IGNORED

Rebecca Loomis STILL not pregnant??

Lady Elaine

She's still looking slim and trim in the 4th of July pictures. It's been over a year of marriage for them with one miscarriage (that we know of). I'm sure she's having a hard time with it. :(

Actually, to me she doesn't look nearly as thin as she used to. Not that she looks pregnant, per se, just that she doesn't look like her old willowy self in the newest photo.

I am sympathetic, but then I remember a (stunningly self-righteous) comment she posted on her family's blog, years ago, that read:

God is judging the ungodly by giving them what they desire--no children.

(I went back and looked it up because I didn't want to inaccurately paraphrase it.)

Ahem.

Sometimes nasty words have a way of coming back to haunt us ... I do hope she grows up a little.

Actually, to me she doesn't look nearly as thin as she used to. Not that she looks pregnant, per se, just that she doesn't look like her old willowy self in the newest photo.

I am sympathetic, but then I remember a (stunningly self-righteous) comment she posted on her family's blog, years ago, that read:

(I went back and looked it up because I didn't want to inaccurately paraphrase it.)

Ahem.

It's both hateful AND makes no sense. If people don't want children, how is permitting them to remain in the state they prefer a judgment or punishment? One would think God would judge the ungodly by giving them what they don't desire - lots of children.

Was this badly stated way of saying that if one is infertile, one is clearly not Godly enough and must not want children enough to be blessed with them? Because if that is what she meant, I genuinely don't hope her own words don't come back to haunt her.

It's both hateful AND makes no sense. If people don't want children, how is permitting them to remain in the state they prefer a judgment or punishment? One would think God would judge the ungodly by giving them what they don't desire - lots of children.

Was this badly stated way of saying that if one is infertile, one is clearly not Godly enough and must not want children enough to be blessed with them? Because if that is what she meant, I genuinely don't hope her own words don't come back to haunt her.

Yes, exactly. I don't know what she meant, but I do know that the remark is smug, mean-spirited, graceless, and arrogant.

I wonder if she remembers thinking or saying it, and if she has any more perspective now. I suppose "godliness" is no insurance against infertility.

Well I guess that we now all know, Rebecca Loomis is not a godly woman. :roll: I wonder if she forgot she ever said that. I doubt it because that is probably what she believes in her heart of hearts.

As the Japanese say, "Bachi, Rebecca."

Bachi = what goes around comes around.

Guest Anonymous

I think I understand what Rebecca is saying in her 2006 comment that God punishes the ungodly by granting their desire for no children. In the context of the original post and the comment to which she is responding, it seems that she is saying the failure to be fruitful and multiply carries with it dire consequences, which the ungodly will have to suffer. If you fail to reproduce sufficiently, then other groups will take over and you will be a minority. For example, the French (referred to in the preceding comment to which Rebecca is responding) are reaping what they have sown. God allowed them to reduce their fertility significantly and now they are slowly becoming outnumbered by Muslims, who are allegedly taking over their country. It's another version of the theory that feminists will die out due to their failure to have enough babies. She's basically saying, "Be careful what you wish for."

I am sure she distinguishes herself from ungodly women like us who try to control their fertility. Her situation is more akin to Job's. She is in submission to God's will but he has chosen not to give her her desire for mysterious reasons of his own. Going through infertility will help refine and temper her soul as she learns what it really means to submit to God's will rather than her own. And not to mention that she will continue to have faith that one day her desire will be granted, like the elderly Sarah (hey Bible scholars, it was Sarah, right?) who was given a child in old age.

Look, she's clearly batshit crazy. Or more accurately, she has fully absorbed the indoctrination of her batshit crazy elders. But I can follow her chain of reasoning, such as it is.

Guest Anonymous

I am fascinated by Rebecca's description of a number of like-minded families independently deciding to create a little Army for God in roughly 1980. I wish I knew a little more about Marcus and Cheryl Serven's story.

Also, the sheer arrogance of thinking you are part of some foundational generation to rebuild society is mind-boggling. They never stop and think that maybe, just maybe, they are completely wrong about this?

What an arrogant ignorant slag she is. Wow indeed. I think Lady Saw has a few things to say to Miss Rebecca:

I am fascinated by Rebecca's description of a number of like-minded families independently deciding to create a little Army for God in roughly 1980. I wish I knew a little more about Marcus and Cheryl Serven's story.

Also, the sheer arrogance of thinking you are part of some foundational generation to rebuild society is mind-boggling. They never stop and think that maybe, just maybe, they are completely wrong about this?

:angelic-halofell: I don't think history is their strong point. If it was they would realize the Puritan's great grandkids became Unitarians in the late 18th and early 19th century........

Guest Anonymous

Well, considering that these people are generally in complete denial about the deism and Unitarianism of the Founding Fathers, yeah . . .

Ahem.

Imagine, giving me what I want but couching it in judgment. You know, whether judgement or granting my own desires or, me taking action to accomplish my own choices, I have not and will not have kids. That wacky god, what a character he is.

...and it appears that the comment has been removed.

No, it's still there. It's part of the last comment left by "The S*rven Clan."

Doomed Harlot's explanation makes sense to me, insofar as fundie thinking can make sense. I don't think that Rebecca is crazy, though. Not like ZsuZsu or the like. She is just a Kool-Aid drinker who seems never to have questioned any of the batshit crazy things her father teaches.

I think I understand what Rebecca is saying in her 2006 comment that God punishes the ungodly by granting their desire for no children. In the context of the original post and the comment to which she is responding, it seems that she is saying the failure to be fruitful and multiply carries with it dire consequences, which the ungodly will have to suffer. If you fail to reproduce sufficiently, then other groups will take over and you will be a minority. For example, the French (referred to in the preceding comment to which Rebecca is responding) are reaping what they have sown. God allowed them to reduce their fertility significantly and now they are slowly becoming outnumbered by Muslims, who are allegedly taking over their country. It's another version of the theory that feminists will die out due to their failure to have enough babies. She's basically saying, "Be careful what you wish for."

I am sure she distinguishes herself from ungodly women like us who try to control their fertility. Her situation is more akin to Job's. She is in submission to God's will but he has chosen not to give her her desire for mysterious reasons of his own. Going through infertility will help refine and temper her soul as she learns what it really means to submit to God's will rather than her own. And not to mention that she will continue to have faith that one day her desire will be granted, like the elderly Sarah (hey Bible scholars, it was Sarah, right?) who was given a child in old age.

Look, she's clearly batshit crazy. Or more accurately, she has fully absorbed the indoctrination of her batshit crazy elders. But I can follow her chain of reasoning, such as it is.

Wow, I would never have reached that conclusion on my own. Thanks for clearing that up. I seriously think you should charge us for Fundie to English translations since Babelfish is of no help. ;)

Well, she may not be pregnant, but her face has certainly filled out:

266288_10150246681174626_674534625_6989857_1621891_o-2.jpg

I don't know if her sweater's just baggy, but it does look a little "round" near the stomach area.

I don't know if her sweater's just baggy, but it does look a little "round" near the stomach area.

I thought her shirt looked a little poofy around the stomach in the 4th of July picture. She doesn't look happy here. Her smile doesn't look genuine, and her eyes are somewhat dead.

Archived