IGNORED

"Work it out with your rapist..."

muffynbear

Oh so now we have to sensitive to your feelings when it comes to terms of endearment, but yet you can engage in name calling. Can we say hypocrite? Well, honey bunches if you don't like it you can always make use of the "Foe" feature. At this point I really don't give a damn who I offend.

Even if it is Jesus? You are doing the exact opposite of what he teaches.

And are you really saying that rape is okay when people feel like the person being raped deserve it?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(blows ref's whistle) Everyone relax. GB is as entitled to post her opinion as the rest of you are to yours. To claim otherwise would be to negate the purpose of FJ, wouldn't it? (blows whistle again) Game on!

Of course she is entitled to post her opinion. Those posters who find her opinion to be full of shit are just as entitled to post their opinions.

Oh so now we have to sensitive to your feelings when it comes to terms of endearment, but yet you can engage in name calling. Can we say hypocrite? Well, honey bunches if you don't like it you can always make use of the "Foe" feature. At this point I really don't give a damn who I offend.

You never gave a damn who you offend. You just said you did so people would give you a second and third and fourh chance to be a little attention seeking troll.

There's a difference between terms of endearment and words used to portray women as less than fully functional and intelligent adults. There's also a different between calling one specific ignorant person a "dumbass" and calling an entire board of women "babies". Particularly when I'm calling you a dumbass in response to your dumbass beliefs and she's calling us "babies" because we happen to have vaginas.

Oh, and Genie isn't the first person who has been jumped on for advocating prison rape. It has happened numerous times here and through these sorts of arguments that I was able to see that advocating rape as a punishment is wrong. Rape is wrong, period. No exceptions. We do not want to turn into a country that tortures and rapes prisoners.

The moral lesson here is really "Don't talk to the cops, and for crying out loud never confess to a crime you didn't commit!", but people shouldn't be raped because they happened to be stupid. (I mean, assuming we could find a situation where people SHOULD be raped, that wouldn't be it.)

I wouldn't say stupid. Most people have the potential to be psychologically manipulated by people in a position of power.

So what excuse are you going to use this time when you apologize? I don't think you've used "this was just an experiment" yet.

For anyone interested, http://www.justdetention.org is a great site educating and advocating against the too frequent sexual assaults that occur in prisons.

JDI1.jpg

6a00d83451c45669e2014e5fbb5d1f970c-550wi

Edited to add link for anyone interested in making a donation in someone's name: https://npo.networkforgood.org/Donate/Donate.aspx?npoSubscriptionId=1003592

(blows ref's whistle) Everyone relax. GB is as entitled to post her opinion as the rest of you are to yours. To claim otherwise would be to negate the purpose of FJ, wouldn't it? (blows whistle again) Game on!

Eh?

No one is stopping her posting her opinion. She is getting disagreed with, sometimes vehemently, but no one's preventing her posting what she wants.

So what excuse are you going to use this time when you apologize? I don't think you've used "this was just an experiment" yet.

She also hasn't used "My cousin's babysitter's dog hacked me".

Guest Anonymous

I'm saying the POS who raped this young woman should get what he deserves. Throw Jesus and Christian around as much as you want. My opinion won't change. If burn in hell, then so be it. Oh, BTW I never take advice from ex-cult members especially on matters of religion.

ETA: And pictures won't change my mind either.

I'm saying the POS who raped this young woman should get what he deserves.

The problem is that you think a person can do something to deserve to be rape. What's the difference between you deciding that this guy deserves to be raped for being a rapist and someone else deciding that a woman deserves to be raped for showing her bare ankle?

Throw Jesus and Christian around as much as you want.

Hmmm... a supposed Christian who doesn't care about what Jesus would say. Not rare but usually they aren't as open about it.

Oh, BTW I never take advice from ex-cult members especially on matters of religion.

Who is this directed towards?

I'm saying the POS who raped this young woman should get what he deserves. Throw Jesus and Christian around as much as you want. My opinion won't change. If burn in hell, then so be it. Oh, BTW I never take advice from ex-cult members especially on matters of religion.

