IGNORED

I had to laugh when I saw this (Real-life sighting)

GenerationCedarchip

Sadly here in Southern Ontario we don't seem able to purchase Tater Tots. I'm still not sure exactly what they are. Can't just hop over the border and buy some, they'd melt long before we got home. Anyone suggest a Cannuck equivalent? I need to eat Tater tot casserole before I die. (Can't bring myself to call t TTC - that means Toronto Transit Commision around here).

Canuck wannabes here, happy to help!

First, realize that tots are made from the scraps of potatoes that are left over from the process ... Let me log onto my laptop to finish...

Realize that tots are made from the scraps of potatoes left over from the process of cutting whole potatoes into fries. This info, BTW, I learned on "How It's Made", one of Canadian TV's finest shows and I'm not kidding.

That being the case, take some frozen hash browns, chop them up into pieces under 1 cm long, then form small-meatball-sized pellets out of them. Don't make them round, but cylindrical.

Voila'!!! You have homemade tater tots.

I have to say that my favorite are the ones that have minced onion mixed in wtih them. OK, I'm sorry, that probably came across more "neener-neener" than just a kvelling.

Your other option - next time you're across the border, find a restaurant that offers tots as well as fries. These will probably be locally owned places as opposed to chains. Mm, mm, good!

Oregon has a strange combination of people. Everything from hippies, hipsters to fundies. I see a fundie women at the local walmart at least once a week. She always makes some noise of disapproval when she sees me.

She is also the one who once openly told me that I was defrauding her sons because of the way I was dressed. I was wearing a long sleeve shirt with a scoop neck that was no where near showing my cleavage. I was also wearing long cargo pants and a fleece jacket. I told her that she needed to teach her sons to be accountable for their thoughts and actions and walked away. I have not seen her bring her children in to the store since then.

":3owbabnt]Oregon has a strange combination of people. Everything from hippies, hipsters to fundies. I see a fundie women at the local walmart at least once a week. She always makes some noise of disapproval when she sees me.

She is also the one who once openly told me that I was defrauding her sons because of the way I was dressed. I was wearing a long sleeve shirt with a scoop neck that was no where near showing my cleavage. I was also wearing long cargo pants and a fleece jacket. I told her that she needed to teach her sons to be accountable for their thoughts and actions and walked away. I have not seen her bring her children in to the store since then.

As a former resident of Eugene, you forgot the gun toting rednecks.

Oregon has a strange combination of people. Everything from hippies, hipsters to fundies. I see a fundie women at the local walmart at least once a week. She always makes some noise of disapproval when she sees me.

You're awesome. I wouldn't have the guts to do that. :D

Archived