IGNORED

So, the Maxwell "church" has moved?!

Justme

I believe Jesse plays the keyboard. Probably a little to big for the angel picture....

Maybe, thought I have seen him with a stringed instrument too.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question....

And why is poor Jesse not allowed his instrument?

I can't really see his hands. He might be "strumming his instrument".

Why on earth is he holding the banjo so that the back and not the front is showing? That makes NO sense.

Well, that brazen hussy does like showing off Its G string in public. Could be defrauding to their followers.

These poor residents. Not only are they in a nursing home which is suppose to be peaceful they have to listen to a family like the Maxwells speaking about bullshit.

These poor residents. Not only are they in a nursing home which is suppose to be peaceful they have to listen to a family like the Maxwells speaking about bullshit.

If I had to live there and deal with that bullshit, I would make it a point to spike the punch on Sundays.

:wtf: I wish that they were styled like the nerds during the talent show at the end of Revenge of the Nerds. :cry:

Sweet Baby Jesus, whose brilliant idea was it for everyone to wear all white against a white background? They all look washed out and pale, Teri looks downright ill. The boys couldn't even put on a red or green tie? Sarah couldn't put a little-girl red bow in her hair? MY KINGDOM FOR A SPOT OF COLOR! :wtf:

Sweet Baby Jesus, whose brilliant idea was it for everyone to wear all white against a white background? They all look washed out and pale, Teri looks downright ill. The boys couldn't even put on a red or green tie? Sarah couldn't put a little-girl red bow in her hair? MY KINGDOM FOR A SPOT OF COLOR! :wtf:
Steve's fixation with death and heaven? :lol:

Almost all of the recent family photos my hubs and the kids and i have done were in black and red - what does that say? :lol:

If I had to live there and deal with that bullshit, I would make it a point to spike the punch on Sundays.

Totally picturing a blue-haired little old lady, clad in lavender polyester pants and an applique sweatshirt, tottering over to the punch bowl, surreptitiously looking around, and dumping in the contents of a flask...

Golly gee, you're reading here again Steve, what a surprise. Although the location of the current torture chamber for the aged church has not been revealed, we have been apprised of the annual Maxwell Reality Show aka "Walk through Bethlehem".

And for those of you looking for cool Yule tunes what could be better than a "very special Christmas concert on Dec 11th?"

Is there an echo here ....

blog.titus2.com/2014/11/30/walk-through-bethlehem-and-maxwell-family-concert/

blog.titus2.com/2013/12/03/an-invitation-walk-through-bethlehem-2/

blog.titus2.com/2012/12/03/an-invitation-walk-through-bethlehem/

blog.titus2.com/2011/12/14/walk-thru-bethlehem/

And now, after the event, Sarah is enraptured at her siblings' musical talent:

I loved hearing my brothers and sisters (and new sister-in-law!) play and sing. The creativity in the arrangements is really incredible; God has gifted them. I don’t say that just because I’m their sister either.

No, you don't just say that because you're their sister. You say it because you've been so sheltered and isolated you have few examples to compare them to.

I haven't heard the Maxwells sing. They may be pretty good for all I know. But I'm not going to take Sarah's word for it.

I haven't heard the Maxwell's sing live either,but I have heard some recordings.

Their arrangements are tolerable but their vocals?

God has gifted them with better voices than the Rodrigues children, that's the nicest thing I can say.

And now, after the event, Sarah is enraptured at her siblings' musical talent:

No, you don't just say that because you're their sister. You say it because you've been so sheltered and isolated you have few examples to compare them to.

I haven't heard the Maxwells sing. They may be pretty good for all I know. But I'm not going to take Sarah's word for it.

They're not. Listen to a few audio clips of their album. http://www.titus2.com/simple-faith.html

They're not. Listen to a few audio clips of their album. http://www.titus2.com/simple-faith.html

OMG, I think my ears are bleeding. :wtf: If I heard an ad hoc group get up and sing like that in a casual setting, I'd smile and think "well, for what it is, it's not too bad." But this is a RECORDING they actually put out! Presumably they had the ability to do multiple takes since it's not a live album, so there's no excuse. They want people to pay for this! :shock:

Oof. I thought I heard them harmonizing passably in a video once, but yeah, there's no excuse for these recorded versions. I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't preach against AutoTune, Steve—just sayin'.

I'm really struggling to understand this...

Why not rent an old grocery store (very popular here) and start a church? Library? Community center? Or is the issue here needing a captive audience?

How much sinning do they think a bunch of grannies get in to at the home? (Though I like to think retirement homes for me someday will mean Shady Pines and The Golden Girls)

How much sinning do they think a bunch of grannies get in to at the home?
Exactly! No questions ( I would think) about child rearing, illegal drugs/ alcohol, prostitution, abortions, no unmarried pregnant women, etc. plus they are captive.

They're taking advantage of the fact that at the end of people's lives, they're more likely to pick up a religion. They get to save people without having to check up on them later, because tomorrow they're dead. Basically, the Maxwells are lazy.

I'd be more impressed if they managed to hook (and keep) a bunch of college kids.

Exactly! No questions ( I would think) about child rearing, illegal drugs/ alcohol, prostitution, abortions, no unmarried pregnant women, etc. plus they are captive.

In Maxwell World if you alive you are a sinner! We've all fallen short, yes, even those almost perfect Maxwells. But, they're still God's favorites, so they get special treats like rainbows and the Northern Lights when they ask for them.

I think they also take this verse a little too seriously:

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." (James 1:27)

It's on their page about their church. The only thing they don't do is visit the fatherless, though they probably consider the elderly fatherless.

So I guess Joseph and Elissa 'chose' to travel with the family circus until Elissa has their first baby. This way Steve can parade them around and show people how his courtship plan really 'does work'. At least they will get their own hotel room (hopefully) instead of sharing a bunk on Uriah.

I think Elissa might actually be able to sing. The music has suddenly not moved to to the forefront again, I notice.

I think they also take this verse a little too seriously:

It's on their page about their church. The only thing they don't do is visit the fatherless, though they probably consider the elderly fatherless.

This is the same quote that the child-collectors use to justify their madness, isn't it?

I'm really struggling to understand this...

Why not rent an old grocery store (very popular here) and start a church? Library? Community center? Or is the issue here needing a captive audience?

How much sinning do they think a bunch of grannies get in to at the home? (Though I like to think retirement homes for me someday will mean Shady Pines and The Golden Girls)

Because no one would come. They do it at the nursing home and people are bored so they go.

Archived