IGNORED

wal-lla! vs Voila!

terranova

bloggingbeth.blogspot.com

I think the fundies know I HATE it when they do this and just do it to piss me off. :icon-twisted: :icon-twisted: :icon-twisted: :icon-twisted: :icon-twisted:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/voil%C3%A0 Here you go you stupid girl. Learn something. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh I am SO glad someone else is as annoyed by this as I am - all of my fundie-lite FB friends do this and it annoys the crap out of me :evil:

Wal-lla? Wal-lla??? Where the fuck does she get the w from? *wanders away cursing in French*

I am desperate to know whether they are being cutesy or actually think that "wall-la" is a thing.

I KNOW. I'm tempted to ask "are you being cute or are you just that stupid?"

Wallaah

I knew someone who would say "cujos" instead of "kudos". I think she also typed "walla" instead of "voilà."

I LOVE it, why? Because wallah in Arabic (Syrian way of saying) means I swear on god's name

LOL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallah

Oh please tell her that. That she's worshiping the eeebil Muslim god while she's trying to be smart. :lol:

I KNOW. I'm tempted to ask "are you being cute or are you just that stupid?"

Wallaah

Somehow I have a feeling it is the latter. SOTDRT at work...

SOTDRT strikes again.

Damn her and her comment moderation. I just left a comment asking if she meant 'voilà". Who wants to bet the comment never makes the page but the word is changed?

Oh donkey shins, our feet are the same and mercy buckets.

Can anyone guess what those 3 things I said are? :whistle:

Mon Chéri, no idea, and merci beaucoup

danke schoen

auf wiedersehen

Merci Beaucoup

danke schoen

auf wiedersehen

Merci Beaucoup

ahahah did not know it was in various languages ;)

You know sometimes it's hard to make out the words. In Enya's song Sail Away, it sounds like she's saying C'est Noël, c'est Noël (It's christmas). there are whole websites devoted to those english songs that seem to be saying stuff in french lol

Now I don't think I would post something like that on a blog, I'd be quite embarrassed. Although I would just accept it too, that's part of learning. well she's not really learning french, but whatever.

I learn so much from the Free Jingers! A hearty 'grassy ass' to all (that's Spanish for 'thank you')!

I knew someone who would say "cujos" instead of "kudos".

Was she picturing something like this?

6939950696_abea33afbb.jpg

:lol:

Oh please tell her that. That she's worshiping the eeebil Muslim god while she's trying to be smart. :lol:

I did, though it probably wont be approved. I did add in a 'nice quilt btw' at the end of the quick lesson... (the quilt is nice).

Wallah instead of Voilà is a pet peeve. It screams of SOTDRT.

Speaking of French: Darby Sproul has "Je commes tortues" on G+. First I thought SOTDRT, but then I realized that she is quite smart for her age/being a fundie girl, so please tell me: It is meant to be funny, isn't it? Possibly a quote from somewhere?

Later I saw that she has the same on Twitter, only added by (I like tortues). But as far as my French goes it's "J'aime tortues". Comme is so not a verb! Ahhhhhhhh!

Guest Anonymous
Speaking of French: Darby Sproul has "Je commes tortues" on G+. First I thought SOTDRT, but then I realized that she is quite smart for her age/being a fundie girl, so please tell me: It is meant to be funny, isn't it? Possibly a quote from somewhere?

Later I saw that she has the same on Twitter, only added by (I like tortues). But as far as my French goes it's "J'aime tortues". Comme is so not a verb! Ahhhhhhhh!

It looks SOTDRT to me. I am guessing she saw "comme" after "suis Je" or similar, and thought it was a synonym for like/aimer.

Archived