IGNORED

Pat Robertson: Be Careful About Adopting Children...

Glass Cowcatcher

Back in my "watching it for the lulz" days, I happened to catch an episode in which one of his sons was talking about forced sterilization in China. He said, with no sense of irony whatsoever, "I don't want the government to take away my reproductive choices."

I just choked on my drink.

Sometimes I come across the 700 Club while channel-surfing. I stop to see what the topic du jour is, but after thirty seconds or so I have to move on, especially if Pat's the one onscreen. That's about as much as I can take of him. Even at that, my skin starts to crawl and I squirm with second-hand embarrassment. :?

Why watch Pat be butthurt about everything under the sun when you can flip the channel and watch the marvel that is Jan Crouch?

0.jpg

Why watch Pat be butthurt about everything under the sun when you can flip the channel and watch the marvel that is Jan Crouch?

0.jpg

She is magnificent. Every time I happen to catch Jan and her giant pink hair she is crying about something wrong with the world...and I mean sob until her mascara is running.

She is magnificent. Every time I happen to catch Jan and her giant pink hair she is crying about something wrong with the world...and I mean sob until her mascara is running.

White baby dolls for Jesus! Because that is what every Haitian child who survived an earthquake really needs. "Sob, sob, snort, sob, Praise the Lord."

Pat Robertson really does sound senile in that clip. At least he finally realized that he had got himself in trouble

I used to watch 700 Club at the gym on my elliptical's personal TV screen, because in between choking back laughter the anger made me work out harder. It was always amusing watching his co host's face, you can totally tell she knows the old man has crossed over into alzheimers territory.

He's been bleating on like this for at least ten years. Time to hang it up, Pat.

Pat is like that old uncle who can't shut up at family gatherings.

Does he still have some influence over fundies? If so, it's not as much as he did in the 80s and 90s...

I'd love to find the video where he seems to legpress 500 pds. Fake all the way!

This sounds a lot like what Gothard believes, that you shouldn't adopt because children inherit the sins of their (birth) parents. They don't want adopted children contaminating their perfect white biological children, but plenty of those biological children are going to turn out "weird" anyway.

My brother and I are adopted and our super-fundie grandma barely tolerated us when we were growing up (I was a double whammy in that my birthmom came from a Jewish family :shock:). My grandma was "oh so holy and Godly," revered by most of the women in our church, and one of the nastiest people I've ever known. She was sure we were tainted with some terrible generational sin. I hated her.

Also, the guy that reads the news on the 700 Club adopted kids from another country. I can't remember his name, but I remember seeing a segment on his adopted children.

When I saw this it didn't surprise me at all -- isn't this the typical fundie view of adoption? (Is it a typical LDS view, as well? For some reason that comes to mind....) Sometimes fundies seem to adopt kids but have a chip on their shoulder about taking one for the team. No wonder they don't like to believe in "legitimate rape" babies...

Oh and we need more Jan Crouch around here. I loves me some Jan.

I used to watch 700 Club at the gym on my elliptical's personal TV screen, because in between choking back laughter the anger made me work out harder. It was always amusing watching his co host's face, you can totally tell she knows the old man has crossed over into alzheimers territory.

He's been bleating on like this for at least ten years. Time to hang it up, Pat.

Hey me too!

Well, the fundies at my gym keep turning on the 700 club and hiding the remote control. So I have to work out while looking at his creepy goblin face. Ick...

Archived