans.

I don't think this means that all non-menstruating women are legally pregnant, but rather that if you conceived 10 weeks ago, you are actually 12 weeks pregnant (which is how OBs count pregnancy weeks too).

Heck, you could be considered pregnant the day after you give birth because you could theoretically ovulate at any time. I know quite a few women who had full-term babies 10 months apart.

Awesome, i'm going to go send my headship on an ice cream run on that pretense. However the look i get when I say "by AZ law, technically, i'm pregnant" is gonna be hilarious. (Not to share too much TMI, but I tore pretty bad and uh, yeah, poor man hasn't had lovin in a few weeks)

Awesome, i'm going to go send my headship on an ice cream run on that pretense. However the look i get when I say "by AZ law, technically, i'm pregnant" is gonna be hilarious. (Not to share too much TMI, but I tore pretty bad and uh, yeah, poor man hasn't had lovin in a few weeks)

Poor man isn't supposed to get lovin' for 6 weeks ish even if you didn't tear!

Poor man isn't supposed to get lovin' for 6 weeks ish even if you didn't tear!

And yet by AZ law! i'm LYING totally or better yet! its an immaculate conception!!

And yet by AZ law! i'm LYING totally or better yet! its an immaculate conception!!

Well. Look on the bright side. In AZ you can legally hog the "For expectant mother" parking spots at Babies-R-Us.

Republicans are falling over themselves to pass the most restrictive abortion bill. There is no thought or consideration going into these bills...it's only to gain GOP brownie points.

Arizona is a really scary place.

QFT. It's a pissing contest--"Arizona went further than I did! I must try again!" {{next idea: all women are actually pregnant until proven otherwise}}

I hope that pro-choicers move out of Arizona and feminists too. There should be no persuading Arizona commercials, people on facebook, lj, redit, and tumblr should persuade people not to move to and or vacation in Arizona. Then when the sate wonders why their economy is so down, maybe they'll use their brains and overturn the laws.

QFT. It's a pissing contest--"Arizona went further than I did! I must try again!" {{next idea: all women are actually pregnant until proven otherwise}}

Google "pre-pregnant." The idea is already creeping in. :evil:

Archived