ETA: And pictures won't change my mind either.

So that pm you sent me was a lie? Really,I'm just telling you what he said. His words mean nothing to you? Does your church know that you don't care what Jesus said, you want to do it your way?

Guest Anonymous
The problem is that you think a person can do something to deserve to be rape. What's the difference between you deciding that this guy deserves to be raped for being a rapist and someone else deciding that a woman deserves to be raped for showing her bare ankle?

God, sometimes the stupidity I see here astonishes me. I'm gonna let you figure that out on your own.

Valsa, she is talking to me. She told me the exact same thing when I called her out for defending sexism. She sent me a pm on Friday saying she felt really bad for the crap she has said to me recently and that she needs to step back and realize that she has been living in a bubble where her beliefs haven't been challenged.

But it appears that was all a lie.

God, sometimes the stupidity I see here astonishes me. I'm gonna let you figure that out on your own.

But in your mind people can do things that make them deserve to be raped, correct?

Valsa, she is talking to me. She told me the exact same thing when I called her out for defending sexism. She sent me a pm on Friday saying she felt really bad for the crap she has said to me recently and that she needs to step back and realize that she has been living in a bubble where her beliefs haven't been challenged.

But it appears that was all a lie.

Thanks for clearing that up. I hate GB's passive-aggressiveness almost as much as the sexism, racism, etc itself.

I'm saying the POS who raped this young woman should get what he deserves. Throw Jesus and Christian around as much as you want. My opinion won't change. If burn in hell, then so be it.

Yes, we do know that your opinion won't change, you've made that clear. Geniebelle, the mark of a strong person is not someone who won't change her opinions.

No-one is saying that this or any rapist should not get what he deserves. We just generally, it appears, differ from you in thinking that what he deserves should be justice, not revenge, and should be administered by the legal system not by anyone, you included, with a broomstick.

Would you really administer this punishment yourself?

I am sure that if you calm down and think reasonably about this you will realise that what you said demeans you.You may not change your opinion about what you want to happen to this rapist, but can you not think about the implications for society if rape were to be the punishment for rape?

As for the name calling, I'm not calling you names. You're the one calling names and swearing, and it doesn't help you here.

" 4) Whether you meant them to demean or belittle, they are inherently demeaning, belittling, and infantilizing towards women. Not to long along we had a huge thread about not calling women "girls" and I find "babies", "hon" and "dear" far worse than "girls". "

Then I suggest you stay out of Jersey diners. I can't tell you the number of times I've been referred to by one of the above terms - and by female waitstaff half my age. Maybe I'm just from an older generation, or have some of you just been so bullied and demeaned by that you automatically jump to that conclusion? Either way, I think we've detoured from the point of the thread - namely, that an institution acted in such a manner toward the victim of a sex crime.

I do not believe you said this.

1) You are stereotyping homosexual men as abusive rapists, and also implying that they are likely to be criminal.

In male prisons, the absence of women actually does result in straight men picking the smaller men to be "the wife" or "the bitch," and gay men are more likely to be victims. Forcing the "wife/bitch" to give blow jobs and anal rape are common in prisons, including "gang rapes." These men aren't always gay (probably rarely are since someone openly gay is a target and some prisons are starting to keep gay men separate from the general population for their own safety), they're just not satisfied with hand jobs, so, if they're going to be there for pretty much the rest of their lives anyway, what's going to happen if they rape another man to get his rocks off?

This woman has been raped, so hey, let's add fuel to the fire by victim-blaming and forcing her to face him again! The way rape victims are treated is disturbing, really. A few years ago, I was mugged, assaulted, and robbed by the same man who raped another young woman in the same neighborhood (where I no longer live) earlier that night. The offenses were tried together, since they occurred on the same night in close proximity, and he was convicted on three counts of sexual assault and one count of robbery. Well, the case recently came up for appeal and one of the defense's contentions was that the state's motion invoking the Rape Shield Statute (barring questioning about the victim's prior sexual activity) should not have been granted. That part REALLY pissed me off. That girl's prior sexual activity has not a damn thing to do with the fact that this man raped her not once, not twice, but three times. She wasn't "asking for it," she did not give anything resembling consent, and the forensic evidence was not impacted by prior sexual activity. Luckily, the circuit court judgment was affirmed, but I got really mad about that part - if the defense had had their way, she would have been subject to questioning and judgment about her sexual history, as if this whole mess isn't traumatic enough.

