IGNORED

Kieth Urban Sings A Song Dougie Would Love

Visionoyahweh

I just heard this Kieth Urban song in the car, about taking a bullet for the ones you love. Maybe I'm in snark overdrive, but for some reason the whole thing just seemed over the top to me, like fundies that proudly proclaim they'd die on the Titanic for their wives, but won't dare scrub a toilet for her. Lots of tough talk from a guy who's never served in the military, as a cop, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZrjXsQ_KUM

On the plus side he married a divorced woman and had a baby via a surrogate, so I guess he's not all bad.

Country music has always been over the top but it seems lately the country genre is getting more and more generic: soft popish romance songs with an occasional Amurica is the danged best ye haw song.These songs used to have stronger messages, even political ones or ballad song that told a story

rant done :)

If push came to shove I doubt whether any of these people could actually handle pressure situations. I imagine them all pissing themselves and throwing all this Women and Children First bullshit to the wind. Luv the song, btw

I've always had a soft spot for cute Keith Urban, and I know it's just a song, but still...the best thing he could do for Nicole is to

stay sober and be faithful. And then generally be the opposite of weird Tom Cruise.

I've always had a soft spot for cute Keith Urban, and I know it's just a song, but still...the best thing he could do for Nicole is to

stay sober and be faithful. And then generally be the opposite of weird Tom Cruise.

2nd!

Country music has always been over the top but it seems lately the country genre is getting more and more generic: soft popish romance songs with an occasional Amurica is the danged best ye haw song.These songs used to have stronger messages, even political ones or ballad song that told a story

Or talk about womanizing...

I've always laughed when people start with the whole "50 year ago you weren't hearing about sleeping around in music" just because one of my dad's favourite singers was Faron Young.

Correct me if I'm wrong but i thought Keith Urban sung this song for the Act of Valor soundtrack? It's a movie about the sacrifice of U.S. Navy S.E.A.L.S. so I guess it would be fitting as one of the main characters dies saving his fellow soldiers and has a child on the way with his wife.

Does he sing about how America is the best? That would be weird considering he is Australian...

My point is,30 or 40 years ago you would have heard a much wider variety of country music subjects-from womanizing to getting on the pill-from both men and women and they tended to sing about gritty subjects from life experience.

If We Make Through December by Merle Haggard

Now it seems all teenage ''pick out a white dress'' fantasy.

My point is,30 or 40 years ago you would have heard a much wider variety of country music subjects-from womanizing to getting on the pill-from both men and women and they tended to sing about gritty subjects from life experience.

Amen!

Loretta Lynn took a ton of heat for her song about The Pill. It would probably never get played today.

Remember all the guff the Dixie Chicks took for their anti-war stance?

Amen!

Loretta Lynn took a ton of heat for her song about The Pill. It would probably never get played today.

Remember all the guff the Dixie Chicks took for their anti-war stance?

I know!!! One comment, one spontaneous comment in concert and people just went crazy. Following them with guns, threatening their children. Ugh. Those "country music fans" turned me off the whole country music genre forever.

And red Solo cups! :obscene-drinkingcheers:

When I was a child, I absolutely hated that song. It made me so sad, I'd beg my dad to turn it off when it came on the radio.

I just couldn't stand it. I realize as an adult that it's an awesome song, and it captures a lot of the desperation that struggling people are going through. It's also got a strong strand of optimism as well. It's not sad, well maybe a little, but it is as you said Tabitha 2, gritty. Sorry to go off-topic.

Talk about messages "Take This Job and Shove It"

Wasnt "Don't Come Home Drinking with Loving on Your Mind" another controversial Loretta Lynn? I know another was "D-I-V-O-R-C-E by Tammy Wynette and George Jones.

Archived