IGNORED

The ultimate weapon: shoot your opponent?

Effie

YXlorz2JLyo

Does this short little movie make sense to you? It's about how to argue with an atheist. You are not supposed to use logic and reason. You should just refer to the Bible, since it's God's word. To make the message even more "powerful" some different scenarios are filmed. When the atheist is finally defeated, he gets shot...

(Note the word enemy in the beginning. Apparently non-believers are the enemy. I'm not sure how I am a threat against these people... I guess because I use logic and reason? Still I'm not sure how I am an enemy...)

The female actor's blog post about the movie: sophiassiege.blogspot.se/2012/07/the-ultimate-weapon-movienow-available.html

Of course she supports Chick-Fil-Asshole: sophiassiege.blogspot.se/2012/08/we-support-chick-fil-a.html

(Btw. It seems like Chick-Fil-A. supports FRC, which has tried to stop the US Congress from condemning Uganda’s “Kill the Gays†policy that would execute all gay people. Source: http://www.campuspride.org/chickfila.asp).

it's a parody.

...right?

Unfortunately not. It's a Christian family called Smithe which has produced it. Two Smithe children are starring in it.

This is taken from Sophia's blog: "We as Christians are engaged in combat. Our mission: To lay siege against the wiles of the flesh and the devil and to uphold the glorious Kingdom of Christ."

Guest Anonymous

OK, I made it past the swirling swastika and the picture of Darwin. I saw the girl counting money in her stopped car and the rebel without a clue. I can't watch any more. This is just so stupid.

OK, I made it passed the swirling swastika and the picture of Darwin. I saw the girl counting money in her stopped car and the rebel without a clue. I can't watch any more. This is just so stupid.

Aw, but that's where it gets good!

Guest Anonymous

Hooray! On my fourth attempt, I got to the end of the video! Two things occurred to me:

1) Whoever made this video is clearly a crazy person.

2) That young man must be incredibly hot in that leather jacket.

That was appalling. The analogy of knives vs guns just doesn't make any sense.

I can't believe the fundy line that using human intellect and reasoning is a bad thing. Human intellect and reason created our modern society. We'd still be living in the Stone Age otherwise... Noone would have the technology to create really crappy movies to spread their beliefs.

Yes, atheists are the enemy. I got a chain email forwarded from my aunt yesterday. It was very weird and out of the blue because she rarely emails me, almost never forwards chain letters, and she's really never seemed very evangelical to me. Anyway, the whole email basically consisted of various paintings of Jesus, and the relevant parts said:

I'm not ashamed

He is the only one that can save this country and

they want him removed from the government.

Our great nation will not stand if we delete HIM

from all aspects of our government as the atheists

want

Jesus Test

This is an easy test, you score 100 or zero. It's your choice.

If you aren't ashamed to do this, please follow the directions.

Jesus said, 'if you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you

before my Father.'

This is the simplest test. If you Love God, and are not ashamed of all

the marvelous things he has done for you, Send this to friends & family.

I scored zero. I suppose I am due a trip to the prayer closet. And if I had doubts before, I am now sure that I will never tell my family I'm an atheist.

That may have been one of the weakest "how to argue with an atheist" pieces of crap I've ever seen (and that's saying a lot -- the competition is pretty stiff!).

I wonder what caliber her Bible is?

So, by not believing in certain parts of the Bible I am committing a violent act? I am robbing someone at knifepoint? What exactly does a Christian lose by having Jews in their communities?

Okay, the basic issue with this analogy is that one *can* prove that a gun works. One cannot prove that any religious document is true.

Here's the description from YouTube:

Imagine you are attacked by a robber, and asked at gunpoint to hand over your money. Thankfully, you are carrying a loaded pistol on your person. However, your opponent does not believe that guns work. What do you do?

Why are you being held at gunpoint if your opponent doesn't believe that guns work?

Not too shockingly, comments have been disabled.

Here's the description from YouTube:

Aha! The subconscious of the Smithe who wrote the description has accidentally written the truth!

Converting an atheist using the Bible won't work, since the atheist can also use the Bible, pointing out all of the contradictions and ugliness in it!

:D

You know, to really carry forth the analogy, if you don't believe the bible is anything more than a book, the words will just bounce off, as would the bullets. And then, given that they aren't armed with logic and reason and facts, aka knives, they'd be hosed.

But most "fundies" would stand there ignoring the blood after you stabbed them a few times, crying loudly that they had just shot you through the heart and you should fall down dead already so eventually it gets boring and you go back to your beer....

So.... After the long discussion of how a "good" Christian would just shoot the person with the gun to prove that it works, there was definitely a moment when I thought that was going to end with the narrator saying "if you run into someone who doesn't believe in the bible, hit them with it". :lol:

Their "ministry" website is rather strange. They use a black on black photo, so it looks like their heads are floating. All the boys have names that start with "J" but the girls get their own initials. And, oh, look, they have a blog! smithefamily.blogspot.com/ Looks like they're pretty standard fundies by FJ standards. Stay-at-home daughters, skirts only for girls, homeschooling, a kid into photography (though, for a chance of pace, it's one of the boys), fans of VF, complete with playing pseudo-historical dress-up.

Archived