IGNORED

"Enjoy your female friends at a healthy distance."

Cannelle

Beyond any particular relational cue is the number and frequency of the cues you send to a specific woman and their proportion to the cues she sees you sending others.

Its okay for a man to be a hugging/ eye-contact whore as long as he whores himself out equally to all the eligible young ladies so that no one gets their expectations up that he wants to marry them.

Its okay for a man to be a hugging/ eye-contact whore as long as he whores himself out equally to all the eligible young ladies so that no one gets their expectations up that he wants to marry them.

Good grief! With all the rules, how do these folks ever manage to get together?

I agree. It's a culture where you can never be yourself. I would hate to be under the microscope of other fu nudie brethren as well, always worried of slipping up.

Parental connections are my guess. It's the only way it can really happen in this culture, depending on your family's level of conservativeness. Just look at the two Sarahs (Maxwell and Mally, 30+ and still 'waiting for Prince Charming').

Let's keep it quiet that men and women can be just friends, because the fundies will feel persecuted again. And we don't want to hurt their widdle feelings with reality, do we? ;)

And let's not mention men and woman can hug and have no lusty thoughts or desire for marriage enter their head. Sometimes I think they may stop allowing friends at all, like Steve Maxwell, because it takes the focus off the headship and billions of children. As it is their friends are carefully selected by their fathers/husbands and have the exact same beliefs at them. Though I'm curious, as a lesbian would they allow me to hug my female friends? After all I might want to *gasp* marry them. They probably wouldn't let me hug their female relatives, lest I infect them. :roll:

Archived