IGNORED

Doug On Contraceptives

debrand

What Mrs. Pelosi and feminists are saying is that this “conscience thing,†this inalienable right to religious liberty, this inalienable right to life vested in the hundreds of thousands of children that are murdered each year, must be surrendered in order to protect the rare case that a women may attempt to kill herself through an illegal abortion

Yes, we all now how little regard Doug and his kind have for women's lifes.

But Anthony Picarello, general counsel for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, aptly pointed out that there is no room for compromise on this issue. Picarello explained, “That means removing the provision from the health care law altogether, not simply changing it for Catholic employers and their insurers.†Picarello’s point is this: A Christian employer who owns a plumbing company or any other non-religious related organization is afforded no exemption under the revised policy and is still on the hook to provide and pay for insurance coverage that covers abortion pills. There’s no opt-out for him

This makes me very angry. What they are asking is that Christians be excluded from the law. That makes Christians a special and protected class even though they are already in the majority. It puts the right wing Christians above the law because they don't have to follow the same rules as everyone else. They want their own version of Sharia.

Further, while at first glance it might appear that the President’s compromise would alleviate religiously affiliated organizations from paying for abortions, it will not do so in practice. It is a mere redistribution of death. Someone has to pay the enormous cost for the contraception that women are receiving at “no cost†to themselves. The insurance company will simply raise their premiums to the religious groups that have plans with them to cover the shortfall. While there may be no “line item†in the official agreement between the parties indicating that the insurance plan under contract provides contraceptives and abortifacients, the religious groups will end up paying for it nonetheless

Insurance companies will use any excuse to raise their price. However, birth control does save them money.

Let’s call the President’s mandate what it is: tyranny. In essence, the United States government has decreed that women have a right to murder their children, and that Christian employers and insurance providers must bear the expense.

Religious affiliated organizations should not feel relieved just because the tyrannical mandate to shoulder blood money was purportedly passed on to another institution — the insurance company. They cannot wash their hands of the affair, because, in the end, they will be footing the bill for contraceptives and the morning after

http://www.visionforum.com/news/blogs/d ... 2/02/9951/

I didn't break the link because I know that his interns already read our site.

Even if you disagree with abortion and see it as murder, Obama's law is not mandating that insurance companies pay for abortions. It mandates that they pay for birth control pills. Preventing a pregnancy is not the same as ending one. Are they seriously this ignorant?

Even if you disagree with abortion and see it as murder, Obama's law is not mandating that insurance companies pay for abortions. It mandates that they pay for birth control pills. Preventing a pregnancy is not the same as ending one. Are they seriously this ignorant?

Yes. Apparently, they are.

Hopefully, this will backfire on them and people will leave both the Republican party and evangelical or right wing churches.

The problem is that there's a subset of these religious fundamentalists (and I include Catholics with fundamentalist tendencies in this group) who truly believe that the Pill has the potential to prevent implantation of a fertilized egg, thus being a tiny little abortion. And we can't let the wimmens do something so awful, now can we? :x

Someone needs to make it very clear that offering a BENEFIT means that benefit (and any actions taken with it) are purely the employee's responsibility. Any sinning involved is purely up to the employee. Once you offer something in exchange for work, it's no longer YOURS.

Otherwise it's only a very small step before Doug and his ilk start claiming that Christian employers should have the right to require their employees not drink, because heavens, they could be using their wages to buy the demon rum. It's nuts.

The compromise as offered by Obama works fine - you have to provide insurance, as an employer. END of story. Then separately from that, all insurance needs to cover contraception.

That's TWO FARKING LAYERS of removal from Dear Fundie's twisted knickers. It should be enough.

Otherwise it's only a very small step before Doug and his ilk start claiming that Christian employers should have the right to require their employees not drink, because heavens, they could be using their wages to buy the demon rum.

They already do, at least some. When my parents taught at a Christian school, they had to sign papers stating they wouldn't drink, dance, play cards, etc.

I'm pro-life. You're right. There is NOTHING saying there should be an abortion-coverage mandate. (Here's the shocking thing - I think that, as long as it's legal, it should be covered, and the way to change something isn't by trying to limit access to legal medical stuff, but to change the law itself, and for something like this, it means basically tossing birth control at people every three feet and making sure they know how to use it and taking harder stands against sex-criminals.)

I can't stand the talk about how Obama's trying to make employers pay for abortions when it is NOT TRUE. More pro-lifers should be IN FAVOR of easier access to birth control to PREVENT a pregnancy from happening in the first place, which would lessen the number of women seeking abortions in the first place.

I thin k the fundies think if everyone had as many children as possible somehow it would make the world a better place. No one seems to be able to see what the past was like.

More pro-lifers should be IN FAVOR of easier access to birth control to PREVENT a pregnancy from happening in the first place, which would lessen the number of women seeking abortions in the first place.

I agree.

I thin k the fundies think if everyone had as many children as possible somehow it would make the world a better place. No one seems to be able to see what the past was like.

Some of the "Fundies" have alot of kids because they believe scripture commands it. Not to make the world a better place. I grew up in this mindset, but don't believe the same.

My parents said "This is what we believe scripture commands and we don't want to miss out on God's blessings in our children"

My parents had 8 kids. And I couldn't imagine life without just one of my siblings. My parents were not out to "improve the world". They were just doing what they thought they should be doing.

As a married woman though my husband and I are not convinced that having a boat-load of kids is exactly a terrific idea or commanded in scripture. We do want a family....just not THAT big!

Some of the "Fundies" have alot of kids because they believe scripture commands it. Not to make the world a better place. I grew up in this mindset, but don't believe the same.

My parents said "This is what we believe scripture commands and we don't want to miss out on God's blessings in our children"

My parents had 8 kids. And I couldn't imagine life without just one of my siblings. My parents were not out to "improve the world". They were just doing what they thought they should be doing.

As a married woman though my husband and I are not convinced that having a boat-load of kids is exactly a terrific idea or commanded in scripture. We do want a family....just not THAT big!

no your right. I mean they think large families are gods solutions to the worlds problems. Just look at santorum wanting people to have more children. the duggers wanting people to have more children. Plus more children keep the woman at home or so they believe.

Archived