IGNORED

I had to laugh when I saw this (Real-life sighting)

GenerationCedarchip

I just ran to the grocery across the street to get lunch from the salad bar. While I was in the checkout line, I was behind what was obviously a fundie family (dressed somewhat like the 7 sisters). When I saw them unloading the cart, I noticed they were buying 4 HUGE bags of frozen tater tots. Couldn't help but crack a smile. :)

Thanks, GC, good chuckle material!

I've been looking for a certain cheesy-hash-brown recipe and a friend offered me hers with great flourish, certain it would fit my requirements. The first ingredient didn't faze me, however the second and third:

1 large bag OreIda frozen hash browns

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of chicken soup

..... I thanked her warmly, copied the info, and plan to lose it before day's end. LOL!

Funny, but sad.

You know what irks me? These families who say "We can afford lots of kids!" How do they afford them? By feeding them crap, of course. Makes me sick.

Don't forget pounds of Velveeta!

If we have vehicles that run on used french fry oil why can't we build one that runs on Velveeta?

Do these people poop - all that velveeta (?!?)

My favourite "fundie" sighting was at the liquor store - woman with a ton of kids in a van, long skirt and headcovering, yet with bag of booze...bumper stickers from the local Baptist church.

Do these people poop - all that velveeta (?!?)

I'm curious how they make bathroom time limits work with that. Maybe your body gets used to it...?

If we have vehicles that run on used french fry oil why can't we build one that runs on Velveeta?

I bet we could make it work, somehow.

Ages ago I had a job as a dishwasher in a cafeteria, and the one "event night" we most hated working was Mexican night - why? Because it was held in a separate room downstairs from the main dining room, which meant that rather than people putting their trays directly on the conveyor to the dishroom as they left the place, they put them on racks that were only delivered to us when full, about every half hour or so.

That alone wouldn't be too horrible, but Mexican food meant... Velveeta-esque cheez in little bowls. These would sit around drying for 30 minutes or so on the racks, and the stuff was like plastic. We used to jokingly call it "polymer cheese," if it dried enough you could peel it off like animation paint, just... yuck. The stuff was hard to get out of the bowls, and even the big conveyor machine dishwasher wouldn't always succeed. If it didn't, that meant the stuff was then BAKED ON by the dryer, and even worse the second time around.

Perhaps it was invented by the military. Or NASA. I have no idea...

Jack Daniels for teething children. Put some on the tip of a frozen washcloth for the baby to suck on and drink a glass while you smile. :mrgreen:

While I will admit to using a can of cream of mushroom soup in a pinch, I could never use the cream of chicken. The chicken is pink! Same as the chicken noodle soup, it's all pink chicken. That stuff is so gross.

Do the Duggars have their own garden? If not, why? Wouldn't it be much more easier for them to have a fruit or vegetable garden of some sort? My grandmother and grandfather both take care of their vegetable garden that also has some herbs in it. My grandmother goes to the foodstore for mainly dairy, fish, meat, and sea-food products. The Duggars would lessen up a lot of space in their house if they had a type of garden. It would also save them some money. Maybe Jim-Boob and J'Chelle would use this as bonding time with their family! *depressed sigh* Hey, I can dream. (Please correct me if I'm wrong about the lessing up space and saving more statements.)

I'm curious how they make bathroom time limits work with that. Maybe your body gets used to it...?

Cannot unsee :shock:

Jack Daniels for teething children. Put some on the tip of a frozen washcloth for the baby to suck on and drink a glass while you smile. :mrgreen:

Anaesthetic for home surgery as we don't believe in doctors? Also useful for sterilizing your equipment.

Pink chicken? really?

Our cream of chicken soup is quite nice, actually. Is the UK better served (again) or do I have terrible taste?

Do the Duggars have their own garden? If not, why? Wouldn't it be much more easier for them to have a fruit or vegetable garden of some sort?

People have been asking this around here for years. The answer is no, they don't have a garden of any kind (or fruit trees or bushes or chickens), because -

A. JB & M are lazy.

B. They travel too much to be home to take care of them.

C. JB & M are lazy.

D. They aren't smart enough to think that as well as being super nutritous, it might be a great school project for the kids.

E. JB & M are lazy.

Sadly here in Southern Ontario we don't seem able to purchase Tater Tots. I'm still not sure exactly what they are. Can't just hop over the border and buy some, they'd melt long before we got home. Anyone suggest a Cannuck equivalent? I need to eat Tater tot casserole before I die. (Can't bring myself to call t TTC - that means Toronto Transit Commision around here).

Archived