IGNORED

I'm Now KJV Only!!

twin2

I know I have had a few snarky comment about the KJV only Bible. I've snarked about God not speaking in Shakespearean English, and that like all other versions it is just a translation, ect. ect. However I am not to proud to admit I was wrong. All it took for me to see the light was to hear this inspirational number, The King James Bible. It is sung to perfection by two defrauding Godly men. I encourage you all to listen to this masterpiece and see the error of your ways:

youtube.com/user/fireballbaptist#p/a/f/0/vUD8XOr-P2A

Does anyone else find it ironic that it is mainly American Protestants who have come to cling to this translation so much? (I'm not saying all Protestants. Just that the demoniations who are KJV only are Protestant). I'm just saying it kind of makes me giggle.

Does anyone else find it ironic that it is mainly American Protestants who have come to cling to this translation so much? (I'm not saying all Protestants. Just that the demoniations who are KJV only are Protestant). I'm just saying it kind of makes me giggle.

Actually, I think that most denominations who cling to the KJV only are Baptists and the type of Baptists who would just as enthusiastically protest being called Protestant as they would declare that the KJV is the only "right" Bible.

Why do some Baptists protest being called Protestant?

It's just hilarious that they chose a Bible commissioned by an English King to further unify the English church. He was a King who took issue with Puritans and was trying to combat them. You would think they would prefer the Geneva Bible or some other translation favoured by Puritans. We all know how much Doug likes Knox.

Why do some Baptists protest being called Protestant?

It's just hilarious that they chose a Bible commissioned by an English King to further unify the English church. He was a King who took issue with Puritans and was trying to combat them. You would think they would prefer the Geneva Bible or some other translation favoured by Puritans. We all know how much Doug likes Knox.

Some Baptists feel that the denomination goes back to the Early Church as in Peter, Paul, and other NT writers so and were never associated with Catholicism. That means they never "protested" which to them means they aren't Protestants.

stufffundieslike.com/2009/02/the-trail-of-blood/ shares a bit more.

ETA the link.

What a charming song!

I find it interesting that anyone would believe that the KJV is the "only" Bible. What, pray tell, were all those silly Christians reading prior to that translation?

(I also find it telling when people prefer purple prose to accuracy in translation.)

Archived