IGNORED

So sad I missed this "crazy" in the Super Bowl Village

divadivine

If I walked by this woman, I'd just laugh. Really, what else are you going to do in the face of such hypocrisy? If she's supposed to be quiet and meek, what the hell is she doing out there telling everyone else how to live? That's neither quiet nor meek.

Besides, from the looks of her, I enjoy my life a hell of a lot more than she enjoys her's. I'm not out there trying to shove my beliefs down the throats of people just trying to have a good time. If you're trying that hard to convince people that your lifestyle is the be all and end all, then your lifestyle isn't that attractive. Otherwise, people would be flocking to it in droves and you wouldn't have to stand on a street corner trying to make it look good.

Seriously, if you want to be a quiet, meek, housewife/mother, than do it. If you want to be a high powered child free CEO, then do it. Have whatever lifestyle you want, just stop trying to force it on everyone else.

Damm. I have been reading too many fundie blogs, that frumper fabric looked familiar to me. Maybe the Maxwells or the Seven Sisters.

I think I have potholders made out of this material. Seriously.

I think I have potholders made out of this material. Seriously.

I had a jumper/frumper of the exact fabric. Of course, it was completely appropriate since I was in elementary school and it was the early 90's.....

This. Did she not read the part about keeping that countenance pretty? Her hubby's probably off somewhere boinking a hooker!

I think a lot of these women are so unhappy with their lives and don't want to admit it, so they want the rest of us to be miserable too.

I think a lot of these women are so unhappy with their lives and don't want to admit it, so they want the rest of us to be miserable too.

I think a lot of these woman are jealous of our lives because we get to be so free so that's why they tear us down so much.

I think many of them want justification for being intellectually lazy (and even lazy in other ways). As many of us have pointed out, thinking for oneself, getting an education, being involved in the world, and supporting oneself are not for sissies.

Ironing, is that when you throw whatever is wrinkled into the dryer until it's mostly presentable? The woman doesn't have a brood with her so maybe she lost a bet or something and had to hold up this sign and dress in a pair of ugly bathroom curtains.

If I walked by this woman, I'd just laugh.

Me too. And loudly, 'cause "quiet" is about the last word anyone would use to describe me.

We almost went to check out the village (I live about an hr away from Indy), and now I almost wish I would have. Chances are I would've even been sporting my PP shirt, as I love to wear it when I'm going to be in big crowds just to see how many dirty looks I get.

I noticed that she forgot to add that gluttony is a sin.

This. I'm not usually an asshole, but if someone wants to flap their trap about how I should act, I'd like to point out some flaws in what they are doing.

Me too. And loudly, 'cause "quiet" is about the last word anyone would use to describe me.

We almost went to check out the village (I live about an hr away from Indy), and now I almost wish I would have. Chances are I would've even been sporting my PP shirt, as I love to wear it when I'm going to be in big crowds just to see how many dirty looks I get.

I could have worn my "I feel a sin comin' on" t-shirt which totally freaked out some fundies on Wal-Mart one day. Talk about dirty looks.... The hubby kept looking at my shirt and the wife was not too happy. I guess it worked! I think he had to go to the prayer closet when he got home!

She probably thinks she helped out a lot of people too. That a lot were "blessed" by her testimony. :doh: Fundies are so delusional....

Archived