IGNORED

Frumperlicious

dormouse

I don't know if anyone has seen this before, but I Googled "denim jumper" just because... and I found this:

http://www.shakayescreationsDOTcom/Deni ... s_Etsy.htm

They don't look fundie, in fact I haven't seen religion mentioned, and daughter got married on a beach in a strapless dress, but the design of the frumpers is snark-worthy and I could really see some of our favorite fundies wearing them... like the one with a teddy bear for a 22-year-old SAHD still referring to her "daddy"

I know most of her designs are meant for children, but she mentions they are available in adult sizes too, and models one herself. The adult sweaters and sweater-vests are also something else.

I have to say, I dig the triceratops applique. (If you look on the sweatshirt page, there's also a brontosaurus and a stegosaurus.) The randomness of a floral triceratops on a frumper appeals to me.

Jumpers aren't so terrible on little girls (in fact I kind of miss wearing mine, but it was the 90s and they're probably out of fashion for very young girls now...) but on older girls and women it's just... it's a very immature appearance, I guess, since jumpers aren't really made for curves and just make the wearer look, well, frumpy.

HIDEOUS!!!!! APPLIQUES are for CHILDREN. The jumper is bad enough,but putting a character on it a 2 year old should be wearing and wearing it as an adult woman is a SIN. God will punish you for that, I am sure of it!

Esty is full of ridiculous things. My guess is that this woman just enjoys doing appliques so she'll sell them to anyone who will take them.

And unfortunately, it's not just fundies who like hideous clothes. Have you ever seen Quaker Factory on QVC? Sometimes I watch it just for the laughs.

I feel I must make a confession. I wear frumpers all the time when I am on call. The frumpers are denim - they are baggy so I can wear a heavy sweater underneath (hospital A/C is turned down to close to absolute zero I think), they have big pockets for me to put pens (lose about 2/night) and snacks (lots of sugar needed to keep going at 3 am), they are nearly indestructible (have spilled entire cups of coffee or barium on them with no staining) they are comfortable (allow for fully relaxed abdominal muscles) and they are long enough that no bits are exposed should I have to bend/squat/lift during call. I could wear greens but those were designed only for the the tall and skinny - on me they look worse than a frumper. Still I do work outside the home, wear pants, and tend to the loud and mouthy so I have not yet gone to the dark side. Well I feel better for my confession.

edited to add: none of my frumpers has any slogans/teddy bears/ hearts/flowers/hello kitty-ish decorations/holiday theme pictures

In this heat, why bother with layering? Here it's all in one handy piece:

www.etsy.com/listing/76522967/unique-cl ... t=handmade

confession time - When I was still in the fundie fold, I owned a few frumpers of my own. I still remember making one out of blue and white cotton calico in high school. I even wore it to graduation - oh, the shame! :oops: And then there was the ankle length burgundy corduroy frumper. It was totally baggy and unflattering, but very warm. No denim frumpers, though. Even when I was a fundie kid, I drew the line at some things!

Esty is full of ridiculous things. My guess is that this woman just enjoys doing appliques so she'll sell them to anyone who will take them.

And unfortunately, it's not just fundies who like hideous clothes. Have you ever seen Quaker Factory on QVC? Sometimes I watch it just for the laughs.

OMG, I know someone who LOVES that Quaker Factory stuff! She looks 15 year older than she is when she wears it, but she thinks its the bomb so who am I to say?

OMG, I know someone who LOVES that Quaker Factory stuff! She looks 15 year older than she is when she wears it, but she thinks its the bomb so who am I to say?

Quacker Factory shows on QVC won't be such a hoot anymore. Jeanne Bice passed away on June 10 from complications of uterine cancer.

www.shakayescreations.com/Denim Jumpers_Etsy.htm

Thanks for the link help!

I think the jumpers are cute for the 1 and under crowd, maybe for a girly girl 2 year old but that might be pushing it.

Now off to look at other links provided. BBs

HIDEOUS!!!!! APPLIQUES are for CHILDREN. The jumper is bad enough,but putting a character on it a 2 year old should be wearing and wearing it as an adult woman is a SIN. God will punish you for that, I am sure of it!

Agreed. Anyone who wore them post 90s or post girlhood deserves to haunted by the ghost of Alexander McQueen.

In this heat, why bother with layering? Here it's all in one handy piece:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76522967/un ... t=handmade

confession time - When I was still in the fundie fold, I owned a few frumpers of my own. I still remember making one out of blue and white cotton calico in high school. I even wore it to graduation - oh, the shame! :oops: And then there was the ankle length burgundy corduroy frumper. It was totally baggy and unflattering, but very warm. No denim frumpers, though. Even when I was a fundie kid, I drew the line at some things!

The dress displayed looks like something I made in high school sewing class. These gals give up education and career to turn out his dreck? What a waste!

I think some appliques for adults can be cute if they're on a fitted T. When I was at an iron cupcake challenge two of the contestants made their own cupcake appliqued fitted t-shirts. They really looked cute and age-appropriate.

But on a jumper, no, just no. I think I'd look like a box in a jumper.

However, jumpers can be cute on a little girl.

Archived