IGNORED

My family thinks trans are child molesters apparently.

sippin0nsunshine

jl2l1z.png

Needless to say I'm pretty ticked at this idea my sister and cousin have that trans people are child molesters. :evil:

One of my sisters friends replied after I took the screenshot and really surprised me:

What does trans have to do with being a child molester. I personally don't care if a trans female used the ladies bathroom. She ain't attracted to me anyway, and I highly doubt the want to molest kids. Child molestors are heterosexual perverts.not trans people. But I understand why ur worried. It's hard for some people to understand what not their norm. But don't worry. A trans is the last person u should worry about molesting kids.

At least someone has a sense of reason.

I too am sometimes shocked at the narrow mindedness of some of my friends and family members.

Most parents go to the bathroom with very young children. So, I am not certain what danger your family is afraid will happen. Children can be molested by people wearing the clothing that is traditionally male or female. How does wearing a certain article of clothing make you more or less likely to molest someone?

By the way, the few cases that I have heard of children being molested in public bathrooms, involved young boys being abused by men in the men's bathrooms.

I think that children would be most protected if we got over the fear of seeing someone else accidentally naked and had bathrooms that were not segregated by sex.

Yeah, according to my family, gay people should be celibate and trans people should just suffer in a body that's not right. They then show me stories of "ex-gays" and "statistics" about how %50 of "all post op transsexuals commit suicide". And then I get told "why do you post such "CONTROVERSIAL" things on facebook"

I'm sorry, equal rights for my friends is NOT CONTROVERSIAL. Would you say that rights for bi-racial couples were controversial? because its really similar in how people used to get (and sadly some people still do) bigoted and hateful about it. And of course they claim no its "not the same, what do you think we are? racists"....

I suppose I should just stop posting my opinion but I"m sorry, my page my rules.

What's more, why does having a sign that say "Women" or "Men" on the door actually stop people of the other sex from entering. A man can easily enter a women's bathroom, hide there and wait before attacking somebody and vice versa. Hell, we'd all be safer with gender neutral bathrooms, because it would be more likely that other people would be around.

Single sex bathrooms don't necessarily keep children safe. If they're so concerned about their children's safety, they should consider that before making baseless accusations against transpeople who probably just want to pee.

What's more, why does having a sign that say "Women" or "Men" on the door actually stop people of the other sex from entering. A man can easily enter a women's bathroom, hide there and wait before attacking somebody and vice versa. Hell, we'd all be safer with gender neutral bathrooms, because it would be more likely that other people would be around.

Single sex bathrooms don't necessarily keep children safe. If they're so concerned about their children's safety, they should consider that before making baseless accusations against transpeople who probably just want to pee.

I have more times than I'd like to admit used the mens room (if its a single seater) when I really REALLY had to go and there was a line. Most times i've used it, I"ve been very visibly pregnant. :)

I'm trans (FTM). Obviously, I have and have heard a LOT of " washroom stories". The few times I got screamed at I was in women's washrooms- and I considered myself lucky that it stopped at screaming. And I know MTFs get it so so so much worse.

Now, single stall gender neutral accessible washrooms are amazing.

Families, people with disabilities(even more so if they have an PSW of the opposite gender), people who use injectable (legal) medication, trans*, intersex people, etc- all can use them.

They are safer too, since you have an actual door with an actual lock( and maybe even a fancy "emergency" button). They are also much much more easier to monitor. If someone has been in there for more than 20 minutes, you go check on them. It is much harder with multiple stalls.

I hope Maryland passes the law.

FTM= Female to male. MTF= Male to female. PSW= personal support worker.

I'm trans (FTM). Obviously, I have and have heard a LOT of " washroom stories". The few times I got screamed at I was in women's washrooms- and I considered myself lucky that it stopped at screaming. And I know MTFs get it so so so much worse.

Now, single stall gender neutral accessible washrooms are amazing.

Families, people with disabilities(even more so if they have an PSW of the opposite gender), people who use injectable (legal) medication, trans*, intersex people, etc- all can use them.

They are safer too, since you have an actual door with an actual lock( and maybe even a fancy "emergency" button). They are also much much more easier to monitor. If someone has been in there for more than 20 minutes, you go check on them. It is much harder with multiple stalls.

I hope Maryland passes the law.

FTM= Female to male. MTF= Male to female. PSW= personal support worker.

The more I think about it, the more gender neutral bathrooms simply MAKE SENSE, period. I mean, I don't label my restrooms in my house male or female. (I don't use the toilet in the basement because my husband refuses(more like chronically forgets) to clean it but that's another kettle of fish altogether). I mean, how many times have women waited in a lonnnnnng ass line to use the "ladie's" when there is NO line for the men's?

I would love to see more single unisex bathrooms out there, but even more, I'd love to see people stop being so squeamish about things that aren't important. While I recognize that there are risks of some people harming others, the vast majority of people are mainly interested in taking care of their own business.

These people would have a HEART ATTACK if they ever came to France. Completely aside from the issue of trans people, men and women will quite happily use each other's bathrooms in pubic. If you go to the Louvre, there's normally two queues of women for the bathrooms!

These people would have a HEART ATTACK if they ever came to France. Completely aside from the issue of trans people, men and women will quite happily use each other's bathrooms in pubic. If you go to the Louvre, there's normally two queues of women for the bathrooms!

