IGNORED

Mama Maxwell is Writing a New Book

twin2

So she's not distracted by the timer going off every 30 minutes?

I hope she works out how to start the bus and escape one day.

I can't imagine a bunch of adults living this way...

I believe the phrase "up each other's butts" is an apt description of their lifestyle. Yeesh.

From the Used Car Lot to A Sink Hole in Canada: The Story of Uriah, Our Precious!

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Great one, twin2

The last time Ma Max wrote a book, Steve called a family meeting to tell them this was God's direction for the family and Sarah had to shelve her own writing to take on extra chores. http://www.titus2.com/blog/index.php/20 ... 2/its-off/

Maybe Sarah will have to postpone Winter Days, as a punishment for enjoying the burritos to damn much. :shifty:

That is one of the saddest glimpses into Maxwell-land I've ever read.

How long are these books they write???

Four months, start to finish? Maybe I need to adopt their system so I can get my dissertation done.

I mean, how do you write that quickly? I don't understand.

ETA: Ok, three months. Even faster.

How long are these books they write???

Four months, start to finish? Maybe I need to adopt their system so I can get my dissertation done.

I mean, how do you write that quickly? I don't understand.

ETA: Ok, three months. Even faster.

Well I guess when you write about things just to hear yourself talk, with no real reason or research I can imagine that crap they call "books" are pretty quick to write. All their books are just a repeat of what they have gone on and on about ad nauseum in their Corners for the last century. They have nothing original left to say. I mean, look at the Moody books - I hear those are all pretty much the same, just the seasons change :lol:

That is one of the saddest glimpses into Maxwell-land I've ever read.

The bit where Steve kept the topic of the family meeting secret but told them it wasn't about matrimony got me. I felt so sad for Sarah as from this her father obviously knows how much she wants to be married. I was also disturbed anew at a lifestyle where someone's first hint of a matrimonial prospect could be a meeting called by their father.

I hate that Christopher is wearing ironed dockers and a belt at home.Lighten the f-up!

And of course WHITE SOCKS because shoes are a no no on that white rug.

BTW, would anyone here be able to have their spouse home all day everyday like all the Maxwells?(I know they are best friends and all :? :? ) SERIOUSLY? I love my husband, but I would strangle him if he was here all the time. :snooty:

Gah! My husband dresss like that, so I thought he was mildly defrauding. And when I was consulting we were both home all day but we had a newborn, so it worked out ok.

The bit where Steve kept the topic of the family meeting secret but told them it wasn't about matrimony got me. I felt so sad for Sarah as from this her father obviously knows how much she wants to be married. I was also disturbed anew at a lifestyle where someone's first hint of a matrimonial prospect could be a meeting called by their father.

Guest Anonymous

I missed that. Poor Sarah :(

Take a look at the Corners regarding the News and internet use (cannot remember which part, 1 or 2). Teri explains that there are strong filters on the internet and she regularly checks the whole fasmilies history to check where they have been going...as well as "open door policy". I should imagine that when left alone, the laptops likely don't have the wireless or such switched on.

Does Teri have any idea how easy it is to erase your Internet history?

Aside from the ironed dockers and belt, that's actually the best I've seen Christopher look. He's wearing what looks to be a t-shirt rather than a polo, and has a bit of a 5 o'clock shadow. Maybe marriage is agreeing with him.

They really do claim anything enjoyable is an idol! Talking about getting rid of the newspaper in that corner, Teri says it was easier to make the decision than to enact it because she enjoyed it and that she eventually realized she was making it an idol in her life. They have apparently eliminated all sources of news from their lives - no radio, television, newspaper, etc. and it is such a blessing that they are shielding their children from the wickedness and evil of the world. She wonders what would happen if Christians would replace their news reading/watching time in bible study instead.

They really are insane.

Based on the mess of that desk behind John, someone isn't "Managing their Chores" very well.

I know! I noticed that the desk was messy right away. I can't beeeelieve no one has taken care of that. Maybe they should spend a little less time making burrito filling and a little more time cleaning up.

Once again, how is Sarah ever supposed to meet someone? Nursing home church, no outside friends...does he really think there will be an eligible young man in his 30's at their homeskool conferences?

Any potential suitor is either (a) 19 years old; (b) widowed/divorced/formerly living in sin with five kids; or © so firmly in the closet that he's just about to the lamp post in Narnia.

Poor Sarah.

The evils of Pepsi, trousers for women, and church congregations with a mean age of less than 73. A.k.a. the unholy trifecta.

Just choked on my tea!! Here's my take:

1. How to identify potentially "joy-causing" events, books, hobbies & places

2. How to make sure such evil "joy-causing" 'things' are kept at bay always

3. How to make life as dull as possible & why this is best

4. Real life examples of snuffing out "joy-causing" 'things" from life with the Maxwells

5. Our new joy-causing home inventory aid to help you keep "joy-causing" 'things" at bay

6. Our new, subscription-to-approved -families-only, software & forum "Joyless ever lonley life OhGod" J.E.L.L.O. for short.

And, if you call NOW (our operator, er, youngest children, are standing by to take your order--please obey the prompt and press "1" for male caller, "2" for female) you will get a complete set of the complete works of Steve and Teri Maxwell for only an additional $72.95 (plus s/h).

Yeah, imagine, "Dad called a meeting! Maybe I'm finally getting hitched! No, wait. They want us to do MORE chores?"

I'm not even remotely fundie but I was married by the time I was 24. Geez.

I can just picture poor Sarah getting her hopes up, and then her dad squashing them. If he's going to brainwash her into this lifestyle, it's his responsibility to find a good man for her. He owes her that much, at least. But Steve and Teri seem to think that they can shuttle Sarah around in the bus and to and from the nursing home, totally isolating their family from everyone else in the entire world, and yet somehow Jesus will just drop a godly young patriarch into their laps.

Archived