IGNORED

So sad I missed this "crazy" in the Super Bowl Village

divadivine

A friend of mine took this picture when she was in the Super Bowl Village here in Indianapolis. I am glad I decided to skip all the crazy (I'm just not a big crowd person). If I had encountered this crazy lady, I'm not sure I could have been quiet. I do wonder how she was being a good helpmeet if she was standing in Super Bowl Village? Someone could have defrauded her. I'm also going to blame the measles outbreak here in the Metro Indy area on this crazy group of non-vaccinating fundies and their children (who had clearly been ill or were ill when visiting downtown).

6889584623_72ff7796a9_z.jpg

:D

I love that she felt the need to define "keepers at home." I guess she thought "Darwinists" would think she meant zookeepers, believin' that folks is monkeys, and all . . . :roll:

6889584623_72ff7796a9_z.jpg

:D

I love that she felt the need to define "keepers at home." I guess she thought "Darwinists" would think she meant zookeepers, believin' that folks is monkeys, and all . . . :roll:

Thank you for adding the captioning to the photo!!

I would have appalled the fundies. I have short hair and I'm a heathen Catholic. I would have been forced to go head to head with the crazies and it would have been ugly. I then would have told her the frumper she was wearing was fugly.

One of the most fun things about when I was in college was when I and another woman got into a debate with crazies like her, as it really upset this one guy that women weren't submitting as the poster they had basically said that everyone but those fundies were going to hell, including all women. The best part was that a couple of male theater majors started kissing in front of the fundies just to piss them off. The other thing that upset the crazies was that us women wore pants, and there were a few who had short hair.

If she is using that list as a recruiting tool it is an epic failure .. seriously - you try to win people over by telling them to do the dishes ?

Ugh. If I ever saw a woman holding a sign like that, you can bet I'd straight up ask her what she was doing away from home, neglecting her womanly duties. I'd also ask her if she votes, and whether or not she considers herself the property of her husband/father. Then I'd bring up the examples of Deborah, Ruth, and the Proverbs 31 woman, who do not fit the modern fundie woman mold. I'm really starting to wonder if half the population isn't a bit out-of-stock in the brain department.

Pshh I brought up the proverbs 31 woman deborah esther and ruth to someone once... I was told they were the exception not the rule and all of americas problems started when women began working.

Pshh I brought up the proverbs 31 woman deborah esther and ruth to someone once... I was told they were the exception not the rule and all of americas problems started when women began working.

But even the Proverbs 31 woman that they always claim to model themselves after worked outside the home. I don't think that they even read the Bible like they claim.

Ugh. If I ever saw a woman holding a sign like that, you can bet I'd straight up ask her what she was doing away from home, neglecting her womanly duties. I'd also ask her if she votes, and whether or not she considers herself the property of her husband/father. Then I'd bring up the examples of Deborah, Ruth, and the Proverbs 31 woman, who do not fit the modern fundie woman mold. I'm really starting to wonder if half the population isn't a bit out-of-stock in the brain department.

I would do the same thing.

They either haven't read it, or they've simply read into it what they want.

They probably just had their husbands give them the gist of it. Surely upright husbands would tell them the truth, and wouldn't spin the Bible in a way that was self-serving.

Damm. I have been reading too many fundie blogs, that frumper fabric looked familiar to me. Maybe the Maxwells or the Seven Sisters.

Jeez, look at her!! If she was so content with her life as a daughter of a king or a fulfilled helpmeet of a visionary or whatever the hell they call themselves, she wouldn't look like that. Now I'm sorry if I'm being insensitive but she needs to look in a mirror once in a while and put down her fork, wash her hair, maybe even try a little Maybelline. At least before she starts telling the rest of us what to do.

Jeez, look at her!! If she was so content with her life as a daughter of a king or a fulfilled helpmeet of a visionary or whatever the hell they call themselves, she wouldn't look like that. Now I'm sorry if I'm being insensitive but she needs to look in a mirror once in a while and put down her fork, wash her hair, maybe even try a little Maybelline. At least before she starts telling the rest of us what to do.

This. Did she not read the part about keeping that countenance pretty? Her hubby's probably off somewhere boinking a hooker!

Yes, the frumper is hideous. Although, really, it doesn't matter what the woman looks like - some of our "fav" fundies start out quite attractive. It's almost more nauseating when the young, pretty ones do it because they've only just started on this oh-so-wonderful journey yet act like they are experts. Hard to look good if you've been on the fundie train for very long - all that baby manufacturing and manual labor takes a toll, I'm sure.

The sign, though - wow - sign me up!

I feel like it's useless to argue with these fundies because every time you bring up logic based on the Bible etc, they can find infomation that's total bs. It'll be like arguing with a wall.

Guest Anonymous
I feel like it's useless to argue with these fundies because every time you bring up logic based on the Bible etc, they can find infomation that's total bs. It'll be like arguing with a wall.

You'd have better luck arguing with the wall. If all else failed, you could still lob a sledgehammer at it.

Archived