IGNORED

Grease that changed the world?

Black Aliss

On Doug's blog today there's a video of him in a restaurant, with someone I don't recognize doing something with his right arm that seems to be giving Doug an insane amount of pleasure. The post heading reads "The Grease that Changed the World - Fish and Chips in the Scottish Highlands". I can't bring myself to watch the video but I assume he's referring to Astroglide.

You didn't miss anything... it basically just talked about how bad fish and chips are for you, and how good they taste, and who created them.... kinda pointless. :-P

Guest Anonymous

A Christian perspective on fish and chips. :shock:

We eat them all the time, apparently.

So I guess the bacon and brie pasta I had for dinner was just an illusion.

I confess to having wasted 4:12 minutes of my life on that attempt at ... Humor? People think these guys are deep? Funny? They REALLY need to watch a little TV!!!

In Wales, I remember there were fish and chips trucks, from which you could buy fish and chips. What I wouldn't give for one of those in my neighborhood here in the States. Yum....

I didn't know it had anything to do with Christianity. It's a good thing I have Dougie to edumacate me.

Oh he isn't here in the UK is he?

Please say he isn't? Come on America, take him back! We don't want him and his anacondas!

Please say he isn't? Come on America, take him back! We don't want him and his anacondas!

We don't particularly want him, either, Sola, but you know he's so proud of being an Amurican, he'll never stay in Britain. :roll:

You didn't miss anything... it basically just talked about how bad fish and chips are for you, and how good they taste, and who created them.... kinda pointless. :-P

As in God? or some cook....

In Wales, I remember there were fish and chips trucks, from which you could buy fish and chips. What I wouldn't give for one of those in my neighborhood here in the States. Yum....

I didn't know it had anything to do with Christianity. It's a good thing I have Dougie to edumacate me.

I would so buy fish and chips from a fish and chips truck because A) I've never had authentic fish and chips, and B) I have mini obsession with street food/food from a truck.

Has anyone ever had an ice cream from the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck in NYC? It looks yummy!

Hey, you are the ones who keep refusing to let americans in for "questionable morals"... someone was asleep at the switch this time! :doh:

I thought the title might be a reference to biofuel.

Now that I know it's related to Doug and his never-ending search for pleasure, I am disappointed.

I assume he's referring to Astroglide.

:lol:

Or KY. :obscene-sexualkyjelly:

Yes, we have a KY smiley!

Fish and chips, eh? I thought Doug preferred meat and two veg.

:eusa-whistle:

He's in Scotland? Dip him in batter,deep fry him and then dangle him in Loch Ness and see if the monster takes the bait.

Guest Anonymous
bacon AND brie? that is DEFINITELY what God would eat.

I know! :P I added peas and sweetcorn to make it more healthy but I have brie left and will make it just with bacon next time, for a little unhealthy deliciousness!

I'm intrigued by 'fish and chips truck'? Do you mean like mobile fast food vans? I am in Wales but it is mostly burger vans that I see, at football stadiums and pop concerts and stuff. I would possibly eat fish and chips if a truck pulled up near my house though!

We don't particularly want him, either, Sola, but you know he's so proud of being an Amurican, he'll never stay in Britain. :roll:

Thank heavens for small mercies!

Edit: because apparently I cannot spell a simple 5 word sentence.

Dougie's co-star, who keeps mentioning that people don't like the French, is none other than (would-be) Dr. William Potter, ABD, late of William & Mary. Apparently, the Marxists haven't prevented Bill from eating fish and chips in the UK.

Maybe it was camera-induced awkwardness, but Potter was not funny & his whole demeanor was really off. No wonder he got bounced out of grad school -- between his bizarro approach to US history & that kind of behavior, he must have had a lot of complaints if he was a grad assistant.

Oh for crying out loud -- a few bars of baroque music and the caption "A Christian Perspective on the Gastronomy of Europe," and Dougie becomes one of the culinary lights of the world?? The only grease here is the stuff he's using to massage his own...ego.

I love some street food (although I am allergic to seafood, so no fish and chips for me). I had no idea it was a religious issue. Doug never fails to edify and entertain. :roll:[attachment=0]fish_izumidai_chips.jpg[/attachment]

C'mon people, anyone can clearly see the link between fish and chips and Christianity. Didn't Jesus feed the masses with five loaves and two FISH? Works for other foods as well. Didn't Jesus turn the water into wine...wait, forget that one :!:

Thank god it was fish and chips! I thought the grease would be the pomade Doug uses in his hair!

Guest Anonymous
He's in Scotland? Dip him in batter,deep fry him and then dangle him in Loch Ness and see if the monster takes the bait.

Careful, you're flirting with cruelty to animals.

C'mon people, anyone can clearly see the link between fish and chips and Christianity. Didn't Jesus feed the masses with five loaves and two FISH? Works for other foods as well. Didn't Jesus turn the water into wine...wait, forget that one :!:

And didn't Jesus tell Peter "Follow me and I will make you a grower of human potatoes" -- no, wait.

And clearly you have all forgotten this classic joke, showing a clear relationship between religion and the treat in question:

A monastery in the English countryside has fallen on hard times, and the monks decide to open a fish-and-chips restaurant. The establishment soon became very popular, attracting people from all over.

One city fellow, thinking himself clever, asked one of the brothers standing nearby, "I suppose you're the fish friar?"

"No," answered the brother, straight-faced. "I'm the chip monk."

Archived