IGNORED

"Enjoy your female friends at a healthy distance."

Cannelle

So far, that's my favorite line from this article on what men should do to not induce lust in women. (I don't think there's really such a thing as a healthy distant friendship, but okay.)

boundless.org/2005/articles/a0002558.cfm

It basically seems like they're saying, "Be an icy, distant motherfucker to any woman, unless you intend to marry her. Don't touch her, don't look at her for more than a millisecond, don't joke around with her. Because if you do these things, SHE WILL IMMEDIATELY FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU AND WILL NO LONGER HAVE A PURE, SINLESS MIND. Because women are weak." :roll:

Okay, wait, wait, no, here's another awesome line:

Let's be honest. Sometimes, just by living, you'll turn the ladies' heads.

I'm rolling on the floor here.

Wait, I thought women didn't feel lust? Aren't we supposed to be all romantic and soft fuzzy hearts, while the virile men are the ones who are unable to control their raging lust?

But while you may be immune to her, you can't safely assume that she is immune to you.

So men are encouraged to swagger around, thinking every woman wants him? Jeez, no wonder these fundy guys are so full of themselves. :handgestures-thumbdown::puke-front:

Yeah, I thought women only get married and have sex so that they can give birth to armies for Christ.

That's what I thought too. When will these fundies make up their minds?

Yup. I fell in love with a male friend last time I saw him because he hugged me goodbye.

Oh, wait, our relationship is platonic :roll:

But isn't this their excuse for extreme modesty for women? That just by living, the ebil women will turn the menz heads? Are they now saying that it goes both ways? If so, time for extreme modesty in the men....

Damn, I wish there was a comment sextion. The first thing to pop in my mind was "don't flatter yourself".

Oh, these kinds of people. They alternate between infuriating and hilarious. I can't help but laugh at this.

Edit: Whoops, typo. I think considering the subject, I'll leave it in.

Wait, I thought women didn't feel lust? Aren't we supposed to be all romantic and soft fuzzy hearts, while the virile men are the ones who are unable to control their raging lust?

No no no no no! Either we're "Liliths" with an unsatiable appetite for lust, earthly pleasures and a major disrespect for religious morality, or we're "Marys", with pure hearts, no sex drive of our own and totally submissive to our headships! :snooty:

Us women to them are either Lilith or Mary. :evil:

I've been complimented before as "the child of Satan and Lilith". Even Eve, though, listened to Satan.

You have to wonder why the "women shouldn't want/enjoy sex" idea is so popular in fundie circles. Is it because the men are so terrible in bed that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy?

What is so bad about being attracted to someone? And WHY does this attraction immediately turn into infatuation? Maybe so much repressed sexuality? If that happens to you, it's a problem in your own head and your own sexuality. It has nothing to do with how the other person behaves or what they wear.

I've maintained perfectly platonic friendships with men I was attracted to. You keep your head up and your mouth closed on the matter. And you hug them goodbye and laugh at their jokes.

This article has that stupid "modesty" logic again, that you can control what someone else thinks by what you do. It not only never works, it's not what modesty is about at all.

Whether we call it lust or infatuation, we're all dealing with the same heart issue: a good desire with the wrong object, at the wrong time or to the wrong degree.

Well, there you go, a flat out admission of the objectification of others.

Empathy fail.

"[He and I] were in the same group of friends. We talked. We joked around. Watched movies. I cleaned his kitchen a few times, and he fixed a couple things on my house. We both knew that the other wasn't interested in any type of romantic relationship, so there was distance in our very warm and comfortable friendship."

Whaaa? Is that normal fundie friendship speaking? Because I can tell you that it has never occured to me to go over to any of my friends' homes and clean their kitchens, and I am nearly 45 years old.

When I read the topic title, I thought the article was going to be about women not getting too close to their female friends because it might turn them into lesbians.

When I read the topic title, I thought the article was going to be about women not getting too close to their female friends because it might turn them into lesbians.

I thought that, too. I had flashbacks to the section in "Created to Be His Helpmeet" dedicated to admonishing women for daring to have any kind of relationship at all with another person other than their husband.

Ugh. Don't even get me started on that little gem.

Once again, something the fundie Christian men have in common with fundie Muslim men: Even making eye contact with an unrelated women can have dire consequences.

I thought that, too. I had flashbacks to the section in "Created to Be His Helpmeet" dedicated to admonishing women for daring to have any kind of relationship at all with another person other than their husband.

Ugh. Don't even get me started on that little gem.

Me, three - for either one (lesbian or no relationship aside from husband).

I wonder what a murka would look like. What is attractive on men? Receding hairlines? beard stubble? man boobs? hangy things between the legs?leg hair? chest hair? BACK hair??? - By all means!! Cover them up! Cover them up! PLEASE.

(and, interestingly enough, I'm hetero)

No, no, no... It's not that us weak willed females will feel lust, it's that we automatically fall in love with and want to marry any man that treats us nice and the men shouldn't take that away from our future authority.

That's what I thought, that it's men who can't control themselves. If controlling sexual urges is impossible, then I guess no one can be condemned by god for having sex before marriage.

So my male friend can't be one of my close friends anymore? After all we do joke, and go places where we aren't supervised, we have even touched! I think I totally want to marry him now! Oh wait...that's right we are just friends...oh nevermind that doesn't happen in this mindset. I better inform of this when I see him :lol:

So my male friend can't be one of my close friends anymore? After all we do joke, and go places where we aren't supervised, we have even touched! I think I totally want to marry him now! Oh wait...that's right we are just friends...oh nevermind that doesn't happen in this mindset. I better inform of this when I see him :lol:

Let's keep it quiet that men and women can be just friends, because the fundies will feel persecuted again. And we don't want to hurt their widdle feelings with reality, do we? ;)

Archived