Oh I would love to see that. Most of my family are extremely closed-minded and would flip out if they saw that. My sister wouldn't even allow her son to watch Dora or Disney Princess Movies, it had to be Diego and Bob the Builder and Superheroes at all times, she's fundie lite bordering straight fundie, minus the whole husband is your headship, long skirts and long hair, crap.

I was throwing up at work and the women's restroom happened to be occupied. I ran into the men's restroom to avoid puking all over the carpet. The silly sign didn't stop me. Why would it stop anyone else?

I was throwing up at work and the women's restroom happened to be occupied. I ran into the men's restroom to avoid puking all over the carpet. The silly sign didn't stop me. Why would it stop anyone else?

Exactly. My sister and cousin both seem to think that those signs are like magical barriers and should automatically block "the wrong people" from entering the restrooms.

I personally despise public restrooms to begin with, but if I have to use one I'll use the family/handicap one, with the locked door, because they're generally much cleaner.

I've used the mens bathroom before. Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go.

And to think, all this time I thought my trans friends were just awesome people, but I guess I've just been hanging around with a bunch of child molesters. :roll:

I'm a lesbian and I've heard the "child molester" argument so many times. A child molester is a child molester, not straight/gay/bi/trans whatever.

Sherrice Iverson.

Theguy wasn't a trans, he was straight. Pedo, but straight. yet he still went in, and still killed her. there is a law against murder, but that didn't stop him. if a transgender wants to rape someone, it doesn't matter if there is a law or not. if ANYONE wants to rape, they will despite a law about bathrooms.

The thing is: won't this mean that the mtf trans are using the women's bathroom? So if they are looking to molest your sons, well, they are certainly taking a weird route.

Let's not resurrect the epic should-boys-use-women's-restrooms argument, btw. I can feel it coming in the wind...

eta: at my small town junior college, there was a young male who dressed somewhat femininely and wore makeup despite identifying as male. His best friends were females and I routinely saw him in the women's restroom with them. Is it really a big deal? I did not think of it until now, but I guess he probably could have run into problems.

Most parents go to the bathroom with very young children. So, I am not certain what danger your family is afraid will happen. Children can be molested by people wearing the clothing that is traditionally male or female. How does wearing a certain article of clothing make you more or less likely to molest someone?

By the way, the few cases that I have heard of children being molested in public bathrooms, involved young boys being abused by men in the men's bathrooms.

I think that children would be most protected if we got over the fear of seeing someone else accidentally naked and had bathrooms that were not segregated by sex.

First make sure that all public bathrooms are well ventilated to get rid of the weird guy-pee stink and most importantly train all men who use public bathrooms to quit dripping on the floor and for the love of decent behavior FLUSH THE TOILET. I've used unisex public bathrooms and they are the grossest of all.

First make sure that all public bathrooms are well ventilated to get rid of the weird guy-pee stink and most importantly train all men who use public bathrooms to quit dripping on the floor and for the love of decent behavior FLUSH THE TOILET. I've used unisex public bathrooms and they are the grossest of all.

Funny, women's washrooms are often worse than men's.

The ignorance - it burns :o

My cousin is MTF trans so this issue hits a little close to home. This reminds me of the recent Girl Scout outcry because the Girls Scouts are welcoming transgirls. There was a video of a Girl Scout calling for a boycott of cookie sales because she didn't feel safe going on campouts because she was afraid these "boys" were going to do something to her and her fellow scouts.

I remember my FB page was full of people pledging that they were going to go out of their way to buy GS cookies this year. I know I'm going to buy extra boxes myself :mrgreen:

These people scare the shit out of me. I'm a pretty butch looking woman, I'm afraid to go into the ladies room now because these fucknuts want to know what's in my pants. IT'S A VULVA!! and who the fuck cares anyway? Nobody needs to know what equipment you have, just go to whichever bathroom you want to.

I go to the men's room all the damn time because there's no line. OMG WOMAN IN THE MEN'S ROOM!!!!! what.the.fuck.ever.

It's got a toilet, not rocket science. If you have to pee or poop go somewhere with a toilet. If you feel better in the lady's room, go there. If you feel better in the men's room go there. I, for one, believe people know what gender they are, I don't need to argue with them about it. Geezus!

Funny, women's washrooms are often worse than men's.

SO TRUE. Well, I don't actually have experience in men's bathrooms, but the one year I had to share a bathroom in a dorm it was gender neutral and the next year it was women's only. The gender neutral one was immaculate and the nicest shared bathroom I have ever had the pleasure of using. The women's only one was utterly filthy and gross and there would always be things like blood on the seat or unflushed pads in the toilet. It was terrible.

Aren't all these women who take their boys into the ladies with them ALREADY violating the dumb gendered sign?

Exactly what I told my sister. But she replied again with "When you have kids you'll understand. Like I said before I'm looking out for my son"

Like somehow a trans using the same public restroom as you or your child means something dangerous is going to happen to them.

I already don't like my sister but this just strengthened the already low opinion of her I had

Exactly what I told my sister. But she replied again with "When you have kids you'll understand. Like I said before I'm looking out for my son"

Like somehow a trans using the same public restroom as you or your child means something dangerous is going to happen to them.

I already don't like my sister but this just strengthened the already low opinion of her I had

I probably would have commented that if becoming transphobic was a risk of having children I wouldn't ever have any.

Although it's probably not the most diplomatic statement ever.

Alternatively "Maybe when you're transgender and you have to pee you'll understand."

Again, not very diplomatic.

Archived