IGNORED

Krik Cameron Reminds Everyone He Still Hates Gays

Visionoyahweh

Guest Anonymous

Confession time: I love Kirk Cameron. I have a nostalgic spot for him, like an old, well-earned bruise. There is a Kirk Cameron TV movie on my Sky+ planner that will never be deleted because I love him too much. It is such a shame, therefore, that he is such an insufferable douchebag. There is a special kind of sagging in my shoulders for exactly what a disappointment he is. Sigh.

I wanted to post this so badly today, but I don't have enough posts yet. Okay, so am I the only one who is noticing that aside from the typical Kirk-speak we have all come to expect, he's looking kind of disheveled and crazy? Like dirty faced and blathering? He looks like he needs a wash.

Kirk does look disheveled and crazy, doesn't he?

Kirk does look disheveled and crazy, doesn't he?

I just figured he's not only on the downlow, but also a secret meth addict.

Or just really in need of a nice banana

I just figured he's not only on the downlow, but also a secret meth addict.

Or just really in need of a nice banana

Could that be any more sexual? "The perfect size for the mouth :o "

douandpeter.jpg

I have never, ever, ever in my life seen two people sit like that platonically, on an occassion like that. Parent consoling child? Sure. Friend consoling friend? Sure. Couple happy together? Definitely. Even if such closeness is prompted by a lack of space (which it is clearly not in this case), no one turns sideways and manuevers their crotch against the other person's ass, ESPECIALLY if they are 'straight' men. I bet Doug sat in the pew for a few minutes after Peter got up, "reflecting on the bible" in his lap.

Your honor, I present exhibit A.

It can... If you think of where else something banana shaped might fit...

douandpeter.jpg

I have never, ever, ever in my life seen two people sit like that platonically, on an occassion like that. Parent consoling child? Sure. Friend consoling friend? Sure. Couple happy together? Definitely. Even if such closeness is prompted by a lack of space (which it is clearly not in this case), no one turns sideways and manuevers their crotch against the other person's ass, ESPECIALLY if they are 'straight' men. I bet Doug sat in the pew for a few minutes after Peter got up, "reflecting on the bible" in his lap.

Your honor, I present exhibit A.

This is my fav. LOL pic ever and it never gets old to me. :clap: Yeah, they are 100% straight.

Oh Kirk, you're an "actor", please get a new writer, because you're current script is a very plagiarized version of The Bible.

Also? Jesus had 2 dads, and his own earth family was hardly a "normal nuclear family". His mom was the only teen mom ever to successfully use the "But I never had sex; God did this to me!" defense. His other father was a carpenter who thought he was betrothed to a nice virgin, and had to be talked into marrying her by an angel. I say this all with tongue firmly in cheek, but, still.

Those pix of Doug with menz would just look like really cute couple photos, if I didn't know they were crazy Dominionist homophobes.

I once saw a response video that pointed out how the human anus is the perfect size and shape for, um, certain things. And that conveniently-located prostate in men. Clearly god had something in mind :D

Is Kirk Cameron a Pearl follower? From his facebook page:

These are my kids' feet after Tie-Dye Day at the lake! Remember long summer afternoons running around with no shoes, roasting marshmallows till they light on fire...and staying up late, talking under the stars 'cause you didn't have to go to school in the morning? Childhood and summers with cousins are sweet treats from above. Chelsea and I cherish the "little years" and do our best to "train them up in the way they should go," so when they're big, they still come home, love each other dearly, and live life in such a way that fills their part of Earth with the fragrance of Heaven. "Let the little children come to Me, for of such is the kingdom of Heaven."

"Train them up?"

These are my kids' feet after Tie-Dye Day at the lake! Remember long summer afternoons running around with no shoes, roasting marshmallows till they light on fire...and staying up late, talking under the stars 'cause you didn't have to go to school in the morning? Childhood and summers with cousins are sweet treats from above. Chelsea and I cherish the "little years" and do our best to "train them up in the way they should go," so when they're big, they still come home, love each other dearly, and live life in such a way that fills their part of Earth with the fragrance of Heaven. "Let the little children come to Me, for of such is the kingdom of Heaven."

"Train them up?"

That quote is part of a bible verse. It's where the Pearls get it from. Which is not to say that Kirk wouldn't necessarily support the same things, but I don't think there's a connection.

ETA: Proverbs 22:6-"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

"Train them up?"

As slickcat said, that is part of a quote that has been interpreted in lots of more benign ways.

However, Kirk has been known to recommend Tedd Tripp's stuff, and Tedd is another "spank early, spank often" advocate.

Some Tripp (from a blog article describing his book Shepherding a Child's Heart):

p.133 From birth to age 4,“The most important lesson for the child to learn in this period is that HE IS AN INDIVIDUAL UNDER AUTHORITY.â€

p.134 “Acquaint your children with authority and submission when they are infants. This training starts the day you bring them home from the hospital.â€

p.105 “The child is a sinner. There are things within the heart of the sweetest little baby that, allowed to blossom and grow to fruition, will bring about eventual destruction. The rod functions in this context. It is addressed to needs within the child. These needs cannot be met by mere talk. Proverbs 22:15 says,‘Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him.’ God says there is something wrong in the child’s heart. Folly or foolishness is bound up in his heart. This folly must be removed, for it places the child at risk.â€

p.106 “The fool’s life is run by his desires and fears. This is what you hear from your young children. The most common phrases in the vocabulary of a 3-year-old are,‘I want…’ or ‘I don’t want….’ The fool lives out of the immediacy of his lusts, cravings, expectations, hopes and fears.â€â€œWatch a baby struggle against wearing a hat in the winter. Even this baby who cannot articulate or even conceptualize what he is doing shows a determination not to be ruled from without. This foolishness is bound up within his heart. Allowed to take root and grow for 14 or 15 years, it will produce a rebellious teenager who will not allow anyone to rule him. The spanking process drives foolishness from the heart of a child. Confrontation with the immediate and undeniably tactile sensation of a spanking renders an implacable child sweet.â€

p.151 Tripp describes the whipping procedure: take the child to a private place, make the child confess, tell the child "how many swats he will receive", put the child over your lap , pull the child's diapers or "drawers" down and whip them. Then pull the child up and show affection.

p.152 If the child is angry about being whipped, then "the discipline session is not over" and Tripp says to whip them some more until they are "sweet".

p.154 “When your child is old enough to resist your directives, he is old enough to be disciplined. Rebellion can be something as simple as an infant struggling against a diaper change or stiffening out his body when you want him to sit on your lap. When our oldest child was approximately 8 months old, we were confronted with parenting our first mobile child. We had a bookshelf constructed of boards and bricks. Fearing the shelf would fall on him, Margy told him not to pull himself up by the shelf. After moving him away from the shelf, she left the room. As she peeked in on him, she observed him surveying the room. Not seeing her, he headed back toward the forbidden bookshelf. Here was a young child, not yet able to walk or to talk, looking to see if the coast was clear so he could disobey. Obviously, he was old enough to be disciplined.â€

Archived