IGNORED

One reason I wonder fundies are addicted to fundiehood...

Deleted08

When I was a fundie I could blame everyone disagreeing/disliking me due to my beliefs. It was always that.

Now I'm away from that, realize I'm bipolar and stubborn as hell LOL! :twisted:

When you leave fundie stuff you are forced to take a long hard look at yourself. and I wonder if that idea freaks

them out.

Leaving fundamentalism would be very scary. Aside from potentially losing your support system, you no longer know all the answers and have to admit that things can be seen in shades of grey instead of black and white. It is, as you suggest, much harder in some ways

I think it's totally possible to be addicted to fundiehood. A person can become addicted to any substance or behavior that's mood-altering. I can imagine that fundie behavior greatly alters the despair its practitioners feel when realize how completely unfulfilled they are. Like you said, mormonjesus, they now have something to blame that feeling on, and plenty of people around them to co-sign the bullshit.

When I was a fundie I could blame everyone disagreeing/disliking me due to my beliefs. It was always that.

Now I'm away from that, realize I'm bipolar and stubborn as hell LOL! :twisted:

When you leave fundie stuff you are forced to take a long hard look at yourself. and I wonder if that idea freaks

them out.

It's very true with my experience, but as well I'd liked to add this sense of superiority of you're doing it the right way and everyone else is wrong. I felt such pride that I knew the "truth".

Case and point: Johnny Cash. He went from struggling with drug and alcohol addiction for decades to being Evangelical. George W. Bush also "found God" to quit drinking. It's just supplementing one addictive/obsessive behaviour for another. It's the reason a lot of people who stop drinking start smoking or drinking a lot of coffee.

Granted I would file Cash under likeable born again. He's one of my favourite artists and his brand of it was much less obnoxious than a lot of the preachers today but that's just my opinion.

It's so true, people think they know everything.

I have a sister who's Catholic and my friends were gay in school, so I always had a "wtf" thought when it came to those subjects. I just tended to ignore those opinions and still be fundie.

Thank God that boat sank lol!

Thanks for the replies!

xDreamerx,

We do not take the name of Johnny Cash in vain. We certainly do not utter his name together with Dubya's. :naughty: Seriously brilliant musician, even up to the end of his life. Would that even 1% of fundies were fit to tune his guitar. :mrgreen:

Archived