IGNORED

Santorum Excommunicates 45 Million Mainline US Christians

mirele

I wish I was kidding.

In a 2008 speech at Ave Maria University, Rick Santorum, a devout Catholic, warned about the dangers of “the NBA†and “rock concerts,†but also said that while Protestants founded America, mainline Protestantism is in such “shambles†that “it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see itâ€:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/ ... istianity/

I hope this excommunicating moral scold doesn't get elected president. We've got quite enough of those people now (heck, Free Jinger is full of examples).

Just another thing the Duggars and Ricky have in common, they both think their perfect and going to heaven and everyone is else is going to burn. Oh joy! (head bang)

I wonder what Joshie would have to say about that quote. Also, I wish they would stop using "Judeo" in the phrase "Judeo-Christian." They don't really mean it.

Guest Anonymous

Rick (and Newt, Mitt, Michelle, etc) I owe you all a thank-you note. When I first started dating my now-husband, his views were semi-conservative. However, thanks to all of you, he's since veered all the way to the left, AKA The Dark Side. Thanks again.

I'm glad he's not a pope-he doesn't have the right to ex-communicate me. I hate it that when culture changes over the centuries when fundies complain that the newer generations ruin culture and manners as in Dicky's case here.

I was thinking about posting this; I'm glad you did. That's so much more inflammatory then anything Jeremiah Wright ever said, and it comes straight out of the candidate's mouth. I really, really, hope Santorum gets the nomination, just to see the epic flameout of nutballs like him.

Then WHY are all of the uber social conservatiives voting for Frothy? Does. Not. Compute. My crazed fundie Catholic family is voting for him, but they actually think he doesn't take his Catholicism far enough.

Why do the Protestant fundies dig him the most?

I wonder what Joshie would have to say about that quote. Also, I wish they would stop using "Judeo" in the phrase "Judeo-Christian." They don't really mean it.

Thank you. I don't share any values with these fuckbrains.

Another one who doesnt think they understand the judeo part of judeo Christian. Not that I have ever heard anything presented as judeochristian that I recall being evenly slightly judeo.

I try to stay out of politics(I grew up in a politically active family & had enough) but I have been reading too much on Rick. Why is it that no real negative ads are running on him? There have been a few on earmarks, but in general the media (especially CNN and Piers Morgan) are mking Rick out to be a son of a hard working coal mining family (I know that this is not true) that speaks his mind and is the honest real candidate. Usually I don't care for ads bashing each other, but why isn't Mitt or Newt getting something out there about what a loon Rick is?

I can see something positive in Mitt, Ron & even Newt but I see nothing at all in Rick. Are there that many blind followers?

I try to stay out of politics(I grew up in a politically active family & had enough) but I have been reading too much on Rick. Why is it that no real negative ads are running on him? There have been a few on earmarks, but in general the media (especially CNN and Piers Morgan) are mking Rick out to be a son of a hard working coal mining family (I know that this is not true) that speaks his mind and is the honest real candidate. Usually I don't care for ads bashing each other, but why isn't Mitt or Newt getting something out there about what a loon Rick is?

I can see something positive in Mitt, Ron & even Newt but I see nothing at all in Rick. Are there that many blind followers?

The way the talking heads explain is that if Romney starts running ads against Rick, he will appear to be to the left of Rick, which is bad because it will just add to the questions hard core conservatives already have about Romney's conservatism.

They never do. If multiple attempts by fundie-lite acquaintances to "save" me are any indication, they think we Judeos are going to hell too.

As one of those Christians who believes in Jesus but still enjoys rock concerts... :doh:

Go away, Santorum! :animals-chickencatch:

The only "Judeo" thing they favor is their pro-Israel political stance.

Santorum's ramblings don't make a lot of sense to me. Is it just me?

Nope. He's a hypocritical bigot, as shown with the abortion debate and what happened with his wife.

I think they just haven't taken him seriously as a legitimate threat, so why waste the money? Maybe now that he's won a few primaries we'll see more ads targeting him.

I also don't think the other candidates could possibly beat Rick's anti-Romney commercial with the santorum guns :lol: That was classic.

Archived