IGNORED

WTF Arizona?? Unbelievable

0 kids n not countin

Laws like this one are exactly why my family moved out of Arizona. There is a columnist named Laurie Roberts who writes for the Arizona Rebublic who is trying to start a campaign to "Dekook the Capital" there, but I'm afraid that is going to be a very hard job. The entire Legislature is nuts! If you really want your head to explode, google Scott Bundgaard (another Arizona Legislative gem.)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Laws like this one are exactly why my family moved out of Arizona. There is a columnist named Laurie Roberts who writes for the Arizona Rebublic who is trying to start a campaign to "Dekook the Capital" there, but I'm afraid that is going to be a very hard job. The entire Legislature is nuts! If you really want your head to explode, google Scott Bundgaard (another Arizona Legislative gem.)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You're family sounds awesome. Hopefully, the Arizona government will realize that anti-women and racist laws will drive people away from Arizona. Then they'll overturn the laws.

As much as I love the states, this election season and the currant political climate is seriously making me want to talk to Sunnidude about moving to his country. It really is. I don't speak his language, I've never lived outside of the USA, I'd miss my family like crazy, but dispite all that, sometimes leaving still seems like a better choice than staying.

I honestly think that the repubes have to corrupt our economy so bad ala Handmaid's Tale, and then overturn it to realize the shit they've done. It's sad and I hope that it doesn't to come to that. :cry:

Google "pre-pregnant." The idea is already creeping in. :evil:

What's sad is that yet again, the religious right corrupted a term that was well-intended (preventative steps to take in terms of diet and exercise if a woman is planning a family), and twisted it into something ugly and, frankly, batshit crazy.

BTW, Congrats on your pregnancies everyone (save those who can produce a used tampon or are post-menopausal). Huge FJ baby shower next April or thereabouts for all the expectant mothers, because even if you're not physicaclly carrying a baby then, you're still pregnant, or COULD be in two weeks! :doh:

Google "pre-pregnant." The idea is already creeping in. :evil:

Oh that's nice. and by nice i mean terrifying...

What's sad is that yet again, the religious right corrupted a term that was well-intended (preventative steps to take in terms of diet and exercise if a woman is planning a family), and twisted it into something ugly and, frankly, batshit crazy.

BTW, Congrats on your pregnancies everyone (save those who can produce a used tampon or are post-menopausal). Huge FJ baby shower next April or thereabouts for all the expectant mothers, because even if you're not physicaclly carrying a baby then, you're still pregnant, or COULD be in two weeks! :doh:

The ruling was enacted in the Bush years so I don't think it's all that well-meaning.

Even if it was, why do you need "you might accidentally get pregnant" to motivate women to stay healthy? Why not, "Stay healthy for YOU?"

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You're family sounds awesome. Hopefully, the Arizona government will realize that anti-women and racist laws will drive people away from Arizona. Then they'll overturn the laws.

Thanks!

The sad thing is, no matter what makes the paper, the actual situation in the Legislature is one thousand times worse than the public sees (I used to work in government there.) At least all of the women have a three month reprieve until everyone is pregnant (bills don't become law in AZ until 90 days after being signed into law by the governor.)

It's a wibbly wobbly timie wimy thing. We wouldn't understand.

Oh, I'm sure there's a ton of shit written into the legislation that led to the slippery slope that brought us to where we are today. I can't remember if Pubs had all 3 branches of govt in '06 or if the Dems still had the Senate, so that would definitely affect what snuck into it. For instance, I read one bit about how some were already condemning women who drank or used recreational drugs because they were harming a "potential" pregnancy.

TBH, I agree that a doctor should be an advocate for the patient at the time of an appointment, not for any "potential" progeny of the patient, UNLESS the patient asks for advice on how to take better care of themselves. Unless the doctor observes a condition or behavior (mentally ill, drugs, that sort of thing) that requires immediate intervention/hospitalization, a patient is responsible for how she takes care of herself, whether or not she is planning to have kids in the future.

It's a wibbly wobbly timie wimy thing. We wouldn't understand.

We've been watching Dr Who pretty much constantly since my husband has been on paternity leave... would that make my unborn child a time lord?

Control, misogyny, hate, god...

Womb envy. They want to reproduce men to have the old- white- men- in- power- patriarchal system keep going, but they can't without women. Thus they have to control women's bodies by force-birthing them; even if the women don't want to carry fetuses 'till term. They think they have to keep women in their place in order to give birth to baby boys, because if they have rights to abortion, then they might want to murder the babies once they find out they're boys. Republican logic: It makes no sense.

Question? If I go to the Four Corners and skip between Colorado and Arizona 5 times when I'm in that "mystical AZ pregnant time;" does that mean I've had 5 abortions and 5 immaculate conceptions in 5 minutes?

We've been watching Dr Who pretty much constantly since my husband has been on paternity leave... would that make my unborn child a time lord?

Only if you give birth two weeks before you are pregnant.

OMG, now we know where TimeLords come from!!!!!

So since the Dept of Health is required to post signs warning about abotion coercion, can they be required to warn about adoption coercion as well, cause it's FAR more common than abortion coercion.

Idiots!

The only possibly good thing out of this, as far as I can see, is that I got to send an email to my bf with the subject line "I'm pregnant!" Which makes me quite amused because I'm something of a benign prankster. And will suit his sense of humor just fine.

(and of course I clarified in the body of the text that I meant under arizona law)

I live in Arizona. And every month that passes and I don't have a period, I thank my lucky stars menopause really does appear to be upon me.

Question? If I go to the Four Corners and skip between Colorado and Arizona 5 times when I'm in that "mystical AZ pregnant time;" does that mean I've had 5 abortions and 5 immaculate conceptions in 5 minutes?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only if it's daylight savings. Then you can change time zones too.*

*I have no idea if this is true or not, but it makes about as much sense as anything else in AZ.

Only if it's daylight savings. Then you can change time zones too.*

*I have no idea if this is true or not, but it makes about as much sense as anything else in AZ.

AZ doesn't observe Daylight Savings, so they're on Pacific Time for part of the year. So yeah, you'd be changing time zones as well as pregnancy states! Talk about a time fuck!

AZ doesn't observe Daylight Savings, so they're on Pacific Time for part of the year. So yeah, you'd be changing time zones as well as pregnancy states! Talk about a time fuck!

Yeah, it's a time fuck when your work officially runs on Pacific Time and you live in Arizona.

I love how prolife propaganda typically uses images of fetuses labeled with their embryonic age, while gestational age is the norm for dating pregnancy (in the US anyway), but they'll take advantage of gestational dating for ridiculous legislation.

I live in Arizona. And every month that passes and I don't have a period, I thank my lucky stars menopause really does appear to be upon me.

I'm only a third of the way to official menopause, so I guess that still classifies me as "pregnant." I broke the news to the husband earlier this evening. :lol:

... Is Arizona competing for The Most Special Snowflake State?

Archived