IGNORED

Internships!!!

emeraldskull

So, Doug is opening his pants ministry for new applications!

visionforum.com/about/opportunities/internships/

Testimonials:

Vision Forum’s 2003 internship was a life-changing experience for me. From receiving training in biblical doctrine and presuppositional thinking from Mr. Phillips, to enjoying practical business instruction and hands-on learning in a variety of company departments, to participating in community service projects with godly, edifying families, my time as an intern was extremely profitable and inspiring.

—Tim Horn, Class of 2003, General Track

My experience as an intern has been an overwhelming blessing from the Lord. I have gained a clearer understanding of how a business operates, and have acquired rich, edifying and godly friendships with the men I co-labor with at Vision Forum.

—Micah Pogue, Class of 2009, General Track

From the application form:

W H O M A Y A P P L Y

Any Christian home educated young man between the ages of 18 and 24 who has the full blessing of his

parents may apply for the Vision Forum internship.

I have enclosed a recent photograph of myself (Required)

Vision Forum is a ministry in the service of the Lord. Why do you want to serve here? Are you coming

primarily with expectations of what you can get, or what you can give? Describe your philosophy of

service?

P A R E N T A L A P P R O V A L

As the father* of _____________________ I affirm that my son has my full blessing to participate in

the Vision Forum internship.

Sign: ___________________________________________________ Date:__________________

* AS ACTING HEAD OF THEIR HOUSEHOLDS, SINGLE MOTHERS MUST SIGN THE PARENTAL APPROVAL NOTICE.

AS ACTING HEAD OF THEIR HOUSEHOLDS,

UGH! Ok assholes, I'm a single mom and have been for 14 1/2 of my son's 16 years, and I AM NOT the "acting head" of my household. I AM the head of my household.

sorry for the OT... end rant!

I want to know why they want pics. That is super weird. (Well, I can guess.)

I'm trying to think of anything I applied for that required pictures and...nothin'. Not jobs, not undergrad, not grad school, not fellowhips applications. I was always told/taught (well, since I was around these things) that you shouldn't ask for or give photos with applications, because it could case some kind of bias.

This is unpaid, yes?

Oh VF--you're all about appearances.

ETA: We should do an experiment and submit a couple of different applications! One of somebody that's black or asian or hispanic, and somebody conventionally attractive and white and somebody who was white but...awkward, shall we say. It would be fun.

Posting again because:

"as a Vision

Forum Intern and by signing this agreement you commit to protecting the confidentiality of any and all

projects worked on while at Vision Forum as an intern, and to conduct yourself in a manner reflecting

glory on the name of Jesus Christ, and honoring Doug and Beall Phillips, and the Vision Forum staff and

principles."

I think it's interesting that they list Dougie and Be-all by name.

ETA: We should do an experiment and submit a couple of different applications! One of somebody that's black or asian or hispanic, and somebody conventionally attractive and white and somebody who was white but...awkward, shall we say. It would be fun.

It would be!!!

Ok, who/whom is not my strong suit, but "whom may apply"?

It actually says "who may apply". It is just super scrunched up and I first read it as "Whom a yap ply" which makes less sense.

So, Doug is opening his pants ministry for new applications!

visionforum.com/about/opportunities/internships/

Testimonials:

Vision Forum’s 2003 internship was a life-changing experience for me. From receiving training in biblical doctrine and presuppositional thinking from Mr. Phillips, to enjoying practical business instruction and hands-on learning in a variety of company departments, to participating in community service projects with godly, edifying families, my time as an intern was extremely profitable and inspiring.

—Tim Horn, Class of 2003, General Track

I bet it was very hands on learning... :lol:

My experience as an intern has been an overwhelming blessing from the Lord. I have gained a clearer understanding of how a business operates, and have acquired rich, edifying and godly friendships with the men I co-labor with at Vision Forum.

—Micah Pogue, Class of 2009, General Track

Uhuh, well that's one way of calling it.... :lol:

Archived