IGNORED

Nuns embark on bus tour to protest Republican policies

ceg045

Good for them. I think the only way some religions will change is if those on the inside fight for it, so this is nice to see.

You know, I think the Vatican is scared of these nuns. They're educated, resourceful and willing to put the effort in to create the change they want to see in the world. Which is a whole lot more than I've heard of a priest doing.

Good for the nuns for standing up to the people in the Catholic Church who would have them sit back and shut up. They're the ones who actually care about the people they serve.

Nice! The only time I've ever seen nuns get on a bus is to protest reproductive freedom. Good for these ones for being on the right side of history.

These are 60ish educated women who have done nothing wrong. The Church is treating them like a bunch of naughty little girls. Best wishes go with them!

yes great people. But I only see more of a crap storm for them because we all know republicans are the only catholic choice.

While the Vatican has criticized Network, church officials have not ordered a full-scale overhaul of it as is being done with another group, the Leadership Conference of Women Religious. After a two-year investigation, the Vatican concluded the conference had undermined Roman Catholic teaching with radical feminist themes and taken positions that undermined Catholic teaching on the all-male priesthood, marriage and homosexuality. Three U.S. bishops, including Seattle Archbishop J. Peter Sartain, have been given five years to reorganize that group.

'Radical feminist themes' 'all male priesthood' Ouch.

Bad Nun's caring about the poor while they are supposed to be toeing the party line.

GO Nuns...and their bus is super-funky.

Good for the nuns for standing up to the people in the Catholic Church who would have them sit back and shut up. They're the ones who actually care about the people they serve.

QFT. Go nuns!

Archived