IGNORED

"Work it out with your rapist..."

muffynbear

You mean there is some kind of important difference between a lynching and an execution??? Who knew?

Amazing, isn't it! :roll:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

This.

GB, take it up with the people who made the remarks which you found offensive. I posted in that topic but said none of the things that you've pointed out. I am against the death penalty in all situations, and do not believe that Zimmerman being Hispanic is really relevant or in any way mutually exclusive with being a racist.

I didn't actually didn't find any of it offensive, and actually agree with most of it. I was just simply pointing out that some of the things posted were the very same things I have been called at on. But of course I don't expect anybody to admit that.

I didn't actually didn't find any of it offensive, and actually agree with most of it. I was just simply pointing out that some of the things posted were the very same things I have been called at on. But of course I don't expect anybody to admit that.

Isn't just possible that the people who called you out for what you said here AREN'T the same people who said these things you call hypocritical?

Genie, I can't pm you, but you didn't actually tell me in the pm that you just sent what you were apologizing for because you are talking to me in this thread just like you did in other threads. So what in the world do you feel bad about saying to me?

I do want justice for the rape victim. Justice does not involve raping a person. You think rape can be justified, I say it is never right. Period. Justice involves this guy going to jail and never being allowed to do this again. Not being raped himself.

And it is between you and Jesus, but Jesus already said what he thought you should do and you have said you would not do that. So my question was why don't you want to follow the teachings of Jesus? Why do you say that you will not do as He commands? Time after time on Free Jinger you have declared that you would not follow the teachings of Christ. When you publically say that you are a Christian and then publically declare that you don't want to act like a Christian, then you don't get to say that your actions are just between you and Jesus. You have been hatefull and cussed at so many people all under the name of being a Christian, so it is now out in the open between all of us.

Ya know what? There would be no talking. I would've kicked the bastard in the nuts had he ever come near me again. (I was raped back in college. Thought the bastard was my friend, turns out... notsomuch.)

Her estimate was something like 1 in 1000 of claims are false, and that those tiny number of people basically ruin the system for everyone.

When journalists, police officers and lookers-on declare most rape cases questionable, they're not thinking of the one in thousand cases they've run across. Most of them have not dealt with more than 1000 cases. It's not that 1 in 1000 that 'ruins the system', it's a woman-hating rape culture.

I daresay, from the vague memory I have from a few studies, that it is more than 1 in 1000 men who commit rape. Yet we get 'women who lie about rape ruin it for the rest of them, they're the reason nobody believes rape victims!' and 'they ruin men's lives!', not 'those rapists ruin women's lives and create a society in which rape is essentially acceptable and rape victims are punished for pointing out how it really is.'

(I'm aware that you didn't say you agreed with her, but others who see this might, so I'm posting a response in the public view.)

Guest Anonymous

When journalists, police officers and lookers-on declare most rape cases questionable, they're not thinking of the one in thousand cases they've run across. Most of them have not dealt with more than 1000 cases. It's not that 1 in 1000 that 'ruins the system', it's a woman-hating rape culture.

I daresay, from the vague memory I have from a few studies, that it is more than 1 in 1000 men who commit rape. Yet we get 'women who lie about rape ruin it for the rest of them, they're the reason nobody believes rape victims!' and 'they ruin men's lives!', not 'those rapists ruin women's lives and create a society in which rape is essentially acceptable and rape victims are punished for pointing out how it really is.'

(I'm aware that you didn't say you agreed with her, but others who see this might, so I'm posting a response in the public view.)

Thank you.

People who make false claims may well ruin the lives of the people they defame. They do not 'ruin the system for everyone". The rapists are the ones who bring about ruin.

Thank you, Patsy. You said it much better than I could.

Um, by "the system" I meant the legal system. Perjury in general undermines the legal system. But I do agree that the way it plays out in society is reflective of a problem with society. As someone mentioned insurance fraud, companies double check that you're not lying, but society in general does not assume that, well, even if you DID get robbed, it was your fault for having nice things.

I am quite interested in death penalty methods and see no justification for the electric chair. It's a rather horrible way to die and can produce some seriously nasty incidents. The criteria for a DP ruling should generally be "necessary, quick, painless and rare".

Me too, I'm interested in death pen. methods. I have many books on it. Weird, I know :o . Pre-guillotine France had horrible methods; if you were a noble you'd most likely get decapitaed by axe, but it you were a commoner...Shivers down my spine.

Hey, since you're a Scot, is it true that Mary Stuart's beheading was botched because she refused to tip the executionner? True, or legend?? :whistle:

Archived