IGNORED

Maxwells Extreme Even by Conservative Christian Standards

kpmom

I found this thread a few months back on the Well-Trained Mind forums.

Some FJers were mentioning today on another thread that the Maxwells are extreme even compared to some of the "out there" fundies we talk about here.

It seems the very conservative women on the Well-Trained Mind forums agree!

An interesting read;

welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150618

That is an interesting read. In my years on the fundie-farm, I saw people who were somewhat on the order of the VF crowd, but I've never seen anything like the Maxwells. I hadn't heard of them before starting to lurk at the old board, but as I read about them, it really seems like there's an element of mental illness mixed with the conservative religious philosophy.

They believe things like ATI and VF promote mixing and take away from God by allowing their followers options for recreation and fun-every single damn thing and idea and activity must be kept within the family alone for true Christianity to occur is what they believe in a nut shell.

They believe things like ATI and VF promote mixing and take away from God by allowing their followers options for recreation and fun-every single damn thing and idea and activity must be kept within the family alone for true Christianity to occur is what they believe in a nut shell.

And they are missing the real meaning of joy by doing so.

That is an interesting read. In my years on the fundie-farm, I saw people who were somewhat on the order of the VF crowd, but I've never seen anything like the Maxwells. I hadn't heard of them before starting to lurk at the old board, but as I read about them, it really seems like there's an element of mental illness mixed with the conservative religious philosophy.

Ditto here when I was homeschooling. But then, I think people who have the Maxwells' attitude are not coming to co-ops, etc.

Thanks for the link.

Very interesting read, and very believable - people who've met or seen them over the years see the isolationism increasing. They also see it for the unhealthy practice that it is.

Thanks for the link.

Very interesting read, and very believable - people who've met or seen them over the years see the isolationism increasing. They also see it for the unhealthy practice that it is.

I wonder if any of these homeschoolers have reached out to the Maxwells in some way? I don't know if they would be receptive to help from others-- and I am talking about other conservative Christians here-- but it might be worth a try.

Archived