IGNORED

Who are the Fundie Royalty?

Maggie Mae

Eep, then this would include my fundie sister and she is in no way fundie royalty. They make a very good living selling homeschool supplies,but they do not know the Maxwells(I asked) and I don;t think they know Doug and the gang. (I can't ask about everyone or she may find out my secret hobby) The do travel to shows all over and my sister does sometimes speak and do workshops, but they only hang out with people from their church.

That makes you next of kin royalty :D you're like the likely successor or something :lol:

That makes you next of kin royalty you're like the likely successor or something

You would be the "Pippa" of the Royal Family! :dance:

That makes you next of kin royalty :D you're like the likely successor or something :lol:

''

LOL, I have considered starting a secular homeschool company,but I don't see Doug and the Botkins's inviting me to speak at any shows. :dance:

Maybe in addition to making a living out of fundy, they also need to be known across all fundy circles to be considered royal. Gothard's followers may or may not like Dougie Phillips but they all know who he is, therefore Dougie is royal.

I think it would have to be someone who sets or influences policy/beliefs/theology (not sure what to call that legalistic claptrap). Though, that might make them Fundie Parliament instead of royalty.

The Phillips family are top of the tree. Sitting there along side them are the Botkins.

The Duggars and the Bateses aren't officially royalty; had it not been for TLC, those families would be tolerated but not allowed to join the higher echelons of fundie society. The Bauchams are the 'token' black family up there in the aristocracy. Crown Prince is Old Big Ears Bradrick.

The Maxwells are the 'strange relatives' that every family have. You put with them, you are nice to them, you smile and nod when they are with you, but you don't consider them to be truly part of things because they are a bit weird. I'd say the Jeubs could be there too.

The 'middle classes' are Kelly over at Generation Cedar, Inashoe, Meredith's family etc.

The 'working class' fundies are the one who keeps Dougie et al in his flights of fancy to far corners. They aren't well known so much in the blogging world but we know of some of them. They're the ones with huge families trying to put in a façade of financial stability when in reality they are one health crisis away from bankruptcy.

Then we get to the really weird ones; The Pearls. Everybody supports their views, but no way in hell would any of the classes allow one of their kids to marry into that family.

Archived