IGNORED

Makeover a Fundie!

clarinetpower

I like to go to polyvore.com and make up outfits with my daughter--it's fun to see her funky sense of style. (She's almost 5, and usually pairs toile dresses with pink converse. She's awesome.)

So, I was thinking, if I could makeover a fundie, what would I pick?

I tinkered a bit, and here's what I chose for our favorite Frumperina, Zsu. I know she'll HATE it, but I think it would suit her because it's got a bit of a southwest/hippie/granola vibe, it has patterns (hides stains from little hands), it shows she has a waist while still fitting her modesty standards, and the bag is big enough to stuff a few diapers, wipes and sippy cups in.

2q86btd.png

Anyone else want to play? :D

polyvore.com

I think the boho look would work well on most fundie women. And take off those extra ten years. Seriously, when they hit their mid-twenties, they go from looking at least five years younger than their age to ten years older.

I think the boho look would work well on most fundie women. And take off those extra ten years. Seriously, when they hit their mid-twenties, they go from looking at least five years younger than their age to ten years older.

Yep, most of the women I know who keep strict modesty standards and also seem stylish (to me, at least) do dress sort of boho/hippie. It seems the easiest way to pull off a long skirt and loose flowy tops and can also work with a (scarf) head covering without looking too Amishy. One of my friends manages to pull it off really well and still looks her age (20s) and blends in with the crunchy granola people nearby.

I must admit, out of all the fundies we snark Lina is one of the best-dressed. She has that boho/ethnic kind of style that really suits her, and her tichels (headscarves) are gorgeous. I think it's a shame she didn't get a more flamboyant wedding outfit.

I wish the Duggar girls would wear more patterns/brighter colours. I also wish the Seven Sisters would invest in some cute fabric (especially the Japanese prints) and ditch the 80s upholstery patterns and cheap lace headcoverings. Cheap lace always looks cheap ESPECIALLY in white - it's why if I covered my head, I could never go down the mantilla route unless I made them myself.

She closed down her blog and only posts recipes now, so unfortunately I don't know, sorry. But she wore just a regular skirt and top, not even a headcovering.

That turquoise and white combo is so cute and summery! I might have to try that myself, lol.

Something for Mary Maxwell:

y.jpg

Oh, I wish Mary could wear this stuff (you know Stevie-poo would put the kibosh on anything pretty)! I hadn't read their blog in a while, even though they were my gateway fundies, and I didn't know how cute Mary has gotten. She's really come out of her akward phase and is growing into her looks. I would love to give her a full makeover: haircut (keep most of the length but add some bangs or layers), give her some mascara and lipgloss and some fun perfume, that sort of thing. She's a sixteen year old girl, she should get to dress like one and enjoy being young and pretty. After Jana, Joy-Anna, and Josiah Duggar, Mary's next on my rescue list. She can be my little sister, and I can do way more fun big sister stuff with her than just dusting and packing books and baking cookies.

Edited to add: that striped blue shirt she's wearing in the cleaning post? Totally had one just like it when I was about fourteen. Girl's got taste, or at least as much as she can under the circumstances.

That turquoise and white combo is so cute and summery! I might have to try that myself, lol.

Go for it! Turquoise is my favorite summer color. I didn't work too hard putting that outfit together, but the other one I just couldn't find anything to match that skirt that was fundie approved lol.

For Sarah Maxwell.

(And I would totally wear this, even though I'm 8 years older than she is. And married with kids--but still fun!)

5cgg9c.png

And I love that turquoise and white, too. It's really fresh and crisp looking.

Just got a white linen skirt, and am so excited to wear it this summer. We had a warm day last week, and I wore it with a cobalt t-shirt, denim jacket, leather belt, green sandals, and huge silver hoops. Got lots of compliments. :)

Ooooo - wow something else to add on to my pinterest addiction!

This is my attempt at a fundie 'update'! Still pretty conservative, but I love the skirt!

Ooooo - wow something else to add on to my pinterest addiction!

This is my attempt at a fundie 'update'! Still pretty conservative, but I love the skirt!

I love that combination! I might have to try it...

Archived