IGNORED

Janis from lil peas in my pod says she's done

samurai_sarah

lilpeasinmypodfromgod.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/hey-everyone.html

She's experiencing some serious trouble with her latest pregnancy, so she's decided it'll be her last.

ETA: Sorry, just realized that someone else has already posted about this in another thread. My apologies, and maybe the moderators could just merge this thread with the "Baby Season" one?

edited to fix riffles

I haven't fallen off the map or lost my sanity or anything crazy

:lol:

(isn't she called Crazy Janis here?)

Good news, man about to get snipped. Excellent. Until they change their mind three weeks afterward, or she decides to add boyfriends to the girlfriend mix.

Did you see the comment from a reader at her blog?

Married to the Military said...

I was wondering if you were alive. I had emailed you a few times but I didn't hear back. I am glad to know that all is well.

I am jealous your hubby is getting fixed, I wish that mine would!

Sweetie, you need to tell him that either he goes for the snip or you do it yourself with a couple of house bricks.

As long as she doesn't become full-on fundy again before the procedure she may just follow through with her decision.

I don't understand a husband who will so willingly follow every whim of their wives (and vice versa). The changes that she makes when she starts a new lifestyle is extreme and has to greatly change his life as well. I would not be willing to change my entire way of living every time my husband decided that he has figured out the way the world should live. Fool me once...

I've tried to read her blog but I can never catch up on it all! I saw one year she was a homeschooler then at the top it says they go to public schools? Which is it does she go back and forth?

I've read that Wyatt has had surgeries for something not sure what..and also has special needs but I couldn't find what his dx was.

I've tried to read her blog but I can never catch up on it all! I saw one year she was a homeschooler then at the top it says they go to public schools? Which is it does she go back and forth?

I've read that Wyatt has had surgeries for something not sure what..and also has special needs but I couldn't find what his dx was.

They're currently in PS. She tried about 7 different methods of homeschooling. Seriously.

Sweetie, you need to tell him that either he goes for the snip or you do it yourself with a couple of house bricks.

Luckily my husband offered to get the snip because he realized that surgery for him was not a big deal whereas a tubal was more trouble. However, I would never threaten violence if he refused to get an elective procedure that would leave him sterile. I don't know if you were kidding or not, but just in case it's just as wrong to threaten a man about his fertility as it is to do it to a woman. If the woman in the comments wants to stop having kids maybe she should seek out things she can do to stop that.

Luckily my husband offered to get the snip because he realized that surgery for him was not a big deal whereas a tubal was more trouble. However, I would never threaten violence if he refused to get an elective procedure that would leave him sterile. I don't know if you were kidding or not, but just in case it's just as wrong to threaten a man about his fertility as it is to do it to a woman. If the woman in the comments wants to stop having kids maybe she should seek out things she can do to stop that.

I agree, if a woman really is done, she'll probably arrange for the tubal, and if she gets a C-section, then it would be even easier since that could be done before they sew her up after the baby is delivered.

Yes, I was kidding. When hubby had the snip I told him either he went, or we would just have to get used to condoms. I explained that a tubal was a bigger surgery with a longer recovery and I pointed out that I had done my part in being pregnant twice. He was fine about it and it was him that suggested the snip anyway. Made more sense as the pill isn't a permanent solution and it always sent my cycles haywire. I already had very heavy bleeding (didn't know it, but I had endo) so I wasn't keen on having the coil put back in. It was either condoms or surgical. He didn't like condoms, although we used them until he got the snip done.

I'll believe it when I see a Drs note Saying someone was snipped! Janis can't make up her mind about anything, she'll be quiverful in a month or so.

I bet he will get snipped but..... like alot of other fundie's they will decide they want more in a year or 2 and get a reversal.

I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for Janis. Maybe it is because I think she has a legitimate mental illness - and since she does not beat her kdis into submission or anything, I have never hated her. I hope for her sake and her kids sakes this is it, and that her H does get snipped. It sounds like her heart issues are relatively serious and future pregnancies could seriously put her in danger. Not to mention she just does not need anymore kids with her mental instability.

I bet he will get snipped but..... like alot of other fundie's they will decide they want more in a year or 2 and get a reversal.

From what I understand, (from a friend of mine who is a RE) the BEST option for long term is an IUD. That way if you "change your mind" all the doc does is pull it out. And its permanent in the sense that it'll last 5-7 years.

From what I understand, (from a friend of mine who is a RE) the BEST option for long term is an IUD. That way if you "change your mind" all the doc does is pull it out. And its permanent in the sense that it'll last 5-7 years.

but you can still get pregnant with an IUD (Maybe it's better since then but I knew a lady whose 2 children where ooops IUDs)

but you can still get pregnant with an IUD (Maybe it's better since then but I knew a lady whose 2 children where ooops IUDs)

You can get pregnant w/ a tubal and a vasectomy as well. His point is that if you're at all thinking about "maybe" having one more someday to not do anything permanent and that even if you DONT want kids ever again, its only every 5 years you'd have to worry about replacing the thing. Sometimes with tubals the tubes will reconnect. :o That and if you get a tubal, you have to go under- and if you're having bad effects from an IUD, it can be removed in 15 minutes. It may have something to do with him having to counsel patients who want it reversed and how much of a PITA it is to reverse and then have difficulty getting pregnant successfully pregnant afterwards.

Really the only for sure way to never get pregnant ever again is to remove your ovaries and uterus. :)

Archived