IGNORED

How to be a creepy stalker by the Anonymous Antagonist.

formergothardite

His list of how to be a gentleman is basically a list on how to scare off any lady near you. Some examples:

9. never allows the rejection of his offers to a lady keep him from asking again and again and even to the same lady.

Um, if she is rejecting you over and over, it is time to let it go. Don't be a Taliban Tony.

15. offers the front seat of a car to the lady first. If she denies, he must insist.

The lady must do as you say or else? Maybe she doesn't want to sit in the front seat. Are women too stupid to know what they really want?

16. always insists and persists to assist a lady

Creepy! Maybe she doesn't really want you to stalk and harass her.

18. does not speak rudely to a lady or insult her.

Violated this one himself. He called the women here all sorts of names.

21. respects a lady's opinion and does not mock it or her in any way.

Violated this one too when he wrote nasty thing about the women here.

35. does not treat a lady like she can do nothing, but rather offers his willing heart in humble service to her every day.

It doesn't sound like he would accept it if the lady doesn't want his humble service.

He seemed to leave out a key element of being a gentleman: Accepting that a lady doesn't always want his help and doesn't get upset when she wants to do things herself.

wilsonftw.blogspot.com/

That's just rich. Can't snark any better than you did already!

Oh, and the Antagonist would totally claim that what he says doesn't apply to us, because we aren't "ladies". I've found that fundies will say that "ladies" have to be treated like delicate flowers, but that the evil feminists are just wannabe men, so we don't deserve the respect that is due to "real ladies".

18. does not speak rudely to a lady or insult her.

Violated this one himself. He called the women here all sorts of names.

21. respects a lady's opinion and does not mock it or her in any way.

Violated this one too when he wrote nasty thing about the women here.

I don't think this guy sees women like us as "ladies" deserving of his "respect"...

But yeah, what a creep! I'm headed to read the whole thing now...

See if they say that, then they are in clear violation of what Jesus did. Jesus wasn't all "Only show respect for people you like."

Nah, he is way too much of a coward to show up and the last friends he sent were under 18 and got banned.

But aren't a lot of fundies' behaviors contrary to what the Bible and/or Jesus command? Why would "Do unto others" be any different? The Church of Pick'N'Choose is seeming to be a mighty popular choice these days...

21. respects a lady's opinion

Unless that opinion is that she doesn't want to ride in the front seat, doesn't want your assistance, and/or is rejecting you.

What about the woman in the short skirt in the picture labeled "true gentlemen"? Do you think he told her she was being too flirtatious?

Ok, live read

9. What if they tell him to f off and punch him in the face after the 5 th rejection? Would he go in again and be threatened with a gun?

15. And if she says no, she says no. If my date tried this out on me, they would get kicked in their happy place.

16. Me: Well, I've been meaning to practice some soccer? Will you help me? *le kick of balls*

18. Oops, we do that every day!

21. We do that too! Bad FJers! *switches and pushes in pond ala Pearls*

35. Well, if you need a list by some creeper to teach you how to be a gentlemen, who's the real man in this relationship?

9. What if they tell him to f off and punch him in the face after the 5 th rejection? Would he go in again and be threatened with a gun?

No, in that case he'll call her a bitch and go whine to his buddies about the feminazi who pitched a fit when he was just trying to be a Nice Guy.

Gawd, could this kid get any creepier? Look at the words he uses; "insist", "persist", and "allow". They've got sex offender written all over them. I feel like offering to get him a blow-up doll, as that will be the only "female" that will live up to his sicko fantasies.

Gawd, could this kid get any creepier? Look at the words he uses; "insist", "persist", and "allow". They've got sex offender written all over them. I feel like offering to get him a blow-up doll, as that will be the only "female" that will live up to his sicko fantasies.

It kind of reminds me of Bundy, in some ways. The way he talks...

After reading all of the other tips, 35 is just bullshit. What CAN a lady do for herself? I mean, it's nice to open doors for people, walk with them at night through uncertain places, and all that but if you're "insisting" and "persisting" you're not leaving much room for her to actually do anything, and really it's as though women can't do anything for themselves. Talk about treating women like young children- it's so adorable when these little creatures can't do anything for themselves, but want to act like they're so grown up! We should let them pretend they're grown-ups but still be around to help them! :roll:

I also got a bit of that Stereotypical Nice Guy vibe: if she accepts your help, she totally owes you sex and if she doesn't want the dick she's a selfish bitch.

Hilariously enough, under the "Popular Posts" category on the right side, he has a link to an entry where he declares his love for Emma Watson. Who plays Hermione in the Harry Potter movies, and is actually a lot like her. I don't think either one would tolerate such behavior.

After reading all of the other tips, 35 is just bullshit. What CAN a lady do for herself?

Apparently we can't even carry our own coats. I'll admit, I sometimes hand my coat to a friend or family member if I have to do something that requires that both my hands are free, but I've never been burdened by having to hold a coat.

Oh course Miss Raquel posted that she squealed with joy (should be fear) when she read the list. I'm telling you, these two will end up married.

Oh course Miss Raquel posted that she squealed with joy (should be fear) when she read the list. I'm telling you, these two will end up married

Quelle horreur! (

Kinda sounds like a Lina and TT love match but a bit different pathology.

Guest Anonymous

Being from the south, I get the whole being a gentleman thing. We just consider it good manners, nothing more. Having said that, this dude scares me. He isn't being polite. He's trying to put women in their place, and based on what I've read, it sounds like he would forcibly do so (and probably has). That is a far cry from a man who is just trying to be polite, and a polite man will back off when told his assistance isn't needed even if he's just opening a door.

It kind of reminds me of Bundy, in some ways. The way he talks...

Bundy or Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. He might as well have a rule that says "A gentleman always makes sure he's knocked a lady completely unconcious before he drags her into the back of his van".

It took me until I was an adult to realize that polite manners are not a series of rules to follow but simple being considerate of the other person's feelings. There is nothing wrong with offering to open the door for someone but it is rude to insist or get offended if that person does not want your help. I've been on other forums were the men started a gripe fest over the fact that some woman dared ask them not to hold the door for them. I've never understood that.

To be honest, I did something nearly as rude because I insisted on following the polite rules that I had been taught. There was an older woman who did not want to be called, "ma'am" but I had been taught that was what respectful people called adults. So, I insisted on calling her ma'am. I know realize that I was being rude to the point of obnoxiousness.

A.A probably does not realize that he is being scary but I'm surprised that any of this commentors aren't calling him on his behavior. If a woman does not want assistance, it is rude to force your help on her.

16. always insists and persists to assist a lady.

Just in case any of those young ladies come here... There have been women who have been raped or killed because someone offered to 'help' them load groceries into their car or to carry something for them. That is why A.A's insistence on forcing his help on a woman concerns us.

Besides, it is disrespectful. If a woman says no thanks, he should just drop the subject without any sign of annoyance. The goal of good manners is to make the other person feel comfortable and respected not to pat yourself on the back for being polite.

There have been women who have been raped or killed because someone offered to 'help' them load groceries into their car or to carry something for them.

Exactly. I loved when I first read in The Gift of Fear (years and years ago) that it was okay and even a smart move to turn down help. I think many women feel obligated to accept help, even when it makes them feel uncomfortable.

Archived