IGNORED

Some fundies do care about their animals!

BelieveinScience

After the talk about how sarah(at hearts desire) treated that mama cow and the other fundie family who had the extremely skinny jersey cow.

I was looking at some fundie blogs and came across this blog. Some fundie families do care about their animals! These animals look pretty damn happy and healthy to me.

pelkeyphotos.blogspot.com/2012/05/day-on-farm.html

Oh no, some evil defrauding shoulders!

Really, that looks like a place I'd enjoy being! Clearly the kids are allowed to be kids and enjoy themselves, and those animals are DEFINITELY well-cared for. Did you see the cute collars on the goats! And I swear you can see goats actually smiling. And a picture cuddling and kissing one of them!

Can I go live there?

Oh yeah, look at this: pelkeyphotos.blogspot.com/2012/06/meet-william.html All the kids, goat and human alike, down together heads together over a tire. :) You can tell animals are an important, and loved, part of this family.

And look! pelkeyphotos.blogspot.com/2012/05/walk-on.html Their daughter Brynn is taking horse-riding lessons that includes horse-care! Cleaning, etc..

Yeah, this family respects and cares about their animals. I don't think we'll see neglected animals there. And I really like that those kids, even the girls, are allowed to actually have fun, get dirty, really just be kids.

Okay, those are some seriously adorable farm animals. Kids, too. :lol: And the farm itself looks spotless and idyllic.

I want to live there, too. ;)

It is so so sad that he will grow up to be an ugly, smelly, dirty 'ole BUCK!

Reality check time and so true. These folks do appear to have well cared for stock. But the reality is once this goat is mature things will change.

No doubt the children look happy and well-cared for,a s do the animals, and I think the mother's love for them is clear through her posts... but... she home schools them? :?

I just went through their website and their blog. They are really taking good care of their herd. Their children are smiling and laughing and it's not forced like some of the other people we read about.

The little goats are so adorable. I hope they have many happy years raising them and make some money selling their products.

They're chickens even look healthy. I found some posts about their dog which looks loved and happy! I love seeing it after all the neglectful animal fundies. It's clear they take care of god's creatures :)

Looks like a great farm, everyone looks healthy and happy, but WTF is going on with the nail job on the chick holding the chick???

Those goats are so cute! I have registered Nigerian Dwarf goats as well. Mine are still babies so I haven't started breeding yet, but mine may be distantly related to a couple of hers because they have some of the same lines in their pedigrees.

I love every one of my children for who they are, for how God created them, and for their individual talents.

Have we ever heard J'chelle or Zsu say that about their kids - nope? Loved this post, especially the part where he asks questions. They are little kid questions, not verbiage that they are repeating from their parents.

pelkeyphotos.blogspot.com/2012/06/daniel.html

Now if only all fundies took the verse in Proverbs about righteous people caring for their animals as much as they do the verse on training children.

Have we ever heard J'chelle or Zsu say that about their kids - nope? Loved this post, especially the part where he asks questions. They are little kid questions, not verbiage that they are repeating from their parents.

pelkeyphotos.blogspot.com/2012/06/daniel.html

Well she did try and state what was unique about each of her kids but she started trailing her sentences after number 5 or 6 I think.

Meh. I'm happy that the little goatsies are happy, although they'll probably end up being made into meat at some point, which doesn't make me happy.

I read through some of her other entries though, and she seems pretty typical of a fundie woman. Her posts on modesty are pretty much identical to all our other fundies' views. I'll have to read through more of it though, before I make up my mind about her.

Meh. I'm happy that the little goatsies are happy, although they'll probably end up being made into meat at some point, which doesn't make me happy.

I read through some of her other entries though, and she seems pretty typical of a fundie woman. Her posts on modesty are pretty much identical to all our other fundies' views. I'll have to read through more of it though, before I make up my mind about her.

If it makes you feel any better, they probably won't. They are dairy goats and not generally used for meat. They're also registered and expensive as far as goats go, they cost 300 to 600 a pop depending on who their parents are. Bucks are only slightly less expensive. The buck kids who aren't going to be used as herd sires may end up eaten, but they are usually fixed and sold as pets for a smaller price. By the time the does are done producing they're probably too old to make a very good meal. At least that's been my experience with the Nigerian Dwarf breeders I bought my babies from, but everyone's different I suppose.

Archived