This pisses me off. Even prostitutes have the right to say no, and forcing sex anyway is rape. There should be a law that prior sexual activity can not be brought up in court if it doesn't directly involve that case (the only exception I can see would be if a couple had sex simulating rape - it happens and it's considered a "kink" with a safe word which, for those who don't know, is the word that means "stop" since yelling stop and no during this type of sex is part of the "thrill", so the code word, say, "pineapple", would be said to mean, "I really mean to stop now," and one time she couldn't remember the word but thought he should know she meant to stop that time, and while a lot of people don't like the thought of simulating rape for thrills, if the participants went into it willingly, then that's their choice - the outcome is a grey area since no mean no, but what do you do when it's agreed another word means no and the word no otherwise means yes?).

Guest Anonymous

Well lookie here, aren't these nice little finds from the "I Don't Understand How This Man Isn't In Jail tread from the Chatter forum:

Arrest Zimmerman and fry his ass

I hope that fucker fries.

I won't travel to a certain area of Florida anymore. A relative has a concealed weapons permit and a cache of guns he can legally carry. After visiting with him and some of his neighbors who live in a upper middle class area, I found out that every last one of them carried guns on their persons at all times. The crime rate in the area is not as bad as it used to be, but just knowing how paranoid they are and how easy it is to get a permit to carry, I don't feel safe.

I particularly loved the dialog about Zimmerman's race/ethnicity .

Now where's all the outrage for this (rhetorical question)? I mean you want him to die, make remarks that could be construed as racist, and make derogatory remarks about certain places. And now people want to jump on my ass about my comments on what should happen to a POS rapist? If it weren't for the fact that these are 2 very sad cases, this would be hilarious.

or have some of you just been so bullied and demeaned by that you automatically jump to that conclusion?

Gee, that's original. Odd how you can't seem to fathom that just because something is common doesn't mean it's not offensive. I'm pretty sure a few decades ago calling a black man "boy" was common in some places of the country, but that doesn't mean it wasn't offensive as hell.

Is it really that hard to see that calling an adult woman you don't know (or any that you do know but who hasn't given you permission to do so) "girl", "baby", "honey", "sweetie", "dear" is a problem? Especially the first two, as they imply she is a child and should be treated as such? I don't think the ones who see this as a problem are the ones who've been demeaned.

In male prisons, the absence of women actually does result in straight men picking the smaller men to be "the wife" or "the bitch," and gay men are more likely to be victims. Forcing the "wife/bitch" to give blow jobs and anal rape are common in prisons, including "gang rapes." These men aren't always gay (probably rarely are since someone openly gay is a target and some prisons are starting to keep gay men separate from the general population for their own safety), they're just not satisfied with hand jobs, so, if they're going to be there for pretty much the rest of their lives anyway, what's going to happen if they rape another man to get his rocks off?

I do know this - my point was that I think Geniebelle doesn't, and is stereotyping.

Cindy

Maybe I'm just from an older generation, or have some of you just been so bullied and demeaned by that you automatically jump to that conclusion?

I'm 50, 51 later this year. How old are you?

The bolded bit -

And your point is?

Geniebelle, why not put the shovel down. The hole's just geting deeper.

School systems can really suck at punishment. They can be super biased about who they help and don't.

A year or two ago a cheerleader was raped by a varsity basketball player, and he was found guilty of a minor sexual assault and basically walked. At a game, she refused to cheer his name, and the school suspended her for her "impertinence" and she was kicked off the squad. It went to court, the judge sided with the school and she should have cheered for her rapist, and she was ordered to pay the school's legal expenses. Activists raised the money so she wouldn't have to, but it just goes to show that schools can't be counted on to protect students.

http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2011/09 ... rape-case/

Archived