IGNORED

TMI on Facebook for Virgina Senator

tankgirl

A rather unique strategy was taken on the Senator's facebook, it seems since he thinks the goverment needs to know so much about what is going on with Virgina's uteri, the ladies decided to help him, with first hand knowledge such as;

Hi senator. I seem to be irregular and my cramping is pretty bad- so bad that I can't sleep at night or get anything done. Imagine being repeatedly kicked in the crotch for hours, but move the pain up to the whole lower abdomen, because that's the only way I can describe it to someone who doesn't have a uterus that can cramp so badly that it restricts blood flow to surrounding tissues. I thought you would be concerned.

They already scrubed the page, but you can post again. Here is an article from Jezebel on it

http://jezebel.com/5893040/smartasses-d ... na-updates

Hilarious. I think this very clearly highlights the big paradox about all these women's health issues: on the one hand, these legislators want complete control of women's bodies, but on the other hand they're mostly middle-aged men who really don't want to know anything about any woman's bodily functions, because periods are gross!!1

He changed his FB page so you can't leave comments anymore. I don't get it, I thought the politicians were soooo concerned about women's health. I also thought that they had medical degrees so they could make informed decisions on our behalf. What's with the silence on his page??? [/sarcasm]

He changed his FB page so you can't leave comments anymore. I don't get it, I thought the politicians were soooo concerned about women's health. I also thought that they had medical degrees so they could make informed decisions on our behalf. What's with the silence on his page??? [/sarcasm]

I need the like button!

It looks to me like you can still leave a comment on one of his posts, or on one of his pictures. I am screwing up my nerve now....

If you look at the top post on his wall it shows hundreds of comments, but if you try to view them there is about 5 showing. I suspect that is where all the fun was happening.

ETA guess things are still in theory happening, this morning (UK time) I saw a few comments still posted and about 400 comments listened on the first post. Now, no comments show but it's getting close to 700 comments listed posted. Poor little interns deleteing away.

lol from the comments:

His email's on his facebook page. I don't know who reads it, but I'm gonna send him a doozy.

Great idea! I think we should flood every senator, representative and governor who votes for this shit graphic women's health questions, all prefaced with, "Since you know best about my body, someone you don't even know, I thought I would ask you some questions."

lol from the comments:

Great idea! I think we should flood every senator, representative and governor who votes for this shit graphic women's health questions, all prefaced with, "Since you know best about my body, someone you don't even know, I thought I would ask you some questions."

Yes! Great idea; I'm in PA where they're discussing one of the most far-reaching ultrasounds bills yet. The monitor has to be turned toward the woman and she is to be given copies of the scan. They did take out the trans-vaginal part, and the vote has been delayed, but Corbett has said he will sign it if it comes to his desk. His response to making the woman face the monitor? "Well, she can just close her eyes."

ETA. Yea! 50 posts, 25 more to go

There is a typo in the title of this thread that I love and celebrate as the finest sleight of the typographical hand I've seen all week.

There is a typo in the title of this thread that I love and celebrate as the finest sleight of the typographical hand I've seen all week.

:laughing-rolling:

Yes! Great idea; I'm in PA where they're discussing one of the most far-reaching ultrasounds bills yet. The monitor has to be turned toward the woman and she is to be given copies of the scan. They did take out the trans-vaginal part, and the vote has been delayed, but Corbett has said he will sign it if it comes to his desk. His response to making the woman face the monitor? "Well, she can just close her eyes."

ETA. Yea! 50 posts, 25 more to go

I am in PA and had no idea this was happening. Of course the news here is hockey and football. Why would we give a damn about anything that matters.

Archived